PDA

View Full Version : Why?

samantha78
03-13-2006, 12:02 PM
I have been dressing since I was 14, and although I got a good balance of a pair of heels, how come women make it look so easy?
I went out of town with a friend last week and saw a gg walking around in 5 inch heels like it were no problem! I have a pair of 5 inch heels and I have a hard time standing in them!
Any thoughts or suggestions??

Shelly Preston
03-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Samantha

Years of practice

JoAnnDallas
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I remember living at home with two older sisters. They got there first pair of 3 inch heels. They would walk all over the house, at first wobbly but as time went on it got easier and easier for them. So it all comes down to practice, practice, practice.

Maureen Henley
03-13-2006, 12:29 PM
How does one get to Carnegie Hall?

Prectice, practice, practice.:p

But seriously, folks....I wear heels a LOT at home. The more you do, the better you do.

Melinda G
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
I can walk as good in heels as any woman. On the other hand, I have seen women hobbling around in heels like the Budweiser boys. Just takes practice. If they can do it, we can do it.

TGMarla
03-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Yep. Practice. And 5" heels are just not necessary (to me, that is) unless you feel like you really just gotta....

Try some lower ones first. No one swims in the deep end right away.

Jennaie
03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
Walking in heels is like being a gymnast on the floor excersizes. You move on the balls of your feet, always keeping your balance and weight on them. Your heels barely touch the ground. Walk around in your bare feet on the balls of your feet for a while and then try the same thing in heels.

Francesca Chantel
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I must say I didn't do too badly in Target the other day.

kathy gg
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
HI Samantha.

I think it is quiet simple really, our center of gravity is different than yours. But even then it can be overcome with (as everyone stated) practice. But even then your gait will still be somewhat different. This has to done with bone and hip structure.

Also, if you happen to bit a bit on the plump side, heels are going to be more difficult to navigate in male or female.

I found when I was working I could work in 3" heels and be okay to change into a 4" or so for a fun night out. But now that I stay home, forget it! I can only wear 4" heels for about an hour and me feet are dying. My body no longer is used to that pressure.

Good luck though.

My sweetie can walk in 5"ers, but not nearly as good as he used to. Now we are too busy chasing our crazy baby around and that ain't practical in pointy stilletoes!

I have been dressing since I was 14, and although I got a good balance of a pair of heels, how come women make it look so easy?
I went out of town with a friend last week and saw a gg walking around in 5 inch heels like it were no problem! I have a pair of 5 inch heels and I have a hard time standing in them!
Any thoughts or suggestions??

Billijo49504
03-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Just as everyone says, practice. Get a pair of 2 1/2 or 3 inch heels and practice, I don't have any higher than that, but I'm better than my wife in heels.

wendy
03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
The more you wear them, the better you'll get. My first time in heels I took small baby steps for fear of twisting my ankles, but now I can do a light sprint in them.

The highest heels I have in my collection are 2 inches, but I do plan on buying a 5 inch pumps one day.:D