PDA

View Full Version : I’m a hoarder of women’s wear according to my wife.

lingerieLiz
12-19-2017, 11:09 PM
I’m a hoarder of women’s wear according to my wife. O.K. I’m guilty. LOL

I like many on this site have more clothes than they will wear this and perhaps the next few years. In some cases, we will never be that size again, but we have a full wardrobe in that size. I don’t profess that I live as a woman full time. I do wear women’s clothes full time. This includes typical lingerie items such as bras, panties, nightgowns, and robes.

Started me thinking about the amount of clothes I have. Do I need the same top in half a dozen colors? How many duplicate white, black, nude camisoles do I need? Same with tank tops, and slips. Then there are the bras. My wife just shakes her head when she sees yet another new one. She has a dozen or there about. She is hooked on shoes though. I would guess three hundred. I have twenty.

The police were requesting clothes for the homeless so I decided to give some of my clothes for the drive. I donated all my men’s coats, jackets, shirts, and a couple women’s tops that I didn’t like.

Ressie
12-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Yes, it sounds like you've gone a bit overboard. More clothes becomes an obsession for me too. Congratulations on donating your clothes to the police. I'm sure they'll enjoy the women's tops!

alwayshave
12-20-2017, 07:49 AM
I definitely have more underwear than my fiancee, not hoarder level though.

deebra
12-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Take bras and panties, just love looking in the drawer at all the different styles and colors, better yet getting into them. Love buying new but hate to throw away the old.

Robbiegirl
12-21-2017, 11:43 AM
I am curious as to how many night gowns and full slips you own ?

I am always being out bid for these items on EBAY

Stephanie47
12-21-2017, 11:49 AM
Sometimes I think it is a compulsive disorder. A therapist I see for reasons other than gender issues says it is "retail therapy." The therapist I see is at no charge (VA) for I figure the amount of clothes I buy which I will never be able to wear frequently is cheaper than a therapist. Robbie, I'm not going to ask the size of your slips. I've noticed the bidding has gotten insane on eBay for larger size slips; 42, 44 and 46, especially when it comes to colors. Fortunately I built my "collection" before slips became more popular.

kimdl93
12-21-2017, 12:27 PM
A couple years ago, I completely purged my things. At the time I was struck by how many panties and stockings I’d accumulated....far more than I could ever wear. My closet was similarly filled with an array of tops, skirts and dresses that were never worn. I even accumulated multiple sets of breast forms. I can recall taking some pleasure from each purchase...whether on line or in person, which lead me to the recognition that the retail therapy had become obsessive. There were other compulsive behaviors that went along with this.

i am being treated medically for OCD, and the response has been a marked reduction in obsessive behaviors, which seems to confirm in my case, that my CDing had a pathological component. know it’s a Loaded concept for CDrs, and I do not mean to suggest that my experience can be applied to everyone. Nor do I want to leave the impression that my desire to acquire and wear women’s clothes is solely explained by OCD. If that were true I might just as easily been compelled to collect Hummel figures or prone to excessive hand washing.

yuri
12-21-2017, 01:57 PM
I'm a hoarder too, I buy much more than I can ever wear... I think I have 3x more female clothes than male.

RADER
12-21-2017, 03:40 PM
Yes, I am guilty of having a tone of female clothes, and always looking for something new.
It is the only vice I have, and at 70 years old, I can enjoy my vice.
Rader

Steph_CD_62
12-21-2017, 04:18 PM
I am sure my wife would say the same about me. I have over 75 pair of panties, probably closer to 100 pair where my wife has around 10. I have 19 bras of all different colors, and my wife has 6 bras. I have over 20 nightgowns and she has 3. I have 3 dresses and I think she has 5.

I would love to have more, but I know the wife wouldn't be too happy even though she would support me. Our marriage is a give and take when it comes to my dressing. I would love to do more, but she wishes I would do less. So I only dress a couple times a week, although I do wear panties 24/7.

Robbiegirl
12-21-2017, 06:04 PM
Sometimes I think it is a compulsive disorder. A therapist I see for reasons other than gender issues says it is "retail therapy." The therapist I see is at no charge (VA) for I figure the amount of clothes I buy which I will never be able to wear frequently is cheaper than a therapist. Robbie, I'm not going to ask the size of your slips. I've noticed the bidding has gotten insane on eBay for larger size slips; 42, 44 and 46, especially when it comes to colors. Fortunately I built my "collection" before slips became more popular.

I am still wearing a size 38 ! It takes work! LOL

suzanne
12-21-2017, 09:06 PM
I've been accused of being compulsive about my girl clothes, that I have been spending way too much money. I see it differently. There's a few things going on with me, but not compulsion. First, when you find a dress that looks awesome on you, you buy it now because you might never get another chance. Second, rule one happens so seldom for me that the effect is even more pronounced. Third, I'm still learning what my personal style is, so there's going to be a few extra things in my closet. Fourth, I buy boy clothes so infrequently that they are vastly outnumbered by my girl clothes, which makes it seem worse than it is.

Of course all that goes away when I see myself in the mirror wearing a new outfit!

lingerieLiz
12-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Robbiegirl, I'm not your problem. lol I haven't bought any on eBay in 15 or so years. I've bought them in stores on sale or otherwise. I probably have 15 or 20 of each. Have several caftans also. Only purchased a couple times. Did buy some blouses. I'm not a fan of eBay for clothes. That is just me.

ToniG
12-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Suppose that we all have been guilty of this one. But have often imagined how much I would have here-but for those purgings over the years!! Blessings... Toni G...

Janine cd
12-21-2017, 11:31 PM
I must confess that at one time I had 39 pairs of heels and more than 50 dresses, skirts and blouses. Unfortunately, I had to purge them all when we moved into a new and much smaller house.

Shely
12-22-2017, 03:30 PM
I am guilty of this too. I can't seem to part with the dresses. I have in excess of 75 in the closet right now. I don't buy many men's clothes any more. I do part bras that i can't help from bidding on e-bay. I will sell them occasionally when i get m ore that a dozen. But the dresses are something i can't part with. Occasionally i line them all up and look them over hoping to pass one or two on. But i just can't do it.

Francene Lola Dupree
12-22-2017, 03:48 PM
I only have a massive collection of because I adore the thrill of a new item, trying it on for the first time and matching it with different accessories.
After I've had an item for a while I'm much less excited by it than whatever's newer.
Love dragging an old favourite out to match with a new find tho ;)
xXx

CynthiaD
12-22-2017, 07:21 PM
You're not a hoarder of women's clothes until you have to climb over huge piles of women's clothes to get from room to room in your house. If everything's in the wardrobe, you're probably ok.