PDA

View Full Version : Does this story resonate with you?

Helen_Highwater
12-20-2017, 01:41 PM
I came across this video on YouTube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2lh3pazKsM

It's a short made for Channel 4 were Grayson Perry the artist who's also known for his CD'ing meets a truck driver who runs a safe haven hotel for CD'ers. The story she tells I'm sure will resonate with many here.

DaisyLawrence
12-20-2017, 01:48 PM
It was one of a set of shaorts Grayson made. Most of the others were better. Those in the UK can search for 'Grayson Perry or 'Transgender' on 4 on demand to see them all.

Anne K
12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
That was really fun!

My wife brought home a book called Casa Susanna. The author found a bunch of pictures at a Flea Market that were taken in the late 1950's and early 1960's. Apparently, a T-Girls named Susanna hosted other T-Girls in a similar fashion. The pictures were a candid record of their gathering. The book is a lot of fun!

I would love to do something like that!

Esther Latour
12-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Very nice little documentary. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely check his other shorts if I can find them on line. Are they also mainly about crossdressing/trans issues?

Terri_Cross
12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I'll be looking for more of his videos now.

DIANEF
12-20-2017, 06:34 PM
I always thought Perry was a bit of an exhibitionist when he first appeared but having seen this and other programmes about him I have changed my view totally. Helen, did you ever see 'four hours in high heels'?. worth watching if you can find it.

BrendaPDX
12-20-2017, 07:01 PM
It reminds me of a local transformation salon, they also host parties. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa
12-20-2017, 07:53 PM
Helen,
When I first joined my social group I couldn't stop thanking people for organising it and giving us the opportunity to meet in a safe environment , it has changed my life because I accepted Teresa and now I'm taking the next big step.

I will have to catch up with more of Grayson thanks for finding this one to start us off .

Kellitgdet
12-20-2017, 09:03 PM
Love it, thanks for posting.

Helen_Highwater
12-21-2017, 10:07 AM
Helen,
When I first joined my social group I couldn't stop thanking people for organising it and giving us the opportunity to meet in a safe environment , it has changed my life

Teresa,

I think it's difficult if not near impossible to overestimate the effect attending a group can have on those looking to venture out. Like you my visits were while not life changing, certainly life affirming. The confidence I gained from talking to others bought about a step change in what I did. I'm certain I wouldn't have done a fraction of the things I have done had it not been for the few hours I spent shared with kindred spirits.

Diane,

Googled "four hours in high heels" but drew a blank sadly

Julia1984
12-23-2017, 05:45 AM
Thanks for finding this and sharing. Tina deserves an OBE at least, but I suspect she won't get one. If only there was something / someone similar local to here...
Julia