PDA

View Full Version : loves lingerie

patti3
03-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi I have browsed so many lovely pics and am so envious I have nothing in my closety and am afraid to go shopping without a gg co conspirator the feel the lovely special oder and lace creates a yearning any advice from all of you lovely Ladies?

JoAnnDallas
03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Try the internet, most of the intamate clothing stores have online sites.

carol ann
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
You don't say where you live but Ii have no hesitation in shopping at any of the department stores. Just imagine you are buying a present for a wife who has the same measurements as yourself. I have never been challenged. if an assistant asks if she can help me, i say "I am just looking".

Not sure of your size well in UK 32 waist roughly equates to 36 bra and 14 dress etc size, 34 waist to 38 bra and 16 dress size while a 36 waist could also get away with a 38 bra and 18 dress or top. this is just a rough guide.

Can anyone else give a guide to USA or Continental Europe?

Try the inexpensive stores while you are experimenting

Annaliese
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi I have browsed so many lovely pics and am so envious I have nothing in my closety and am afraid to go shopping without a gg co conspirator the feel the lovely special oder and lace creates a yearning any advice from all of you lovely Ladies?
I have just two words Wal-mart the prices are good and I hve never had a problem in any wal-mart

Holly
03-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Patti, all I can tell you honey, is to just go do it! Not every eye in the store is going to be focused on you just because there is a couple of bras and a few pair of panties in your shopping cart. 99.99% of all people shopping are far more interested in what they are buying to be the least bit concerned about what you are buying... that's a fact! In the rare instance that a clerk might say something at the checkout, a simple, "They are gifts" is all the you need say. (They are.. for you)! Shopping is fun... enjoy it!

Eric/a
03-13-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure what took me longer. Going from closet dressing to being out in public, or going from saying "They are gifts" to trying things on in the fitting room in stores.

Billijo49504
03-14-2006, 12:33 AM
1st, go on the internet and find a size chart, so you know what size you are. Then go shopping. If you are a 12 or 14 or larger, go to Lane bryant. They are corporate CD friendly. Go there right after they open, then there are probably no other customers there. Other than some other guys.;) They will give you a bra fitting, if you ask. They will let you try on clothes. And help you pick out items that go together. They are in the business to sell clothes, not worry about if it's for a guy. Be honest with them and they will work with you...BJ

wendy
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I agree with what everyone has mentioned, with the internet finding out what your size is has never been easier and you can do it in the privacy of your own home.

Go early, try the thrift stores first, the times i've been there the 'bargain thirsty' customer is to engrossed in finding that cheap item that they won't even notice you're there.

patti3
03-14-2006, 09:22 AM
thank you Wendy I just really need a dose of courage. love Patti

wendy
03-14-2006, 09:26 AM
thank you Wendy I just really need a dose of courage. love Patti
the first step is the hardest, I was in your shoes once before. I remember the first time I worked up the courage to go buy lingerie in a store, but the truth is, no one really cares if you do walk in the women's clothing area.

In today's society, women buy clothes for men all the time and vice versa. No one really thinks anything of it at all. You see guys buying feminine tampons too, and no one think anything of it either.

If it makes you feel any better, plan a trip just 'browsing' the women's section. Perhaps after browsing you'll find that no one really pays any attention to you and you'll wind up buying something after all !:D :D

Oh yeah, if you do go to a department store, try and find one that doesn't have any female 'attendants', that way you can browse at your leisure without being asked if you need help. That may help you overcome your apprehension.

Good luck !!:D :D