PDA

View Full Version : Getting braver with age.

AlissaMurray
12-24-2017, 09:15 AM
I can say I am getting braver with age. I've been in the closet for over 30 years. I was curious as a boy and did all the same things most of us did. As a young married male I would play Lingerie games with my first wife and she was OK with it. Now all these years later I still have not ventured out of my home as Alissa. However, I am part way there. I wear panties and girls t-shirts 7 days a week, I have 3 pair of women's jeans that I regularly wear to work. I think my closet is at about a 50/50 split of hers and his. I've gone to work for a week now with pretty painted red nails. I put on a bra the minute I get home and usually don't remove it till I go to work the next night. I am becoming more and more at ease with all of it. Truth is, no body cares. They really don't, too wrapped up in their own lives.

The clerk/manager of my local convenience store noticed my nails and said "I don't even want to know", I replied about what? She said "the nails." I laughed, then I said "well ya know, I am more of an average Joanne than a average Joe, but she is too much to upkeep for work every day". "Oh don't I know it, she responded. You have a great day Hun". And that was that. I really think a lot of you out there worry too much about what others think.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not saying I am ready to be totally open with everyone about who I am and who I am becoming but... most people that you pass by in day to day life... just don't care. They got their own issues.

As for me, 2018 is going to be a year for makeup for me. Time to learn, time to find who I can bring out. Looking forward to experimentation!

kimdl93
12-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Age has its benefits, for sure.

LindaAnne
12-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Melissa I can relate. While I've been crossdressing for over 40 years, it wasn't until the last 5 or so that I got comfortable with my inner girl. Over the past several years I've not only been underdressing more but also am much more braver than ever before. Like you, 2018 will be a big year for me as I am going to go out in public en femme for the first time (and hopefully lots more) this year. I do need to get much better at makeup first but after that I do plan to go out and am looking forward to it so much. Getting older is actually ok!

LaurenS
12-25-2017, 06:59 AM
What a great interaction. Love your response!

alwayshave
12-25-2017, 08:27 AM
Alissa, sounds like the clerk noticed, but did not occur.

MindiB
12-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Just love the great come back with the clerk Alissa. I know your going to a lot of fun in 2018.

docrobbysherry
12-26-2017, 01:32 AM
Your response is interesting, Alissa. Because it hi lites the 2 sides or personalities of dressers. Some T people r very social. They will spend all the time necessary to talk about their nails, hair, dressing, etc., etc., with anyone who notices and comments to them. Maybe u r one of those?:)

Then, there r those T's that mite be annoyed at taking time out their busy schedule to bla bla bla with a perfect stranger about things that r really none of their business!:straightface:

Personally, when I'm out shopping, eating, etc. out in public I want to do what I'm out to do without wasting time on distractions or strangers. Which is why there is nothing about me in drab mode that tips off anyone about my dressing. And, I like it that way!:heehee:

AlissaMurray
12-26-2017, 07:48 AM
I am fairly social. Not terribly though. I just know that clerk and I plan to stay social with her. The place is 1/4 mile from home and I am in there all the time.

kimdl93
12-26-2017, 08:58 AM
A few years ago, when I went out regularly, I was of the social type. I went out for the interactions with people as much as anything. Perhaps I’ll regain some of that sociability in 2018!