PDA

View Full Version : A little farther out

kimdl93
12-24-2017, 08:56 PM
I’m spending the holidays alone because of work obligations. Today I decided to dress completely after a hiatus of several weeks.

This afternoon while watching a documentary on Netflix, there came a knock on my door. I wasn’t expecting company. In one of those ok, you have to decide moments, I chose to answer the door, fully en femme (for those who care...ribbed, wine faux turtleneck, jeans,low heels, fully made up and wig)

at my door were the 40 - something couple from immediately accro the street, with gift of a bottle of wine. I made no attempt to hide myself, thanked them for their kindness and wished them a merry Christmas. I was a bit surprised and addled, and wish I’d been a bit less self conscious...but there is no doubt any suspicion they had about this neighbor have been confirmed.

Laura912
12-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Time to start putting notches in the porch post.

Shely
12-24-2017, 09:37 PM
my worst fear when i am dressed up. I always, all most always anyway, put my car in the garage, so i don't have to answer the door. But sometimes it seams we want others to know, doesn't it.

Sami Brown
12-24-2017, 10:05 PM
Merry Christmas to one brave gal!

Sami

lingerieLiz
12-24-2017, 10:13 PM
I guess the question is, will your wife mind if the neighbors know?

Allisa
12-25-2017, 12:28 AM
No more hiding behind closed doors and blinds. Let the sun in.

Tracii G
12-25-2017, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the neighborhood tranny club.
All my neighbors know and its no big deal to them and way easier for me to come and go in whatever mode.

Teresa
12-25-2017, 01:57 AM
Kim,
I hope I have the same type of neighbour , because that's how it's going to be , Lisa is right just let the sunshine in and enjoy how you feel . Perhaps now is the time to cross the road and tell the good neighbours you are about to open the bottle and would they like to join you in a Xmas drink .

Kiwi Primrose
12-25-2017, 03:03 AM
I've had similar experiences in the last few days, both while putting out the recycling bins in the early morning and dressed in a short skirt and skimpy top.
Reaction - nothing!! We stood in the centre of the street discussing the weather (sunny and warm), the affairs of the street, the boy racers a couple of nights ago, and what we were doing for Christmas.
Most have seen me like this before but not when we stopped for conversation.

Leslie Mary S
12-25-2017, 04:25 AM
I was trying on some outfits and DarkAnGGel was fixing brunch and telling me what she though of them.
There was enough smoke from the bacon to set off the fire alarm.
I ran to the alarm box killed the audible and called the alarm company and was trying to get the alarm company to not send the fire department because there was NOT a fire. They put me on hold. In rushed the fire department. DarkAnGGel was in a bath robe and I was in a white sheer blouse and jumper-ed shirt and 4" shiny red heel, Wig and full make-up. we were going to do a photo shoot in a little bit.

alwayshave
12-25-2017, 07:04 AM
Kim, you survived, it will only become easier.

Maria 60
12-25-2017, 07:55 AM
That's great, you go girl. My only question is you didn't explain there reaction when you opened the door? I'm just wondering if maybe they had an idea or were they surprised.

kimdl93
12-25-2017, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the supportive comments, everyone. For the record, no dead cat on the deck this morning, certainly no torches or threats. I suspect my status as Neighborhood Tranny had already been established. I'm not entirely sure how much sunlight I'll let in. This was impulsive, which I seldom allow myself, but also there was a quick risk assessment at that moment. I thought it would be discourteous not to answer the door, even at the risk of confirming gossip :)

Once upon a time, I was pretty out.... Its hard to imagine after retreated into phases of denial and hiding. Once lost, that self-acceptance can take a long time to return. Maybe this bit of impromptu exposure will make the recover a little easier. At the very least, I hope to live (and dress) as I choose in my own home....in my little bit of a yard, etc. Beyond those boundaries, I'll continue to be discrete and respectful of the likely diversity of opinions.

Karen RHT
12-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Thanks for sharing Kim. I'm not impulsive either, and have "owned it" when required. Here's to your "At the very least, I hope to live (and dress) as I choose in my own home....in my little bit of a yard, etc." statement coming true for you.

Karen

Jenny22
01-08-2018, 03:39 PM
My dressing is not known by neighbors. I fully dress daily, and will never answer the door, dressed, even for a UPS delivery of something I've ordered. UPS will leave a "note" that can be signed by you stating that the delivery can be left on the porch when next they come, usually the next day.

kimdl93
01-08-2018, 09:02 PM
I’ve had UPS and Fed Ex delay deliveries of time sensitive materials for want of a signature, so I early on decided I would take my chances answering the door, rather than miss an important delivery.

I guess in my case, I figure that if you choose to knock on my door, I get to choose how I’m dressed when I answer it, within normal boundaries of decency, of course. And now, a few weeks later, I feel just that much more free.

Dana44
01-08-2018, 09:26 PM
It was right after Christmas and I was dressed in black leggings and a nice fem sweater with a bra on. a knock on the door. LOL there stood a young woman that had a couple package for me. She said they put mine in her box and she was looking for me. LOL She said these are for him. i said i am him. she look up and down at me and handed the packages to me. So I guess I am outed to a few people LOL

Diane Taylor
01-08-2018, 09:35 PM
The more people that know about you....the lighter your burden becomes.

Becky Blue
01-08-2018, 11:59 PM
Thats two less people that you ever have to tell.. have you considered inviting them over to share the wine?

Dana44
01-09-2018, 12:05 AM
LOL that sounds good, maybe I will invite her over for wine . Kim you out to do that also.

Beverley Sims
01-09-2018, 12:23 AM
With the speed of change in outlook and tolerance towards others maybe there is a lot less worry for us who hide.

kimdl93
01-09-2018, 12:53 AM
I’ve spoken to the neighbors since their unexpected gift delivery without saying more than thanks again. I’m happy just to have their tolerance.

jennifer0918
01-09-2018, 02:16 AM
With your permission I want to say you are a brave gal. Me? I would not have answered the door. Enjoy the wine,cheers.

kimdl93
01-09-2018, 02:36 AM
You may, but it would be an exaggeration at least. I didn’t expect anything really bad, and as it turned out I have felt better about myself and more firmly resolved to my live life on my terms.

suzanne
01-09-2018, 03:15 AM
As for me, I'm ready to be out to the whole world. I'm not hiding anymore, but I'm not advertising either, so for my wife's sake I try to be discreet around our neighborhood. My wife, however, lives in mortal fear of attracting attention, especially the negative kind she thinks I would attract. So I go out alone, and whoever sees me, sees me. Some of the neighbors have seen me and made no comment to my face, but have probably spread the word. I guess eventually my wife will hear something from the neighbors. She'll be intially upset, but hopefully realize that nothing bad is going to come from my public dressing.

Leslie Mary S
01-09-2018, 07:00 AM
I'm trying to work up the nerve to take my mile walk en-fem. But not the shoes I like too wear. I will have to wear some sneakers or flats. The road is not flat and is in need of repairs.
Presently few see me walk because I walk at night, in drab.

Mafalda
01-09-2018, 08:21 AM
Nice thread... I'm still asking myself since I read your post, if I would have done the same. At the moment, I feel good showing me as a crossdresser to people that I don't know. Sometimes I feel some desire to be acknowledged by other people that already know me as a male; I live in the same village where I was born, most of the people know me or at least know something about me. It happens to me to think that I would like to let them know my crossdressing, hoping that, since they know me as good person, public opinion on crossdressers may improve; or, at least, some people would understand what a crossdresser is. Or probably the reverse would happen and people would start to think I'm not a good person! :bonk:
Only dreams... At the moment I'm sure it would be a problem for my children at school. Doesn't mind; I feel good as I am and I'm not ashamed of being a crossdresser.
Nice choice, kimdl93, you were great :thumbsup:

Stephanie Julianna
01-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Kim, great thread. Like many, when I leave the house, I drive in and out of the garage and try to time it when my next door neighbors kids are at school or already home in the house. When I am coming up on my house I always hit the garage door openner so I don't have to sit in the driveway waiting. One day I did all that but as I approached and turned into the driveway there was my neighbors high school son playing basketball in the next driveway with a clear view of me coming up the drive. It's amazing how many thoughts go through your mind to make a split second decision. So I thought, he's a boy, not very detail oriented, my wife is blond also, I look nothing like my male self, so, Wave! I gave a girly wave and a big smile and pulled into the garage. Nothing ever came of it. I think in your case I'd offer to share the wine and ask them how they would like you to present for the occasion and you'd love to use the event to answer any questions they might have.

kimdl93
01-09-2018, 08:50 AM
I really have no idea if this minor incident had any positive influence on the neighbors. It does seem to have had a positive effect on my attitudes and emotions. One can speculate on why that might be so. It does seem that even modest steps out have an emotional benefit.

Glenda58
01-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Before I got remarried I would go out and get my mail dress in a short denim skirt and top . One day the mail wasn't there and I turn around to back to house and here comes the mail truck. So I waited for it and got the mail from the post lady. We talk a little before she was on her way. She still my mail lady.