PDA

View Full Version : A Christmas Gift

ToniG
12-25-2017, 02:07 AM
Hello , Ladies. Grandma Toni was out-and-about enfemme twice today(24th) On my journey to a church loc this am ,a place Id not been before. Got a "Good morning, Maam " right away that I consider a Christmas present of sorts. And no comments from anyone, or stares that I observed. Wore my Nice Red Blouse, Blk Sweater, Blk slacks (too cold for the skirt I was going to wear) and 2.5" wedge Dress sandals. Goldtone Jewelry. Blended right in with the other holiday wardrobes there. No problems. Long bus rides that are annoying, but no issues there either. Used flats for some of the walking. That first trip was 3.5 hrs. Not being one to waste makeup,or Red Gel Nail Sets-after pit-stop and eats , went out again. Switched to Animal Print Blouse, Blk sweater , Flat Sandals, Crossbody bag. Did not need other bag for shoe-changes. Went to the CROWDED Mall , and no issues. No one seemed to pay any attn. Just another old lady in the mall. So that's another "Gift" for the day. Only browsed in 2 stores-no SA encounters. The second trip was 1.5 hrs. So that's 5 hrs out enfemme as Toni, with no problems other than rocks in my flats from the "rough path" btw the apt and the bus. A CD ers Merry Christmas. Toni G..

bridget thronton
12-25-2017, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a great day

alwayshave
12-25-2017, 07:29 AM
Toni, sounds like a great outing. Merry Christmas.

Maria 60
12-25-2017, 07:48 AM
They say it's not how expensive a Christmas gift, and the best gifts are usally free. You just proved it. Merry Christmas!
You made my Christmas morning with a happy, positive story. Thanks for sharing.

dana 1
12-25-2017, 10:46 AM
I just moved to Mesa, are you aware of any support groups the area?

MindiB
12-25-2017, 10:59 AM
You rock Toni. Have a great Merry Christmas.

ToniG
12-25-2017, 12:29 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Proved I could still be somewhat passable at 63. Now. whether anyone had that "who was that visitor" discussion after I left, is unknown. The mall was packed and busy, so no one pays attn.. Did almost get clipped from behind by kid on one of those ride-on animal things! They should make them noisier!! "Good Morning Maam, the entrance is Here" sure made my Day. Will be looking for a new bag in 2018 that will look nice, but have room to carry the pairs of Shoes for changes. Carried my Crossbody bag,addl Hobo bag for Shoes, Gloves, and Scarf. And my Girly colored cane. A bit much, like the GGs do. So will work to improve that. Happy New Year. Toni G..

Dana44
12-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Toni, a great outing and Merry Christmas to you.

ToniG
12-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Thanks, Dana. Remembered that I needed to go to the ATM. (Remember To Forget was a song by Tiles) So put on a Maxi Dress, Sweater, Flats, and walked to the bank and back. That gives me about 7 hrs out and about enfemme for the two days. That's 3 outfits, some 3 pairs of Shoes. Bunch of diff jewelry pieces, multiple makeup redoos, diff sunglasses, one short-hair "grandma" wig. Still fun after all these years. Given the traffic, was "seen" by quite a few drivers today. Been trying these Neutrogena makeup remover towelettes (blue pkg) and they seem to work good. One of the best things I found is the "dipping jar" nail remover thing. Its a "Onyx Professional 100% Acetone Remover. Used it when I got home to soften the glue, to remove the Nail set. Wish I could leave them on forever!! Hands were Pretty!! Oh well... Toni G..

Karen RHT
12-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Thanks for sharing how us "old gals" can get around pretty good when we want to Toni. Keep going, keep enjoying.

Karen

kimdl93
12-26-2017, 08:55 AM
I can think of few more enjoyable ways to spend Christmas Eve than that! Thanks for sharing!

ToniG
12-27-2017, 01:11 AM
Thanks ! Was able to solve the two-bag problem today. Was in the GW store, and finally found a Black shoulder bag that is the size and config that I wanted. But short handles. So bought a small double-strap bag also. Switched the straps around- now have a Bag that's large enough for Pumps to fit in with the other stuff-and has 20" drop. Can be shoulder/crossbody. Now only need one bag. Easier! Happy New Year. Toni G..