PDA

View Full Version : A good outing this morning.

AlissaMurray
12-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Many of you know I am a third shifter. As such, I tend to sleep in the afternoons and be up at night. Last night there was no work but because I slept 5 hours yesterday and another 3 with my wife last night I was up at 2am. (normally lunch time).

I was sitting here in spandex and a short black skirt, girls t-shirt, 36 B bra and a nice hooded sweater and my best friend (whom I work with) starts chatting with me on FB Messenger. After a bunch of normal small talk he tells me about treats he brought home from his mothers house and invites me over at 3am for coffee n snacks while we watch GasMonkey reruns on Discovery. As my wife will sleep till 9 or 10 am why not.

Now he knows how I am, the guy is my best friend and he lives alone. So I put on a pair of sweats and my jacket and out into the snow I went. 20 minutes later I arrived at his house and went inside. I stood at the door and took my boots and jacket off, then just pulled off my sweats revealing the spandex and skirt, then turned around and looked at him with my silky t-shirt and boobs and said go ahead and make your comments... "About what?" he said, "I told you I could care less, we are brothers. Or your my sister sometimes, or whatever, point is I don't care how you dress you still you."

We sat in our recliners and watched TV and talked just as we always do. A few hours later I came back home.

For many of you this was nothing, just an outing as you do every day. But for me it was a big step, a real big step that went remarkably smooth.

Now today though is Family day which means we go and pick up my mother in law and take her to the kids house for dinner and gifts. Being as I don't feel up having a cross dressing discussion with my mother in law I will be cleaning this beautiful red nail polish off in a few minutes...:sad:

Oh well, I can always repaint tomorrow right?

Have a Merry Christmas my friends!

Maria 60
12-25-2017, 08:58 AM
I love the "your still you" comment, that a real friend there. I myself have a few long time friends who have come out to be gay and it didn't change a thing. Just as your friend said to you I said to them. That must be amazing to hang out with a friend and just be comfortable as yourself.

Pat
12-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing. And it WAS a big step - congratulations! Don't underplay it. Now you're not only out to someone, you can probably rely on that acceptance in the future. That's huge for anyone.

kimdl93
12-25-2017, 09:21 AM
Good to have genuine friends!

CarlaWestin
12-25-2017, 09:30 AM
For many of you this was nothing, just an outing as you do every day. But for me it was a big step, a real big step that went remarkably smooth.

Oh no. That is really something!

bridget thronton
12-25-2017, 09:32 AM
Good friend indeed

FrannGurl
12-25-2017, 09:40 AM
That's a real friend who accepts you for who you are...Huge in my book!
I have several woman friends who accept me, but the few male friends that I have
don't acknowledge my female side.

MindiB
12-25-2017, 11:33 AM
What a awesome feeling and a great friend.

chelyann
12-25-2017, 02:22 PM
way to go :)
great way to end the year

Rowan Ailbhe
12-25-2017, 02:35 PM
I am coming out, more and more...although I have a roadmap I thought up, sometimes I will come up against an occurrance that causes me to out myself to someone I had not intended to yet...I post alot of trans related support items on Lloyd's fb page (eventually...I will have beaten them all over the head enough and they will get it. lol) and one guy who worked for me years ago made the tired old argument about two genders...whereupon he was torn apart by the pack of wild dogs...the people who apready know Rowan...and one other of my Navy buddies who is pretty enlightened...So I messaged him and outed myself...then the other guy in our trianlge friendship....Both of them said about the same thing, "Jeez, and I thought you were tough and brave before..no worries...I'll still road trip to hide a body for you. (combat buddies to the end....I'm not crying...you are...)
Then the first guy messaged me to apologize....saying he felt attacked....I told him he was not being attacked, that those people were only defending me...and explained why...(I love seeing the light come on) So now he is in my corner. Combat buddies... as a young Chief I helped stop his wife from committing suicide.

Most folks these days are either aware, and just want their space from the trans phenomenon...for lack of a better term...or they are aware and willing to support us, although they may need some education....The haters do not matter, and we can shed them like the tatters of a spent chrysalis..and find our own tribes.

Wonderful day for you...don't pet go of that courage, expand your horizons and be your authentic self.

Terri_Cross
12-25-2017, 04:47 PM
That is absolutely AWESOME! Thank you for sharing.

Dana44
12-25-2017, 06:19 PM
That was very nice Alissa, A nice friend indeed.

BLUE ORCHID
12-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Hi Alissa :hugs:, That is what you call a REAL friend.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

SaraLin
12-26-2017, 07:18 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! But I do have one thought that concerns me a bit...

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but how does your wife feel about this? I can see where this could be a problem for her - her husband dressing up like a woman and going to meet a man in the middle of the night. It could come off sounding a little - um- suspicious to her. And if you do it without telling her and she finds out - fireworks!

I seem to be seeing the (possible) negative side of things today - sorry about that..
SaraLin

LaurenS
12-26-2017, 07:35 AM
The haters do not matter, and we can shed them like the tatters of a spent chrysalis..and find our own tribe.

Wow, great quote!

AlissaMurray
12-26-2017, 07:44 AM
My wife likes sleep. I was back home by 7 and she did not get up till about 10. She is cool with it, really she is. She knows I love her and she knows I am straight. It does have a bad ring to it when you say it like that though. But it's all good. I told her I went over there when she got up and she was fine.