PDA

View Full Version : Best Christmas in a Long Time - Wife Related

Jenn_8B
12-25-2017, 10:34 AM
A little back story first. My wife is very understanding; however, she is hesitant with my dressing. So knows I dress and even helps me buy things. She knows it makes me happy, so I think she tolerates the dressing. The closest she has come to actually buying me something was ordering me a dress that I put on a list of items I wanted for my birthday a few months ago. She has never bought me anything on her own.............................until now.

Last night (Christmas eve) after we were done with all the family obligations and I was relaxing at home, she casually mentions she has a present for me in our room. I was tired and not really wanting to get up and go into our room. (Side note: We usually don't open or exchange any gifts until Christmas day, so I thought it would be something small.) After about 20 minutes, I said I was tired and lets go into our room. When I got in there she had two packages for me. I had dropped some hints that I wanted some yoga pants and a matching top w/sports bra. I had also dropped hints that I wanted a certain style of necklace. I opened the smaller package and it had several items in it including the necklace. I'll get to the other items in a minute. The second package contained the yoga pants and top that I had mentioned.

Now to the best part of my story, there were two sets of yoga pants and tops. One set in my size and one set in her size. I really like it when we can wear matching outfits. Back to the first package. I opened it up and there was a necklace and several pairs of clip on earrings. While I have desperately wanted some earrings, I have never told her that. There was also a beautiful grey scarf in the package; again, I've never said anything about a scarf.

When I was done opening the packages, I was speechless. I couldn't believe that she had actually bought several items I had hinted about and was extremely surprised she bought me other things. She has come a long way in her understanding and I couldn't ask for a more perfect wife.

kimdl93
12-25-2017, 10:46 AM
What a lovely story! Its nice to know that acceptance and support exist and can grow.

Laura912
12-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Miracles do happen, even though small ones...but big for both of you.

MindiB
12-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Well if that's not a big Merry Christmas from your wife i don't no what will. Have a great rest of the Holidays Jen. That was a great story.

Sami Brown
12-25-2017, 10:55 PM
This sounds like a perfect Christmas story. Thanks for sharing it, and I hope both you and your wife have a wonderful new year!

Sami

giuseppina
12-25-2017, 11:22 PM
It isn't the gifts themselves but the thoughts behind them that mean the most.

Megan b
12-25-2017, 11:35 PM
That's so cool, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

jennifer0918
12-26-2017, 12:41 AM
Great story Merry Christmas

DaisyLawrence
12-26-2017, 03:11 AM
Ahh what a lovely story. Warms the heart it does. I have a similar wife and am happy that I share your joy in similar ways. Bet you're looking forward to your birthday now!

Daisy x

Jacqueline1965
12-26-2017, 03:21 AM
Great story! Having an understanding spouse is the best!

BrendaPDX
12-26-2017, 03:57 AM
Hi Jenn, I will admit that I am envious of your relationship of you and your wife/SO, that said: I am soooo,, happy for you two! Merry Christmas! God bless:) Brenda

Maria 60
12-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Isn't it great when they surprise you, I now expect something because she has been getting Maria something for the last few years. The first time was amazing and most of all because it was unexpected.
When they do it on there own it feels so great

Karen RHT
12-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Great story Jenn, thanks for sharing. Kudos to your wife for making an effort to adjust. All the best to you both in the coming year.

Karen

Traci H
12-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Jenn, I love to read these posts, it keeps me ever hopeful about possible acceptance at some point in the future. I hope you continue to have a blessed and merry Christmas season.

Rhonda Darling
12-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Congratulations on an amazing Christmas story. You are one lucky woman. Reading about it made me happier than watching "Polar Express", and I cry with joy watching that.

Best,
Rhonda

bridget thronton
12-26-2017, 10:58 AM
You have an amazing wife

S. Lisa Smith
12-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Wonderful!!!! I hope you do wonderful things for your wife!!!

lingerieLiz
12-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Great story

Jenn_8B
12-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I am truly blessed with my wife and by those of you on here.

Yesterday, after reading the first several replies I was actually a little depressed and crying. I know there are many on this board who are in DADT relationships, their SO isn't as accepting as mine, or whatever their relationship issues are. I wish only for the best for everyone on this site.

taracd25
12-27-2017, 10:13 AM
I have been debating on bringing it up to my wife again, kinda hinted at it before and she was not into the idea. That was a few years ago, so not sure if her thoughts had changed much on the subject or not. I do envy those of you that have that in a relationship though!

cdsamswife
12-27-2017, 01:06 PM
So happy that you appreciate your wife for her thoughtfulness. Thank you for sharing with us. You and your wife are both very lucky :) Because of your story.. i went and bought matching panties and a warm winter jacket for my husband and I last night for boxing day too... hope he appreciates it as much as you do. All the best!

Teri Ray
12-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Great story Jenn seems like you guys are doing well. Keep up your dialog with your wife and always keep her first in your heart.