PDA

View Full Version : It's a small world

MysteryWoman
12-30-2017, 10:35 AM
A few years ago I purchased a black and white, tie-wrap dress from JC Penney that made me look great. With a long line bra underneath, I had a terrific figure in it. Within weeks of buying it, my wife and I (in drab) went to a large family celebration. In walked a gorgeous, busty GG I didn't know, wearing the same dress!

I wanted badly to tell her that we had something in common, and that she looked even better than me in it. I also wanted to ask her whether she was wearing just a regular bra under it, or something more substantial that gave her the hourglass figure she was displaying. But of course, I couldn't.

More recently, I bought a black, multi-tiered chiffon cocktail dress that also looked terrific on me. (Fashion hint: multiple tiers are great for disguising any figure flaws and providing a natural feminine shape). We then attended a wedding reception at which a beautiful young GG had the dress on. I knew it was the same one, because it had a very distinctive row of fake jewels on each shoulder strap. In this case, I wanted to tell her not only that we shared the same taste, but that she should have been wearing it with black nylons, as I do, rather than bare-legged. But I had a good evening vicariously enjoying being out in the dress by watching her on the dance floor.

As I thought back on these events, I realized a couple of things that were gratifying to me: 1. Two sexy, gorgeous GGs had exactly the same taste in dresses as I do; and 2. In both cases, the red-blooded males present were discreetly ogling the GGs, confirming that the dresses were, indeed, sexy. The latter reminded me that my wife frequently tells me that she gets more compliments (from both men and women) on clothing I have bought her than on clothing she's bought for herself.

Perhaps I can have a second career as a fashion consultant.

kimdl93
12-30-2017, 10:49 AM
It’s reassuring when GGs confirming your fashion choices....especially your wife!

MindiB
12-30-2017, 10:58 AM
That is a awesome feeling. I some times help my room mate on her choices and get complements every time.

Helen_Highwater
12-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Perhaps we make better choices as we're more observant of what works on a GG that perhaps the GG's themselves. I think this is because often they're buying what's in fashion as opposed to what's best for their shape/size. As an example, we've all seen GG's for whom legging are just the worst fashion faux pas. But when they look in the mirror, they must see something different to what the world sees.

Stephanie47
12-30-2017, 12:36 PM
The problem with looking in a mirror is the mirror shows what the mind's eye wants to see. I have found that out when I compare my image in the mirror with a picture. It's even evident in male mode. Of course, the viewer is going to assess whoever he or she is looking at based on personal choices. Except for the fact there were men showing their approval of the women wearing the same dresses you have, it would have been possible both of you have bad fashion sense. Cross dressers may be more observant than women when it comes to fashion sense. We may be more interested in what women wear in general because that's our 'thing.' That does not confer anything. Personal bias comes into play all the time. I see many women who I believe look terrible, but, she thinks she looks great and if she is hanging on a man's arm. who else matters????

Devi SM
12-30-2017, 01:16 PM
I agree with both Stephanie and mystery woman, even some dispair, we crossdressers develop a more accurate sense if fashion just for practice.
We're what our thoughts are. In other words brain is plastic and is learning all the time, so practice, but taste for dressing is something personal. You see all the time new fashions that at the beginning could look ugly but with the time we get accostumed to it and our brain accepts it. As an example, I remember when the low rise jeans appear, i didn't like them because on some women the extra weight pushed out if the jean but in other gurls it was very sexy, now I love I love them. In these days the very high rise jeans are coming back and they look weird at the beginning but soon the brain get used too.
In my experience with wife, for some stupid religious beliefs, she didn't wear make up but after see me, at the beginning, she confirmed her refuse to wear it. It's been a year and my make up improves, now I'm the one that make her make up...

NancySue
12-30-2017, 01:22 PM
I’ve had the same experiences. At a Holiday party a friend of my wife was wearing the same dress I had. My wife recognized it immediately, as did I. She told her friend how nice she looked. She thanked her and told her she got it at Talbots...as did I. I, too try to imagine what they’re wearing underneath...underwire bra, pantyhose, thigh highs, etc. She wore nude hose (surprised she wore any), my wife and I agreed Off Black looked so much better. My wife likes Talbots too and asks me to go through their catalog and show her things I think would look good on her. She oft agrees.

Cynthia T
01-04-2018, 12:20 PM
Ha. Years ago I was on Bourbon street, and there was a young woman dancing in front of one of the clubs, wearing a pair of white heels. I so wanted to whisper to her that I liked her shoes, I had a pair just like them--but I didn't want to interrupt her act.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2018, 09:03 AM
I have had that experience a few times now, tops, skirts and dresses.

Even been caught in a similar situation one Christmas party, we both had Minnie mouse tops.

We both got lots of comments.

Kayliedaskope
01-10-2018, 05:20 PM
But when they look in the mirror, they must see something different to what the world sees.

This is assuming they have a mirror in the first place ....

I used to work at Walmart - those fashion disasters you see on the internet are NOT posed pranks.