PDA

View Full Version : Shaving of the face!

Kathrynn
03-13-2006, 05:35 PM
HI girls! do any of you use any kind of hair remover on your face? I don't have any problem with the rest of my body removing hair. As far as i am concerned, no hair the better. The main problem is the mustache area i just cannot seem to get it close enough without bleeding!!!
Any suggestions?
Love to all
Kathrynn

JiveTurkeyOnRye
03-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Be very careful with any sort of hair removal products on the face, the skin is so much more sensitive.

I've heard good things about those new Gilette fusion razors with the trimmer blade designed for hard to reach areas like around the nose. And there's always upper-lip wax, though... damn does it hurt.

joanlynn28
03-14-2006, 12:22 AM
HI girls! do any of you use any kind of hair remover on your face? I don't have any problem with the rest of my body removing hair. As far as i am concerned, no hair the better. The main problem is the mustache area i just cannot seem to get it close enough without bleeding!!!
Any suggestions?
Love to all
KathrynnFrom what I have read dilapadary creams do not work well on facial hair. What I found in the "World's Best Crossdressing Guide" is to first shave with downward strokes, than lather up again and shave against the grain of the beard, than third apply a moisturizer cream than again shave against the beard, followed by a final application of moisturzing cream. You will end up with the closest shave you have ever have in your life short of an old fashoined single razor shave at the barbershop.

HaleyPink2000
03-14-2006, 07:40 AM
Never use those on your body! I had a time I did that on my arms. Never again. Had to go to see a skin Doctor and everything because of Nair.
Never never never!

folliculitis

http://dermnetnz.org/acne/folliculitis.html

Phyliss
03-14-2006, 07:57 AM
From what joanlynn28 says, it works pretty good. I can get a nice close shave in the morning using a new blade and some gel type shaving cream. The problem is around late afternoon when I can begin to feel stubble.
I've found that by using a good exfoliant and scrubbing well, then shaving, and finally putting on a moisturizing cream it seems to be much smoother well into the evening.

I guess what happens is, by scrubbing off the excess dead skin cells then shaving as close as possible, without making a bloody mess, and then putting on the moistureizer the skin then absorbs it and swells up from the new moisture causing the stubbles to be somewhat covered.

Hope I made my theory clear. Any how, it seems to work for me.

teegan685
03-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I would have to agree with Joanlynn28. The way she tells how to shave along with the moisturizer is the best. You can never have too much of any of the oil of olay products. Just went thru that system this AM before work. ill have to do it one more time this PM. Kris