PDA

View Full Version : Cold-weather Crossdressing

wearingtanpantyhose
01-02-2018, 09:41 AM
The midwest is experiencing horribly cold temperatures. I'm used to working from home wearing my usual "uniform" consisting of sheer pantyhose and a fairly short skirt, but the house is really cold. I went searching though a couple boxes of clothes and found my brown flannel jumper and a white turtleneck sweater. It's been years since I've worn those things. I paired the jumper and sweater with black, super opaque tights and maroon pumps. I often don't bother with a bra when I alone at home, but I thought the outfit needed a little shape on top so on it went as well my enhancers. A full slip is adding a little extra warmth (and some pretty lace). I feel so feminine (and warm!) I think I'm even going to put on some jewelry, makeup and a wig, again something I rarely do when I'm working at home by myself. I could have used a little help zipping up my jumper, but I managed to get the job done.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized I'm wearing the same sweater as in my profile photo!

Jaylyn
01-02-2018, 10:11 AM
As cold as its been its certainly not going to be a mini skirt for me. I'm layered up in nylon with flannel on top to just go get more fire wood. It's been unusually cold here. No heels on the ice we've had. I've even noticed the women around here have been wearing the same clothes as the men in this cold spell.

Tracy Irving
01-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Break out the bikini, it might approach 30 degrees by Sunday in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately, I will be in metro Los Angeles where every day is forecast in the low 70's.

RADER
01-02-2018, 12:09 PM
-6 Degrees this AM in Northern Illinois. Way to cold for a skirt out side more
than a minuet. I hate to say this, but my Fem Jeans are the order for the day.
Rader

GracieRose
01-02-2018, 12:27 PM
-8 here when I got up this morning.
Fem jeans and a turtleneck sweater here.

Dana44
01-02-2018, 12:43 PM
It is cold in central Texas and is snowing. Flannel shirt and jeans on.

Rayleen
01-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Sure is cold here too, I have several blankets at night, and winter leggings in the mornings.

docrobbysherry
01-02-2018, 01:22 PM
OMG! It's either too warm or too cold to dress!:doh:

If you're a closet CD, wear whatever u like whenever u like. So, in the summer what if u put on fancy gown and u perspire? That's why they invented washing machines and showers!:battingeyelashes:
In the winter, even if u live in a log cabin, throw some wood in the fireplace and wear your bikini! :heehee:
That's the fun and freedom of dressing in private. There really r NO LIMITS!:D

Going out dressed is a completely different matter, of course!:straightface:

Fiona123
01-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I have a therapy appointment tomorrow. I'm in Minnesota, it's bitter cold. Too cold to wear a skirt in my opinion. I'll try to under dress with a bra and panties if I can.

Sissy_Michelle
01-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Wearingtanpantyhose,

Winter is the time of year where I don’t have to worry very much about wearing a bra. With all the layers of clothes even when I am working inside, no one will notice. Since i mostly underdress at work (just bra, panties, and sometimes stockings) I just have to be careful of the touchy-feely people. Those that like to put their hand on my shoulder or give hugs. When I am wearing a sweater I don’t have a problem with that, but most of the time I don’t wear a sweater.

However, if you work from home you shouldn’t have the fears that most under dressers have when they are out at the job site. Unless you’re in a “DADT” relationship? Then I would suggest wearing something that is easy to get in and out of.

@—}——-
Michelle

Monique65
01-02-2018, 03:55 PM
I've been underdressing in bra and panties much more frequently since it has gotten cold enough to wear sweats around the house.

Traci H
01-02-2018, 04:39 PM
I succumbed to practicality the other day when I had to go out for a bit. These sub-zero temps are just downright awful. I first put on my leggings under my fem jeans, but the tightness of the fabric seemed to leave my legs kind of cold yet. So I dug out my male long underwear and put them on Yuck! But the looseness of the legs did seem to provide more warmth, perhaps trapping air and creating a micro environment. I so wanted to wear my floral leggings, but also wanted to be warm as possible with the wind chill so low.

Fortunately, still had my fem jeans, std panties and women's tee shirt in the mix, so just went with that. I'll be very happy to see the 20's again!

Wendy me
01-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Tight legens long sleeve tee under long
Tight sweater black fur top boots sunglasses
Hair fluffed pocket book and leather gloves

That’s how I did my things today 4* out

LindaC
01-02-2018, 05:29 PM
-13 in Fort Wayne this morning. I'm underdressing, pantyhose and leggings, just to stay warm.

Glenda58
01-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Sweater dress with black tights brown mid high boots. Have 2 sweater dresses plus 2 midi skirts with black heel boots and sweaters in different colors for winter here in Detroit.

Sometimes Steffi
01-02-2018, 10:07 PM
It's unusually cold here in the DC Metro area also.

The best solution I've found is fleeced (footless) tights under slacks or pants. I can't find mine at home, so I went to get some new ones. Wouldn't you know, it looks like they're last winter's style.

ToniG
01-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Enjoying fair weather here. Did stroll to the bank and back enfemme yesterday. Choc Brn Tunic over Gray slacks. Didn't even hafta wear a sweater! Will tolerate some tripile-didgits on occasion, but don't have to see that white stuff or freezing temps. As for at-home wardrobe, can dress as I please-or not-and don't have to layer-up except for outside in the evening. Enjoy those snowy places... Toni G..

lingerieLiz
01-02-2018, 10:34 PM
I lived up in the cold belt when I was young. In those days girls wore dresses and in winter often skirts. On many an occasion I went out wearing skirt, sweater and nylons. walking on ice in heels is challenging by the way. You walk on your toes. Thank goodness for long coats. At that time skirts/dresses hit just below the knee or above it.

One night in a 60s snow storm, I was driving home late fully dressed. I had to stop along the highway to free my wiper. As I was about to get back in my car a state trooper pulled along side to make sure I was OK. My dress was blowing in the wind. I got back in and signaled I was OK. He smiled and waved, I pulled out and he followed me until I got up to speed. Very relieved he didn't ask for ID back then.

Janine cd
01-02-2018, 10:47 PM
I,ve gotten used to wearing flannel lined jeans and a heavy sweater over panties, bra and heavy black tights. There seems to be no and to this cold spell. I,M looking for a pair of knee high boots to keep my legs from freezing.

Nikki A.
01-03-2018, 12:01 AM
Been so cold here in Pa, been wearing tights under my pants to work. At home I've been too cold to dress.

Rollermiss
01-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Here in KS, forecast for 36deg. So wearing Leg warmers, & long sleeve body suit under my work cloths.

Kelsey

Renee
01-03-2018, 12:58 PM
I underdressed 24/7. Since my job has me going inside and outside throughout the day I where fleece-lined leggings camisole and ladies turtleneck sweater under my work clothes. Has worked well with the sub zero wind chills of the past week or so.
Renee

Gillian Gigs
01-03-2018, 01:53 PM
Living in the great white north, aka Canada, I have taken courses on winter camping and outdoor survival before doing going out and doing it. One of the things learned is how to layer your clothing. The first layer is nylon, yes you got it, nylon, followed by a layer of cotton, or wool. The reason for the nylon is to wick moisture away from the skin into the second layer. This helps you to stay warm. So wear your pantihose/ tights, nylon undies and cami's, it's the best thing to wear. But don't forget to add the layers.

The weather here has been day time highs of minus 25 C or minus 13 F, and I have been wearing tights under my jeans to stay warm...skirts are just too cold!

Pantiesnhose
01-03-2018, 02:18 PM
Being in Minnesota it has been bitterly cold here as well. I wear pantyhose or tight everyday under my work cloths and no one knows the difference. The pantyhose and tight do help with keeping me warm with wind chills well below zero. I also wear panties under the tights and hose.

Richelle423
01-03-2018, 02:48 PM
I've been wearing fleece lined leggings under my fem jeans with cozy socks. Danskin long sleeve shirt with cheap nock off ugg boots from Wal-Mart But they are so comfy. I just bought a sweat shirt by RBX from BJ's seems to work well so far.

karrin
01-03-2018, 03:05 PM
In the teens here on LI, brought out the tights that my daughter gave me for
xmas, what an education I got! they were impossible to get on:brolleyes:
finally gave up, or I was doing something very wrong. I think pantyhose is much easier to put on, I
believe they look nicer too. be safe. Karrin

SarahMarie
01-03-2018, 05:46 PM
I love dressing in the cold weather I like the outfit choices and have the layers on produces a better look for me.

It has been below freezing here in Texas the last few days. That is cold cold for use. Well luck would have it that a pipe to the washing machine in the garage broke and became evident this morning as the temperature started to rise. Not even thinking about about it I raced out side to the water meter to cut off the water and then quickly headed to Home Depot to get something to repair the break. It was only as I started to walk out of the door of Home Depot when the clerk said "Thank you mam, come again" that I realized what I was wearing. 90% Dressed no wig or makeup. Wearing a Gray Sweeter Dress with skinny jeans knee high tan riding boots with a one inch hell, earrings, necklace, and bracelet. After I left I thought what the heck. I guess that truly goes to show we worry more than we need to. Now building on that I hope I can force my self to go out more often as Sarah. The must up until today has been through the drive through to get super.

cdsamswife
01-03-2018, 07:38 PM
My husband loves dressing during the winter weather holidays too.... being able to wear hats is a big bonus cuz it really makes his face even without makeup way more feminine (with his wig) .... wish this weather would keep up longer.... then we both dont have to keep out legs shaved and just pull on a pair of thigh high boots :) Hope everyone here stays nice and warm and pretty :)

annecwesley
01-04-2018, 05:28 AM
Out for my morning walk yesterday, it had warmed up to 4 degrees! I wore pantyhose and two slips under a calf length wool kilted skirt with heavy wool knee socks. I was never cold, as the skirt traps warm air and my skin has less direct contact with tightly stretched fabric (like one's thighs in a pair of jeans do). I think I can keep warmer and far more comfortable in a long wool skirt than in trousers of any sort. The coldest I've been out in skirted was -9. I wore a fluffy petticoat for extra insulation.

Megan Nicole
01-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Not much more I can add to this thread. I too love the cold winter months because it gives me so much more freedom to dress in a variety of wonderful clothing. Last year, December was winter-like, but after January we had mostly above normal temps and almost no snow. Many praised the mild winter, but it did take away from my dressing enjoyment. So....bring it old man winter! -Meg

BrendaPDX
01-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Not so bad here, 40 to 50 and raining. Hip and but padding, midrise boot cut jeans, bra, forms, sweater, running shoes, wig and makeup. Might try a mid to long denim skirt, but I would stand out. Hardly any women wear skirts let alone dresses around here anymore:sad: I feel for you all in the clod areas, keep the fires burning, and the water dripping. Stay safe, Brenda

Sissy_Jessica
01-06-2018, 04:39 PM
It is cold here in GA. I have been wearing fleece leggings under my male jeans as well as a cami and a ladies tank top under my male long sleeve shirt and my short sleeve shirt and a jacket. I wish I could wear my fem clothes out and about as well. What have you been wearing this winter?

Georgette_USA
01-07-2018, 04:16 AM
I just had to comment on this.

A group of us were celebrating some birthdays on Friday. The weather was in the teens and wind chill even lower and had some scattered snow on the ground.

I was chatting with a friend and remarked that it was amazing how many of the CDs were still in there short skirts and hose and heels. Even one friend that doesn't even wear hose anymore.
THAT is dedication to CD whenever possible.

Babbs
01-07-2018, 09:08 AM
In some respects cold weather dressing is better. for those of us who don't shave our legs, the dressing options are greater in the winter.

Danielle_cder
01-07-2018, 09:17 AM
I love love love fall winter early spring cross dressing! I get to ski as Danielle! Full padding (big hips!) big forms it’s so exciting no one has ever said a thing. I implore any and everyone to try skiing just because it’s a blast, but not only to ski but the fact that you can dress up and no one even bats an eye.... I’m planning on getting some new/used snow gear want to get a women’s one piece think it would be fun.

julia marie
01-07-2018, 07:41 PM
I can attest to the fact that wearing a skirt, even with tights and tall boots, in sub-zero weather (plus wind) results in very cold knees.

Denise S
01-07-2018, 10:58 PM
The good thing about the cold weather is wearing pantyhose leggings and women’s long underwear cuddle duds, top and bottoms under my work uniform

Dana44
01-07-2018, 11:47 PM
It was cold here last week. I was in fleece leggings and a nice sweater.

Karmen
01-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Even I like summer clothes and sandals very much, I think cold weather is good for crossdressing, especially if you don't have particularly feminine figure. I go out in public during the day much often in colder months than in the summer, because it's easier to blend in when you're wearing more clothes and thicker fabrics.
Even in the winter, I can still wear skirt and 60 or 80 DEN pantyhose and I'm not freezing because of that. There is not really necessary to wear pants in cold weather.

Krisi
01-08-2018, 10:45 AM
You won't see a lot of GGs walking around in sub freezing temperatures wearing miniskirts and high heels. Dress like the GGs and you'll be fine. It will get warmer in a couple of months.

Cold weather is better for crossdressers because we can cover more of our bodies with clothing and not look out of place.

Beverley Sims
01-08-2018, 11:27 AM
I miss my Hawaii uniform of tropical dress or shorts.

Today it's 20 denier time, jeans sweater and long coat.

The beanie is long sided to keep the ears warm and any loose hair from gathering icicles.

Krea
01-10-2018, 11:47 AM
I am not out to the public, but love underdressing, so the colder weather is perfect for me as you can get away with wearing so many more lovely feminine things under thicker outer layers.
I can wear tights/leggings under my jeans every day and a silky cami-vest or racerback tank-top under my top. I was a bit worried that the strap lines of the tops might still show thru, but my wife checked me out to make sure that they were not visible thru the outer layers. :thumbsup:

Sadly when the warmer weather returns it will be all-but close-season for under-dressing. :sad:

ellbee
01-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Yeah, the brutally-cold weather the past couple weeks definitely put a crimp in my style, too. :(

Best I could muster while out & about (in guy-mode), was wearing work-out leggings under my guy-pants.

Also, my (practical, not sexy :heehee: ) women's snow-boots came in handy a few times so far. I don't own a men's pair, so it was kind of a must.

Pretty much dressing only indoors, for me.

MorganStar
01-15-2018, 07:00 PM
I picked up a nice navy blue P-coat....mm very warm with gray knit leggins and ankle high boots..A satin cami under a turtle neck sweater skirt...cozy

Victoria92116
01-15-2018, 08:57 PM
I went out in public for the first time last week, and absolutely forget that I don't have any feminine jackets. Luckily it wasn't raining for once in Seattle that night, but definitely a lesson learned for winter dressing in Seattle. Guess it's time to go shopping for a nice jacket.

MarinaTwelve200
01-18-2018, 09:10 PM
I Finally got a chance today, but the temperature was so cold, I decided to wear my normal guy clothes----It was warm in the house, but not warm enough to be comfortable---So I had to give up. My legs get cold and then start to cramp. Tights do not help. DRAT!

Kyle20
01-19-2018, 05:22 PM
25 degrees this morning black leggings with sweater dress

Randi49
01-20-2018, 08:22 AM
I work in an open plant. It has been in single digits. All winter I underdress in fleece leggings. My uniform is quite thick so things don't show much, plus I wear winter coat. Icould wear my breast forms and not be noticed. Cold weather is,actually good me.

Stephanie47
01-20-2018, 09:32 PM
i have to agree with Sherry (#8, above). Although it does not get blistering cold in western Washington it can get chilly in the house. We just crank up the thermostat. I thin one of the reasons the goddesses created sweater dresses is cool or cold weather. I have a nice selection of sweater dresses to keep me warm especially for evening strolls in the fall and winter. With cars that can be started with the press of a button and warmed up I would think evening drives would still be in order as long as the car is in working order and the road conditions are good. In the days of old when women wore dresses/skirts and hosiery/heels to work my wife complained bitterly about the cold while waiting for the elevated train in Queens. That was the dress code for professionals back then.

jasminemaine
01-24-2018, 12:32 PM
As a crossdresser that doesn't like pants all that much, I have to say that good fleece or cable knit tights are a must.