PDA

View Full Version : Not as far as many of you, but something to me

Robin-in-TX
01-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Ladies, I have dressed all my life in secret. I have underdressed constantly for the last 4 years. But, until last weekend had never gone out outwardly dressed. This past weekend, I went shopping dressed in women's khakis, top, bra, camisole and panties (as usual). I was wearing a coat. No one at all noticed that I was wearing women's pants. Now, I know that this is no big deal to most, but it was to me. I am incredibly shy and to go out was a big step. I'm glad that for a brief period I was out of the house and, what I consider, myself. I admire all of you who are able to completely be yourself outside of your homes. I'm not there yet, but I hope to be someday.

Dana44
01-03-2018, 11:32 PM
Very nice Brookes. a nice start and it will be easier for you.

Devi SM
01-03-2018, 11:40 PM
Well done Brokes. Nobody can pretend be the other. We all are different. Some more brave than others but it doesn't mean that the less braves are cowards. Cowards are the one that never are they and live life of others.
Just keep being you, in secret, a little bit out, it's ok. Baby steps they say but you did yours first...\
keep us posted, please...

Jodie_Lynn
01-04-2018, 12:10 AM
Congratulations!

To paraphrase Neil Armstrong:
"That's one small step for CD/TG's, one GIANT step for Brookes4242!"

Tracii G
01-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Congrats the next time will be easier.
At least you now know you can do it.

MindiB
01-04-2018, 12:17 AM
That's awesome Brookes. Just stay with your pace and have fun.

Leslie Mary S
01-04-2018, 12:26 AM
Congrads Brookes, take your time. Self confidence will come.

docrobbysherry
01-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Brookes, going out dressed isn't for all T's. I've been out countless times over the past 8 years. But, I'm only comfortable when I'm at trans friendly venues with other trans.
Im dislike being out at vanilla venues. And, I would never consider doing what u just did! Go out shopping alone dressed!:doh:

Every dresser should try going out dressed. Some will come to enjoy the experience. But, others like me never will!
And, that's the joy of living in a free country. No one can make u go out dressed if u don't wish to. And, you're not breaking any laws if u dress however u like in private or decently in public!:thumbsup:

Leslie Mary S
01-04-2018, 02:36 AM
I one tried shopping alone in a Walmart. Then another time in a Staples know the DRAB me.
At the time of the first going shopping dressed and alone, I didn't know how much of a dangerous thing it was to do that in KKK rich community I WAS living in.

I don't live there anymore.
All you big city CDers are lucky to not live in a small community in the south.

Aunty_Hazel
01-04-2018, 02:55 AM
Well done Brookes!
Don't be so modest about what you achieved. Everyone who goes out must have had a first time.

Helen_Highwater
01-04-2018, 05:18 AM
Well done, I think many of us will remember the interpretation we felt, the butterfly stomach of our early outings.

It does get easier, the enjoyment level grows. Just take it in small steps and keep us posted.

Lacey New
01-04-2018, 06:02 AM
Brooke,
I admire your courage. Also glad things went well for you. I am still behind you in that kind of adventure. The most I have ever done is to go out underdressed in lingerie. And I have only worn a bra in cold weather when I can wear a coat.

Rayleen
01-04-2018, 06:07 AM
Happy for you Brookes, glad you had a wonderful experience, not all of us are there yet !!!

Emma S
01-04-2018, 10:29 AM
You're miles ahead of me! Just the other day I was looking at makeup in Target and I felt like the entire world was right behind me and staring wondering, what the heck is that guy doing in the makeup department? I lost my nerve and kept going. Good for you for reaching that level!

~Joanne~
01-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Everyone here, no matter who they are, where they fit in the spectrum, started some where. While it might not be a "big deal" to them now, it was at some point. I am glad you got to have the experience, now it will become a bit easier, pushing it a bit more, then you will be where they are now. Nothing wrong with that ;)

Fiona123
01-05-2018, 06:01 AM
Well done Brooke. I had my first time out in 2017. Its frightening and thrilling at the same time. I hope your brave effort leads to more happy advenures.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Brooke,
You have made a good start, now advance to makeup and a wig.

Then you know you have arrived.

S. Lisa Smith
01-05-2018, 06:57 AM
That is a wonderful first step. Do what is comfortable for you, but press the envelope. You will progress and I hope you have fun with it!!!

kimdl93
01-05-2018, 05:25 PM
I’m glad you enjoyed your experiences thus far. Remember, this isn’t a competition and you set
your own course and pace.

DIANEF
01-05-2018, 05:51 PM
As others have said, you've taken the first step. You'll know when it is the right time for the next one.

Sarah Doepner
01-05-2018, 06:16 PM
Congratulations to you, because it sounds like this was something you have been wanting to do and it came off splendidly!

I can't count the times I stalled with my hand on the doorknob, only to turn around and stay inside. My first steps were in the middle of the night over 20 years ago and full of fear and anxiety. I still balk from time to time, but those first experiences were critical to my understanding of how committed I was to finding out who I really am.

Set your own comfort levels because, I can say with confidence that we all move at our own best pace.

ToniG
01-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Congrats on your first outing. Take easy steps. All of our situations are different. Confidence comes with time. And nowadays-folks are so engrossed in their phones that they pay no attn. anyway. Toni G..

Rebecca W.
01-06-2018, 09:49 AM
Hi Brookes,

You have taken a very important step in going out in public wearing feminine clothing. I have taken a few shopping trips in feminine pants, and shoes, and I was not really noticed by many. The women in the stores were somewhat understanding to my clothing choices, and were very polite. We all have our comfort levels with our personal safety always on the alert to the non accepting people. I wish you all the best in your ability to go out dressed more often as a woman.

Rebecca

Leslie Mary S
01-06-2018, 05:46 PM
People will start noticing more when you start wearing and filling a bra.

Teresa
01-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Brookes ,
I agree with Jodie , the small steps eventually join up and you find you are comfortably out the door . I agree it's not for some but most of us have that need to be seen out a s a woman , it is very scary at first , I started with taking drives at night and walking the dog in skirts and tops , it does become easier as long as you are sensible and wear appropriate clothes the important point is doing it with confidence . So keep taking these small steps , each one is important most of us did it this way .

Sometimes Steffi
01-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Congrats the next time will be easier.
At least you now know you can do it.

I know it's hard to believe, but it gets easier every time.

Brooke,
I admire your courage. Also glad things went well for you. I am still behind you in that kind of adventure. The most I have ever done is to go out underdressed in lingerie. And I have only worn a bra in cold weather when I can wear a coat.

Lacey: Don't forget that you're always invited to join us at one of our DC Area Trans Girl Meetups. We usually meet in a public place, but there is also an opportunity to meet at a private house in the Stafford area, which would also shorten your trip to see us.