PDA

View Full Version : Compliments from wife

Linda Leigh
01-04-2018, 11:11 AM
I came out to my Wife about 3 years ago. She does not like me dressing but tolerates it. I dress in front of her and she doesnt say anything. On New Years I dressed up at home as we were not going anywhere as it was way too cold (-16). When I came out of the bedroom she looked at me and said very nice (wow) i dressed today and she said I look great :) I think she getting used to it.

This is nothing for most of you but for me her approval is everything.

Hugs Linda XXX

halljennifer
01-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear about your positive experience Linda. That feeling is nothing short of awesome! 😊

~Joanne~
01-04-2018, 11:30 AM
I love hearing that something looks good on me or that it was a good choice when I was at the store buying it. yes, it's a little thing but it's the little things that make the world go around ;)

Tracy Irving
01-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Very nice development. Congratulations!

bridget thronton
01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
It is good I suspect she loves you

Alice B
01-04-2018, 03:39 PM
I think your wife has given you the greatest compliment you could receive. I wish I could get that from my wife and she has seen me dressed many times

RADER
01-04-2018, 04:43 PM
My wife was OK with my dressing, and on occasion she would mail order me something.
When I would try it on, she would say that she knew I would look good wearing what she picked
out. Yes It was a great complement, and it felt great.
Rader

Rayleen
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Happy for you Linda, its always nice when you have a great relationship and understanding.

alwayshave
01-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Linda, That's very good news.

Karyn Marie
01-04-2018, 09:44 PM
My wife will tell me I look cute, and the outfit looks good on me. I love it when she does that.

Becky Blue
01-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Thats great Linda!!

Traci H
01-05-2018, 12:03 AM
Linda I truly am happy for you. For only tolerating your dressing that seems to be quite an event. I’d give my eye teeth to get something even close. Your post makes me ever hopeful!

Diane Taylor
01-05-2018, 12:19 AM
Good for you that your wife gave you those compliments. Sometimes it just takes a little time.

suzanne
01-05-2018, 01:01 AM
Any compliment is welcome, but one sincere one from the SO is to be cherished. I'm glad to know yours is warming up to you.

Beverley Sims
01-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Approval like that really gets to me as well.

My wife is always adjusting my bra straps os some other clothing I am wearing.

If it gets twisted or out of place she adjusts it and says, "That looks better".

I love it and just carry on with life.

If I ask for an opinion on something I am wearing, "Thats a No! No!" :-)

Just don't go there.

Isabella Ross
01-05-2018, 10:08 AM
Nothing is better than this type of acceptance.

NancySue
01-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Absolutely! I am one of the fortunate ones with a supportive wife. I look forward to her comments, which are mostly very positive as I’ve improved my makeup and attire skills...again, thanks to her. I dress, to some degree daily, but didn’t for a couple days over the Holidays. She asked me why as she missed seeing me dressed. I told her there were no problems. (Actually, I was dressed underneath). Her support makes me very happy and enhances our win-win relationship.

JeanTG
01-05-2018, 12:57 PM

Hugs Linda XXX

Only in my wildest dreams! I can't imagine my wife ever saying something nice to me. I'm not even DADT at the moment, she's that hostile. Or at least wasn't, I recently got grudging, reluctant OK to have her respect my desire to dress in private if I feel the need. But it's too cold out to go up into the unheated attic and recover my stuff; I'd probably have thaw out my breast forms for a week before I'd even dare put them on! Maybe next week, I'll haul the stuff down and have a Jean day.

Glenda58
01-05-2018, 01:36 PM
Good for you having a wife that lets you dress. I hope you do something for her to make her feel it was worth it letting you dress. I know I would if my wife let dress up.

ClosetED
01-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Great news Linda! My wife tried to accept but could not take it. She let me model clothes we bought and I went as far was wig and hose with it. But not makeup. But she did finally see pictures of me with makeup and gave me the best compliment-I was right, I do look good enough to be catalog model. But that was so upsetting, she stopped accepting.
Expect ups and downs.
Hugs, Ellen

Kimmie WJ
01-05-2018, 02:45 PM
You spent time considering what to wear and energy getting ready. It was lovely of your wife to pay you a deserved complement. Clearly she loves you. Congratulations.

Linda Leigh
01-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Thank you for all the positive responses Ladies :)

SometimesJen
01-05-2018, 04:31 PM
That's wonderful Linda! I'm also fortunate that my other half supports my cd'ing, at least at home, and tells me when a particular outfit works well together. This morning I was up 2 hours before her and slipped into a short black skirt, black calf-high boots, and a shirred black and grey top. The first thing she said when she got up was "Good morning. You look hot! Damn I'm jealous!" It's great when our partners can appreciate our efforts to look nice, and even better when they share their appreciation.

Andie
01-07-2018, 06:02 PM
That’s fantastic Linda.

nikkiwindsor
01-07-2018, 08:36 PM
That's wonderful...my wife is still not comfortable with seeing pics of me...as I've shared she stumbled across a few pics a year ago and refuses to see any pics again (at least at this time) ...she said maybe in the future

Babbs
01-07-2018, 08:41 PM
That's a huge thing to me as I'm not out to the wife yet but would love to be

Leslie Mary S
01-07-2018, 08:54 PM
. . .SNIP . .

Hugs Linda XXX

Linda I feel you are a bit wrong about this. To all of us we Love complements, especially from our SO, each and every time.

Presently I do not have a SO but do like it when anyone, specially my two GG support people (akin to your wife) say it.
And when a stranger or non-support person says it, that is a double wow.

If it were not for the complements, here would be a dark place.

Sissy donna
01-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Nothing I like more than pleasing my wife, and hearing compliments from her are a great event! Good for you!