PDA

View Full Version : First Day of a Week of "Home Alone" Dressing, and....

IleneD
01-10-2018, 07:29 PM
I'm home tending to the house while The Wife (God love her) visits family. She knows about Ilene but we're still working out the terms of acceptance. (All going well).
On the way back from taking her to the airport I scouted out a nail spa that was near my residence but not too close. I had a few chores to run en femme and one of them was to treat myself to a mani - pedi. The shop was new and it looked like a good discreet place to have my nails done.
I went home and put on my full Ilene look; floral tunic sweater dress, leggings, ankle boots, wig and a dash of makeup. I made a stop at another retail establishment, made a purchase, and then to the nail spa.

I entered the shop and was greeted warmly. The girl spoke the worst broken English, and I surmised she was Malaysian or perhaps Vietnamese (a suspicion that would soon be confirmed). I've heard the dialect before during my Navy days. I explained to the tech that I wanted a manicure with simple nail polish and the pedi to go with it.

I'd no sooner finished explaining and was preparing to pick my color when a man came out from the back. He sat down at a work station at the other end of the room and began to work on styling the acrylic nails of another customer. The man was my next door neighbor. Of all the random places I could pick to have my nails done, AND gone about scouting the place, I find one that has my next door neighbor in it (a male, BTW). And he doesn't know.

When I saw him I blurted out his name to myself. I don't think he heard it clearly but the sound caused him to give the Tall Woman a look. I went about my nail treatment. It was great and I loved the pampering (of course). Never once during my entire time in the chair did My Neighbor give me a second look.

However, when he was done with his customer he put on his jacket and prepared to leave the shop. I watched his interactions with the employees, and figured out that this was probably one of HIS shops. He stopped briefly and gave me a curious look and asked if I knew him. This gent also speaks VERY poor English. He's Vietnamese. I know because it's been a slight barrier to knowing him better as a next door neighbor. I just smiled, because I could tell from the look on his face that he'd not figured out who I was. I replied, "No. Just saying hi." He shook his head a little, thanked me for using the shop, smiled and left.

I truly thought I'd been made. Certainly he KNEW I was a "man" under my thin make up (just a hint; eyes), but he apparently failed to recognize me as his neighbor en femme. Nothing about the actions or expressions of the other techs in the shop suggested that My Neighbor let on that "This guy is my neighbor." Nothing. In fact my tech fawned over me.

Another tale to add to the Adventures of Ilene.

Drew GB
01-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Well I hope the rest of your week is less exciting but twice as pretty.

Lydianne
01-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Haha! . . Brilliant! :laughing:. How does stuff like that even happen?!?? :idontknow:. Nevertheless, credit to the salon for treating you respectfully :thumbsup:, and that's a home run for your makeup skills :shades:.

I wonder whether acceptance of your dressing here is a done deal now :thinking:. Because if there is any future disapproval from your neighbour, then his viewpoint might be swayed by a particular nail salon losing a particular customer :whistling:. You might choose the safe route of not going there again in the interim, but you could remind him of this encounter and bluff having been a regular if it comes to it :winkp:.

. . and that's just day one :tongueout. Awesome! :thumbsup:.

- Lydianne.

kimdl93
01-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Context is important...and as Ilene, you were most clearly out of any context familiar to your neighbor. Good work on keeping your cool!

Sami Brown
01-10-2018, 10:00 PM
Excellent job at skating around the situation. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!

Sami

MLane
01-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Wow I would be freaked out, good luck on the rest of your time.

Rogina B
01-10-2018, 10:59 PM
And what REALLY would have happened? Nothing... Who is he going to tell that is harmful? No one..

Sallee
01-10-2018, 11:07 PM
Great story I hate it when that happens. I have run into neighbors but not that close. Your heart must have been beating enough to make your breasts bounce.