PDA

View Full Version : What did you tell the girl who pierced your ears as WHY BOTH?

barbie lanai
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Told her I was afraid having only one would make me walk in circles.

Rikkicn
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I was never asked

Paula Jaye
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I told her I wanted both ears pierced - simple really.

The worst bit was having to sit in the window of Claire's Accessories with a crowd of pre-teen boys watching.

Stacie Stockman
03-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Cute response. As to the girl who did mine, she didnt ask and I didnt tell.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I was never asked Same experience, they just did it, no muss no fuss.

Veronica

Angela Burke
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
The subject as to why both ears never came up.
I just asked for both to be done.
No problem.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-13-2006, 08:54 PM
I
The worst bit was having to sit in the window of Claire's Accessories with a crowd of pre-teen boys watching.

For me the worst part was Claire's itself. It's girly, but in a sickenly sugary pink fluffy glittery commercialized over the top way. They do have Hello Kitty though, <sigh>, can't get enough Hello Kitty.

Veronica

Jennaie
03-13-2006, 09:04 PM
She did not ask and I was to busy looking at her beautiful breast for her to even wonder.

talkwithmelissa
03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
When I finally get mine done I want to go to the girl that Jennaie, see response above, went to.

Karinna
03-13-2006, 09:09 PM
The lovely girl at the local hairdresser asked me why i don't want to do both!
She was very cool, but i said that i don't want to break my SO's laws
by piercing my two ears.
I'm gradually gaining points with my wife, and sometimes losing them.
But one day i'm going to see her, the hairdresser, again or maybe...

Holly
03-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I wasn't asked, either. Might be because I was fully dressed when I had them done. I was at a Claire's in Primm, NV. The store was not very busy and the girl who did the piercing was really sweet. As I was leaving after she gave me the cleaning solution, some paperwork, and some stickers :D , she also gave me a little hug. I'm a Claire's customer for life!

VeronicaMoonlit
03-13-2006, 09:20 PM
and some stickers :!

<cries> I didn't get any stickers. :-)

Veronica

Jennaie
03-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I wasn't asked, either. Might be because I was fully dressed when I had them done. I was at a Claire's in Primm, NV. The store was not very busy and the girl who did the piercing was really sweet. As I was leaving after she gave me the cleaning solution, some paperwork, and some stickers :D , she also gave me a little hug. I'm a Claire's customer for life!

Had mine done at Clairs as well. Wonderful young woman did mine, but no hug.:sad:

Crystal Harmony
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
It never came up,but the girl at the counter did give me a strange look when i said both,but the girl who did them didnt say a thing.:cheeky:

Gail Stauffer
03-13-2006, 10:36 PM
same here, I had both done,no one said a thing either!! I think that is because like most people say it's os common these days!!

Rachel Morley
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Hi Barbie,

Great question! ..... but, believe it or not, I did mine myself :)

barbie lanai
03-13-2006, 10:44 PM
My mother in law tells me she did her own also. That was THE way back then. Boy am I a sissy, don't think I could do it to myself twice.

miss_sarah
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM
I finally sucked it up today and the wife and I went to one of the local tatoo/piercing parlors that we like - they did her belly ring a few months ago. So today she got her ankle tatoo filled in more and I got my navel and right ear pierced! :) Left ear had been done in like Jr High (yeah, at Claire's) and was really more for shock/fad value at the time. I totally wouldn't be comfortable walking into Claires these days to have that done! The gal that did my piercings today (hottie!!!) didn't bat an eye about doing either of them. Much more common these days.

barbie lanai
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Being dressed enfemme simplifies the whole thing Holly, I did it in drab, while my wife laughed at me.

PTPJen
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
All The Time I've been to Claire's the girls have been great wheather to have piecings or buying things ther, My favorite accessory store!!

Diannna
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Funny thing, My baby sister ( 10 years my junior ) talked me into it and she drove me over to Wally World and had both ears done. No questions. Then about 3 months later I told her that I wanted a second set, she said lets do it. So for the last 4 years now, I have two sets of holes in both ears. I wear one in my left ear most of the time. I try to wear the other three at different times. The holes do not show very much at all. I love them, and really glad I did it. I was single at the time. My girl friend of 18 months now never knew till about 4 months into the relationship. At which time I also took the oppertunity to tell her about Diana. It all worked out well.

JeanneF
03-13-2006, 11:52 PM
I had them done (two days ago!) at a local Tattoo parlor/piercing place. Not even a raised eyebrow. But then this place is probably used to doing much more "creative" piercings.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
03-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't have mine pierced but if I did I think if the girl asked me that I'd tell her it's not the mid 80's anymore. Pretty sure guys getting both pierced has been kosher for over a decade.

trannie T
03-14-2006, 12:03 AM
I have several piercings in each ear. Nobody has made a comment when piercing them. When others ask why I have both ears pierced I just say that I don't discriminate between either ear.

Adnama
03-14-2006, 06:24 AM
I was enquiring today about getting both done. The girl in the shop didn't show any signs of falling on the ground in hysterics.
It's so common these days.

Amanda

Maureen Henley
03-14-2006, 06:41 AM
I just said that I couldn't remember which ear was supposed to signal that one is gay, so I did both. Plus, I told the girl that I belong to several motorcycle clubs, and at events, I like to wear a different club earing in each ear (true).

Teddie
03-14-2006, 06:56 AM
I told her I was tired of walking with my head tilted to one side:cheeky:

Actually, she never asked, and I never said.

patty diamond
03-14-2006, 07:06 AM
I Heard The Same Storys They Almost Had To Put Me To Sleep--but I Went To A Place The Works On Bikers -what A Mistake

sharifemme
03-14-2006, 07:35 AM
I did mine myself - all 7 of them. That was back before I even admitted to myself that I was transgender.

ChristineRenee
03-14-2006, 08:20 AM
She never asked...I never said.

Maddie
03-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I first had 2 put in my left ear and then did 2 in my right ear myself

i wear earings all the time Diamonds or tanzanite in the top and hoops in the bottom

the kids in my school think it is great

BeckyCath
03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
I had mine done this morning, a friend wanted a nose stud, so we dared each other...

I wasn't asked, but then i was dressed, and i did have my youngest lad with me too...

Didn't hurt a bit, good job it's a cold day here in England, my lobes were frozen from walking round town...

Rebecca

teegan685
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
You are all very brave. I have yet to try this, afraid it might impact my job Kris

Julia Cross
03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
...because I have 2 ears.

Seriously, piercing ears is so mainstream, they don't even think twice. For all of you considering it, there is nothing at all to worry about. It takes 5 minutes and you're out of there without a fuss.

Julia

SexxxyBrianna
03-14-2006, 09:54 AM
They will most likely not ask. They just do it & collect their money. Just go to your local mall or jewelry store. I went to Clairs in the mall. I was only getting one done as I had my first one done in high school. And yes, most Clairs Boutique stores will do it in the front window. But still, no big deal. If you want to throw them off the track of the real reason, tell them you are on your way to pick up your new Harley Davidson and you wanted to fit in! :bonk: :GD:

SohoRose
03-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm a rock fan so I had mine done back in the day when I listened to glam metal. Eventually I had my nose and eyebrow done too. These days I only sport two peircings in the one ear.

Kieron Andrew
03-14-2006, 01:28 PM
had mine done years ago but then again i was seen as a plain girlie then not the FTM that i am now!!

petticoatlisa
03-14-2006, 01:37 PM
no one cared when i had my done. that was in 1989. guys were getting both of their ears pierced like nobody's business then, (and before and since then i guess) at least in california!

Cheryl T
03-14-2006, 02:11 PM
The girls never asked me either. Got my first and went back 2 weeks later and got 2 more. Next will be the 4th to balance them so I can wear my diamond studs with my gold hoops. I love that look.

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
My Fiancee gave me a gift voucher to have my ears done as one of my Christmas presents.

I went to Claires (those in the UK will be familiar with the store) and said, "I'd like my ears pierced pleased"

Twenty minutes later I came out with a gold stud in each ear.

End of story!

Jenny

Lindahexi
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Had mine done in Claire's, the girls said "lots of guys are having both ears pierced these days", they were so pleasant and polite, I really enjoyed having them done. I'm a regular customer now, last week I went in for some eyelashes and the girl said "are they for you?", I was able to answer yes without any qualms, and she was just so cool about it.

Marla S
03-14-2006, 07:04 PM
I think I said: Ouch, uuuhmm.
(I did mine myself, in my younger days. The slow way, because I thought it could ache :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: )

linnea
03-14-2006, 07:24 PM
I had my ears pierced at a Claire's store about a year and a half ago. The girl in the store asked me if I wanted one or both pierced, but when I answered "both," she just took it in stride--no big deal. She chatted with me during the process and I told her that it would be a surprise to my wife. Then I "bet" her that it would not be the first thing that my wife would talk about or notice--I was right--lol!
I went into Claire's wearing drab. The girl there mentioned to me that it was common for men to come in to one or both ears pierced. It didn't faze her in the least, and I love it.

Sonia_cd
03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
I had one done 5 years ago. And the other done a couple of weeks ago. No questions asked, no answers given. Only worry now is to control the urge to buy a pair of earrings everyday!!!!

Hugs,
Sonia

Faith
03-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Musicians have both eyes pierced, take Bon Jovi...They have long hair too..My Wife got her bellyB done and it told her I wanted one! So like everyone else has said, it's just not that uncommon anymore.

Faith

Jenny Warren
03-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Had mine done in Claire's, the girls said "lots of guys are having both ears pierced these days", they were so pleasant and polite, I really enjoyed having them done. I'm a regular customer now, last week I went in for some eyelashes and the girl said "are they for you?", I was able to answer yes without any qualms, and she was just so cool about it.

I went to have mine done as Jenny.

I always try to do 'Jenny' things as Jenny, it's more fun that way.

Jenny

Jenny Warren
03-15-2006, 04:31 AM
good job it's a cold day here in England, Rebecca

When isn't it?

I've lived in this God forsaken country for 22 years and I haven't warmed up yet.

Jenny

sparks
03-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Cause only one is lonely silly

Sarah Rabbit
03-15-2006, 06:12 AM
I was with my EX S.O. and my baby daughter at the time. The young lady intially refused (Thinking it was for my daughter) because for some reason, they only done children in the afternoons. When I explained it was for me, No problem sit right down. (After all my money is as good as anyone else's):D

Hugs, Sarah R.:bunny: