PDA

View Full Version : Just another fetish ?

Matty
03-13-2006, 09:30 PM
For some is crossdressing not just another fetish ?

For myself it is a sexual thing. Not the feeling of the clothes IE: nylons or silk panties or how high my heels or big my breast are but rather the look in the mirror.

Regards
Matty

Jennaie
03-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, like yourself, I'm sure it is for some, many in fact.
For me, I look in the mirror to see how close I am or how I can improve. 99% of the time I spend dressed is not looking in a mirror but just doing what I usually do, only dressed en-femme.

Cathy Anderson
03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Hi Matty,

Not all fetishes are sexual fetishes.

def. fetish (n.)

1. An object that is believed to have magical or spiritual powers, especially such an object associated with animistic or shamanistic religious practices.
2. An object of unreasonably excessive attention or reverence: made a fetish of punctuality.
3. Something, such as a material object or a nonsexual part of the body, that arouses sexual desire and may become necessary for sexual gratification.
4. An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

Cathy

Diannna
03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I dress as often as I can. I'm single. I like............. most of the time what I see in the mirror. Not all the time , but most, I do like the sexual gratification I get from dressing. I also like to stay dressed as long as possible and just doing what it is I do for the night. Cleaning, washing clothes, making supper or just watching tv. I feel good when dressed. I try to look my age. Although, once in a while I get the urge to dress a little ****ty.

Helen MC
03-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Yes, to me it is predominantly a sexual fetish. I enjoy the comfort and look of panties compared to male underwear, and also prefer to wear a skirt or dress about the my house . However it is mostly about sexual turn on for me as I don't wear a wig or make up, do not go outdoors en-femme and have no desire to have a surgical sex change. If men were accepted in the UK wearing skirts or dresses and other female outer clothing I woud wear a skirt or dress but would not wear make-up, breast forms etc or try to live as a woman.

teegan685
03-14-2006, 09:53 AM
With me I love the feeling of dressing femme. I think its a sexual thing though, because it usually ends with sexual gratification. kris

wendy
03-14-2006, 09:55 AM
in my younger years, dressing up was a sexual thing, but as I got older I find dressing up to be a part of me, and I've found I am distancing myself from that 'sexual thing' now.

I dress up as it feels right, very comfortable and very relaxed.:D

petticoatlisa
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
dressing always has and continues to be sexual for me. (20 years) Although now i do like to stay fully dressed for longer periods of time and feeling comfortable in full feminine attire going about whatever i feel like doing around the house. I love looking in the mirror though and it always ends in climax.

suanne
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
I think that is a good question. I have thought about that alot. Is this a fetish for me. Well I have figured out that it is more than that. I feel sensuous when I dress. That seems to be a broader meaning for me. Just look up the meaning of sensuous and maybe it will better describe your own feelings about crossdressing.

Suanne

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
If I had to explain why I dress, I'd have to say it's my escape from the stress of my everyday life.

Some people, after a hard day at work, go and drink too much beer, then drive home and beat up their wife.

Some relax with a workout at the gym, or with a round of golf.

Some relax by using 'recreational' drugs.

I unwind by slipping into soft silky feminine clothes.

My day starts relaxed with a cup of tea while still in my nightdress and dressing gown.

My day ends with a glass of wine after putting on my nightdress and dressing gown.

Between times, I'm sure to be in 'female mode' for a big part of most days.

Jenny

Julie Avery
03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
My story can't possibly be a new story. When I was a genetically male adolescent (I can't help it, I was one!), and well beyond that, crossdressing was very sexual to me.

Then there came a time when it was more a way of allowing myself to show outwardly how I like to be. Not so much sexual, more something I'd held inside for too long, which made me happy when I let it out.

And that's the truth ;)

Dragster
03-14-2006, 07:16 PM
I love the feel of satin/silk on my body, stockings on my legs (even the tug of the suspenders), and my loved one caressing me when I'm wearing them (some time soon, I hope!). I fancy the idea of latex and leather clothing too and I also like to be restrained; corset, tight pencil/hobble skirt, sky-high stiletto heels, and even a bit of bondage. I know I'd like to be locked in all these things too, especially if my lover had the key, and wouldn't let me out until she felt like it. Now does that make me a feitishist? I don't really care what label you put on it, I know what I like, and that's what I do!

Even after 50 years of it, I'm still sexually turned on by female clothes, and I usually "please myself" before undressing. I also wish to get out and about en-femme, and to achieve that, I'll have to tone down my syle, but then I'll get the excitement by being out, rather than from my ****ty clothing, which will remain my "indoors" style.

Tony

Marla S
03-14-2006, 07:29 PM
My story can't possibly be a new story.
No. Quite similar here. :)

Joy Carter
03-14-2006, 07:43 PM
It's the escape into who I really am but can't be. Sounds dumb but when I see her I feel so complete and fulfiled for an all to short space in time.:doll:

annekathleen
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I like the feeling, I love the look, and something else,
....like a forbidden taboo, that we're not supposed to do....
( kinda like the "Apple" with Adam and Eve )

Wonder if Adam ever tried on Eve's fig leave???
....a point to ponder!

Julie Avery
03-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Joy, it doesn't sound dumb to me.

Sierra Evon
03-14-2006, 08:25 PM
For me being the raging X-dresser that I am , I more with the TG side
of my womenhood/girlhood, If I choose to dress-up sexy and I have I
feel a sence of sexual feeling from it , like you are saying , but 90% of
the time in femme day to day drab's, not trying to look or be sexy,
unless I am going out some place special, with someone then ya.
does that make sence ? ..........+?

Alex R
03-15-2006, 04:24 PM
This thread really interests me as after many years of denial I have just really admitted to myself that I am a cder and am now doing something serious abou it.

Since the turn of the year I have been been obsessing about why do I need to do it. I've just joined this forum and am also a member of the UK based Angels and Rosesforum and have been avidly reading the threads to understand why other people crossdress.

There seems to be many reasons, almost as many as there are cders but obviously there are common themes and without wanting to get into a labels debate I think it's important for me to understand my reasons and then compare them with others to see what path my road could take.

So what's my point? (It's good to talk isn't it!). Well I'm pretty sure I am at the festish end of the whole cd/tv/tg/ts continuum. Gal do I get a really nice buzz out of dressing and looking at myself. I know that's how it started many years ago and that feeling is still there.

However for example, and there's always a however, how come I'm really fixated by nice expensive handbags (purses in the US?) and feel myself checking out and admiring RG's bags on the train to work? Is that part of a fetish?

Well may be it is, perhaps I need to look the whole part. Maybe someone out here can shed some light on how far the fetish goes?

Anyway I'm away now to watch a rerun episode of Frasier who will no doubt quote Freud and say every man is driven by sex. Well if that means dressing then he's right!

Lucinda (glad to be on board a great forum). xx ;)

Julie Avery
03-15-2006, 04:50 PM
90% of
the time in femme day to day drab's, not trying to look or be sexy,
unless I am going out some place special, with someone then ya.
does that make sence ? ..........+?

Makes sense to me. Most of the time I'm crossdressed in my home, it's in very casual clothes - femme shorts and a pullover top, sneakers and ankle-length socks would be a typical outfit. There is this one dress I love to wear....well, you know ;)

Julie Avery
03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
So what's my point? (It's good to talk isn't it!). Well I'm pretty sure I am at the festish end of the whole cd/tv/tg/ts continuum.

It sure is good to talk honestly about who we are, it's every bit as fulfilling as dressing, possibly even more so. I think I'm beginning to understand, on the second sentence quoted above, that there comes a time when figuring out where we fit in someone else's list of categories just isn't all that important any more. Just being what you need to be, and finding a way to do that with decency and self-respect, that's enough :)

michellecd9999
03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I am glad to see some honest talk about this on the site. Yes, for me very much a fetish. It started when I was about 13 and slipped a nightgown on and became sexually excited. I CAN and DO get sexually excited with other things. It is not like it is the ONLY way I get excited, but it is the most common. I do usually end up masterbating when I dress, whether that be partially (panties, hose) or all the way with makeup and wig. The exceptions have been when I have been out in public. When I went to have a makeover, there was an excitment about it but I was not thinking of sex or getting off. I guess I was engaged in conversation with the makeover artist. Also when I was out in public dressed (my only 2 occassions) my thoughts were not of sex. I was engaged in talk with the other CDs. There was a rush, but again something different. When I am in public I think I am thinking about how to act and move as a woman, not sex! Thanks for posing the question. It made me be honest with myself and write down feelings and thoughts I never had before.
Michelle

Julie York
03-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Yes it is.

But is has a sneaky way of making no sense if you ever want to dress up and not feel randy at the same time.

Then you think.....OMG I thought it was a fetish.....and it turns out I am just really strange.

Julie Avery
03-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes it is.

But is has a sneaky way of making no sense if you ever want to dress up and not feel randy at the same time.

Then you think.....OMG I thought it was a fetish.....and it turns out I am just really strange.

LOL! I think it's this chromosome which made me genetically male (I can never remember which one that is), which also made me randy all the time, dressed or not. It does seem to mellow out a little over time (we're talking eons).

Alex R
03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
It sure is good to talk honestly about who we are, it's every bit as fulfilling as dressing, possibly even more so. I think I'm beginning to understand, on the second sentence quoted above, that there comes a time when figuring out where we fit in someone else's list of categories just isn't all that important any more. Just being what you need to be, and finding a way to do that with decency and self-respect, that's enough :)

I agree with Julie. Although it has been improtant to me over the past few months to try to understand how my desires comoare with other gurls, I also now know that it's more important to do something about it. The desires don't go away. I know that from experience over that past 20 years.

By the way I've found this forum great, so many gurls whose experiences mirror mine, sometimes uncannily!

And that really has provided me with some inner calmness!

;)

wendy
03-17-2006, 10:39 AM
in my younger years, I would yes, CDing would have been more of a sexual fetish than anything else.

But i've found the more I've been CDing the more I feel I am distancing myself away from it being a sexual fetish thing. For me, it is looking in the mirror and transforming myself into someone else, an 'alter ego' if you will.

I feel CDing now is more of a way to relax, unwind after a stressful day at work/commute, and a way to let myself go.