PDA

View Full Version : Bra straps can be,, grrrr question

Kathycd
03-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Hi everyone,

Anyone have a little more trouble keping the bra straps in thise proper place?

I like th bra's with the wider shoulder strap pad. On e they tend to stup better for me.

Question, has anyone else heard that if you spray just a little hairspray on your shoulders that it will keep those pesky staps from falling off your shoulders so much?

THank you

Kathy

Susan.Boots
03-14-2006, 12:14 AM
I actually like it when my bra strap falls. That way I can reach in and adjust it. Did you ever notice a girl adjust her strap? The action is unmistakeable. It is a very feminine move.

Susan

Robertacd
03-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Sounds like you are wearing the wrong size or style of bra.

Summer
03-14-2006, 01:14 AM
It's the fit, always. If you have the right fit, no slipping. There is a product called "It Stays" it is a roll on adhesive that is non toxic and works very well for holding things in place.
Summer0.02

Robin
03-14-2006, 01:44 AM
Yes, mine slip sometimes too. It will depend on the bra, on the shape of your shoulders and neck, and sometimes even the phase of the moon. My solution is to wear mostly racerback or v-back bras. My current favorite is a lightweight cotton underwire racerback from Target, in beige. Never slips, nice and bouncy, and very comfy. I got to wear it and my breasts almost half the day, working away in my office with the door locked. What a great day.

Penny
03-14-2006, 02:00 AM
I actually like it when my bra strap falls. That way I can reach in and adjust it. Did you ever notice a girl adjust her strap? The action is unmistakeable. It is a very feminine move.

Susan
I have seen a lot of moves in the Victoria's Secrets commercials, but not that one!:rofl:

trannie T
03-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Real girls have the same problem, notice how often they tug at the straps. The ads claim that most women do not wear the right size bra, must be true of crossdressers too.

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Bra straps will slip for a variety of reasons.

Wrong size bra
Straps not adjusted correctly
Wearer having round shoulders
Stooping or hunching forward

Consider this;

The bra is designed to do a particular job, support the breasts.

If you are 'filling' your bra with something that has little or no weight then there will not be any tension on the straps, so they will be less likely to stay in place.

Usually, a combination of the above is the cause.

Jenny

sparks
03-14-2006, 04:21 AM
Gawd! Girls I luv it when they fall. I feels all trampy inside!

ronni white
03-14-2006, 07:11 AM
Do a search for strap mate.
It hooks over your bra staps and keeps them in place.

Ashley in Virginia
03-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Duct tape works well for this as does super glue.

busty
03-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Sounds like you are wearing the wrong size or style of bra. when your as big as me 40H bra you dont worry about that,you look very nice what size are you

Billijo49504
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Duct tape and super glue,WOW!:rolleyes: Isn't that just a little over kill.:cheeky: I'd rather just tighten the straps, but each to their own.;) ..BJ

EricaCD
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Yep - I'll bet you have a fit issue. I'm tall so I automatically assumed I should set the straps to max length. They were slipping all the time - esp. when I was not wearing weighted breast forms. (Jenny - I definitely needed your advice a few years ago!)

Getting a bra to behave its pretty little self can definitely give you that "grrr..." (and NOT "gurl") feeling. On the other hand, I remember taking one afternoon, with about six bras of different sizes and styles (the people at VS must have thought I was crazy), and really figuring out what worked and what didn't. It was actually one of the most wonderful times I ever had CDing - really getting to know how to turn at least one aspect of my physique into its feminine counterpart.

Erica

Julie Avery
03-14-2006, 12:42 PM
In my case, my first impulse in reaction to slipping straps was to shorten them, thinking they must be too loose. Turns out that was exactly wrong, I've had good results by lengthening them to their greatest possible extension.

Aileen
03-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I always wear either a all-in-one or a longline bra, so my straps aren't going anyplace.

Sophia Rearen
03-14-2006, 01:47 PM
I have atleast one bra that prevents this. Bali makes one, I think they call it slip stop.

Ms Alison Janes
03-14-2006, 05:11 PM
I generally find that bras with elasticated straps stay in place ok.

Barb Valentine
03-14-2006, 05:16 PM
No problem here they stay in place for me

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 05:17 PM
I generally find that bras with elasticated straps stay in place ok.

Don't ALL bras have elasticated straps then?

Jenny

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 05:19 PM

How about staples? Or rivets? Maybe spot welding?

Jenny

Julie Avery
03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
How about staples? Or rivets? Maybe spot welding?

Jenny

Reckon that would be venturing into fetishland ROFLMAO

Felicity
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Well, the Athletic Bra's or a normal type with a "racerback" would work find. Do keyword searches for "Racerback."

Try this search (http://www.altavista.com/web/results?itag=ody&q=%2Bbra+%2Bracerback&kgs=0&kls=0)

LeeCD
03-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I have several bras made for men. They are very sexy and feel great. I recommend them if you don't stuff the cups. They are wonderful to wear to work since you have the feeling of a bra but don't have the puffy empty cups to deal with. And, the straps never slip. I wish I could say the same for my camisoles, though.

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Girls adjust theirs and seems just to be part of dressing that occasionally the straps need to be relocated. Adds to the fem feeling as far as I'm concerned.

On some old TV show about bank robbers thought to be men, the detectives spotted one adjusting the straps. Game over.

Sarah Rabbit
03-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Gawd! Girls I luv it when they fall. I feels all trampy inside!

Sparks, I suspected you were a hussy!!!:lol:

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

Kathycd
03-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Thank you all so much for the advice, humor, honestly. I have come to realize that the weight of breasts seem to be the main theme of straps staying in their proper place. I will have to work on that one hey?! <smile>

Hugs

Kathycd in Oklahoma