PDA

View Full Version : The Big 50

Michelle Crossfire
01-18-2018, 12:26 AM
The new year came and went. During the holiday break, I hit the big 50. I don't look my age, at least not yet. Somehow, I have not dressed in over a month. The desire just wasn't there and i had quite a bit of time off work. Just the way the schedule came down. Anyway, the desire took a hit when I was diagnosed with an acute case of Bell's Palsy. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this ailment, it is usually an infection that somehow affects the cranial nerves that control the facial muscles and due to swelling, cause the facial muscles to either weaken or become paralyzed. Fortunately, for most, it is temporary and recovery is eventually achieved. Fortunately, it has been nearly a month since that happened, and I seem to be making a full recovery. The recent bout of cold weather did not help the desire to dress either. It was simply too cold.
We recently had one day of 59 degrees F, then the next day it was back down to 7. What a swing. So now I am trying to convince myself to go to Warren for a GNO this Saturday, hoping that I will get the desire to dress once again. The weather is promising, so now I can just wait and see what happens come Saturday.

Helen_Highwater
01-18-2018, 05:11 AM
Michelle,
I hope your recovery from the Bell's is swift with no lasting effects.

Being hit with something like that is certainly going to push other things into the background. I'm sure you're CD'ing mojo will return and give your spirits a boost. Knock 'em dead on Saturday.

alwayshave
01-18-2018, 07:02 AM
Michelle, Happy five o. I hope that you recover quickly.

Tracii G
01-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Happy 50 Michelle.
I hope the Bell's clears up quickly.
The weather is crazy down here in Ky too.

BrendaPDX
01-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Happy birthday! Hope you get well soon. I have had bouts where the pink fog never rolled in for months, then out of nowhere hits like a truck. I am sure your time, the temperature, and the fog will synchronize again.

Beverley Sims
01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Yes, go to the GNO at Warren.

Good therapy for you.

CONSUELO
01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Michelle,

Sorry to hear of your bout of illness. It must have been a worrisome time for you.
I often have periods when the urge to dress is diminished but I still wear a minimum of feminine clothing. Don't worry about it as I believe it is just a part of the ebb and flow of ones emotional make.
As to the big 50, enjoy it and remember to Carpe Diem - sieze the day. From 50 on time seems to speed up.

Jaylyn
01-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Michelle take care of yourself, 50 is just a number ( I reached it 18 years ago ) I just decided things are going to happen it is how we cope with things that matter in our live. Go to the GNO and enjoy it. If nothing else it'll take your mind off of anything else for a while.

Meghan4now
01-18-2018, 11:37 AM
Happy Birthday!

50 is the new 40 they say. For me, it reopened a three year case of pink fog, so watch out!

Sarah Doepner
01-18-2018, 12:11 PM
Happy Birthday! I agree with the others in wishing you a speedy and full recovery from the Bell's. I have several family members who have experienced it and paying attention to it early on and following through with Doctor's orders really help.

As for not having the desire to dress, it happens and sometimes a kick-start helps. Even if you get there and still don't feel the spark, just relaxing and hanging out with others can be a tonic for the spirit. I don't think anyone is holding you to a schedule, so just be good to yourself because you deserve it anyway.

GretchenJ
01-18-2018, 11:59 PM
As for someone that hit the 50 a couple of years ago, I can honestly tell you that it is just a number. Take care of yourself, and get better soon

Tracii G
01-19-2018, 12:12 AM
If its any consolation Michelle I'm 65 and it doesn't feel any different than 50.

Bobbi46
01-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Never let age bother you, sometimes we feel older than we actually are, I hope you get over your illness soon, Bells Palsy is not nice to have but soon you will be over it and with it I. am sure your desire to dress will be just as strong as it was before.
Just believe in yourself, believe in getting better and the rest will follow, good luck and best wishes