PDA

View Full Version : Do u dress for comfort or to look fabulous?

docrobbysherry
01-18-2018, 12:08 PM
By "comfort" I mean low heels, loose clothing, no shapers or pads, etc.
Dressing to blend comes to mind.:straightface:

By "looks" I mean u care about that more than anything!
And, u will do whatever, wear whatever, is necessary to look exceptional and fem! :daydreaming:

I don't dress for comfort. I enjoy the claustrophobic feel of tite underthings, clothes, and discomfort of hi heels, etc. :eek:
My mirror tells me if I'm dressed satisfactorily.:battingeyelashes:

Of course, I'm a CD and dress 4 or 5 times a month. How about u?:)

Robertacd
01-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Depends on the occasion, my mood, phase of the Moon, etc... :P

But trying to blend in means I don't dress in "club wear" to go to the grocery store and I don't wear old ragged jeans and a t-shirt to the club.

Sarah Doepner
01-18-2018, 12:14 PM
I like to think I am casually and comfortably fabulous, but a second opinion usually drops the fabulous part of that.

sara66
01-18-2018, 12:52 PM
I usually dress up. Dresses, heels, makeup, etc... I can be comfortable in drab.
Sara

Stephanie47
01-18-2018, 01:11 PM
I readily admit I'm trapped in "Back to the Future" as in the "Leave It To Beaver" June Cleaver look. I suspect my ideal women formed in me based on the time period women's clothing drew my attention. I do not own a single pair of women's pants. The women around me in the 1950's and 1960's did not wear pants. For girls it was frilly party dresses or everyday dresses for school or even playing. As a young teenager (7th-8th grade) I was attracted to the store displays of mannequins adorned in shapewear, bras and girdles or dresses. So my ideal woman of today is one who wears a dress and proper undergarments. I feel no need to wear very restricting clothing because no all women are the "perfect" shape. Heck, watching some Youtube videos of corsets of years gone bye, it's like a torture chamber device. I feel very comfortable in a bra and panty, full slip,dress, and heels and hosiery. Most of my heels are 3 1/2 inches. Sometimes when at the mall and seeing young ladies wearing very high platform heels, I wonder what they are trying to achieve. I really do not know sometimes what exceptional (out of the ordinary?) or fem (feminine?) really means.

shellybme
01-18-2018, 01:20 PM
The goal is always to look fabulous. I am a bit too big to ever blend in, linebacker in a dress comes to mind. So I tuck and squeeze into anything that will make me feminine.

Kimmie WJ
01-18-2018, 01:24 PM
Doc, closet dresser and no way passable. So, I dress for my own entertainment. I am partial to tight fitting undergarments and sexy revealing outer garments. Think short skater skirts tight top, high sheen pantyhose, tennis skirts especially with contrasting piping.

~Joanne~
01-18-2018, 01:28 PM
I dress a little of both, I may wear a dress, hose, and heels, but forgo the padding and makeup. Never wear what the average GG wears, thats for sure

Teresa
01-18-2018, 01:36 PM
Sherry,
It will be more on a comfort level when I go full time , that doesn't mean I won't make an effort or think through what I choose to wear. I want to look femme even when walking the dog but being practical I need to keep warm and dry as well. Don't run this aspect down it isn't easy doing everyday just because you call it comfort dressing .
As for looking fabulous well that's very subjective we all have a different idea of that look , but unlike you I do like to look good but still feel comfortable . I love the way women carry that off !

Abbey11
01-18-2018, 01:47 PM
I dress to look fabulous darling :daydreaming: :D

Joni T
01-18-2018, 01:49 PM
I dress to blend.
Jon

RADER
01-18-2018, 01:50 PM
I dress mostly for comfort. Like now, I am wearing a fax leather skirt, a plane top, bra and panties,
and house slippers. Just doing some laundry and some computer time.
Rader

Jenny22
01-18-2018, 02:35 PM
At home, I dress mostly for comfort .. some time a little sexy, but not often. The few times I've been out (once with you, Doc), I've dressed and used makeup to blend and present as a woman.

Gillian Gigs
01-18-2018, 03:08 PM
Comfort, comfort, comfort, to me cami's, panties, pantihose are comfortable. A skirt is definitely more comfortable than pants!

valerie anne
01-18-2018, 04:21 PM
I need to dress for chest support and modesty!

Basically, a padded underwired bra everyday.

JeanTG
01-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Mostly I dress as if I were going to work in an office with a fairly conservative dress code or out to a nice restaurant on a special occasion, but often, simply for comfort especially if I have to do some housework that day. In summer, I like summer dresses for comfort and staying cool. Nothing a man can wear in summer can ever beat a nice summer dress for comfort.

EllenJo
01-18-2018, 04:53 PM
Comfort, comfort, comfort, to me cami's, panties, pantihose are comfortable. A skirt is definitely more comfortable than pants!

Thanks Gillian, you summed up exactly what I was going to say.

Hugs
Ellen Jo

sissythings
01-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Fabulous over comfort for me. I've dressed comfortably as a guy most of my life and found it to be incredibly boring. It's time for me to get out of my 'comfort' zone. I remember what a GG once said to me, "If I can't wear heels, I can't go"

Rollermiss
01-18-2018, 05:01 PM
Like others have said. Depends on where I plan on going when dressed. If it is out to eat to a casual place then nice casual cloths. Skirt/top or dress. Out to a higher end place. Maybe a more formal dress/ heels. Out shopping maybe jeans/t-shirt/sandals.

Kelsey

Pat
01-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Is this really a different question than the thread you already started https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?255418-CD-s-do-u-dress-sexy-If-not-why-not ? Or are you checking to see if the answers move when you phrase it the other way around?

Just to stay on topic, I'll note that I dress for comfort but that's because I dress full-time. When I dressed at irregular intervals I dressed what I'd call "flashy" because it was a rare treat and only I'd be seeing it. ;)

NicoleScott
01-18-2018, 05:56 PM
I dress to look fabulous ...... in my eyes.

Jenn A116
01-18-2018, 06:08 PM
Interesting question. I'd say it depends on my mood at the time. Sometimes its as fashionable as I can do it. Sometimes its just whatever is comfortable. Even when its just comfort, breast forms and hip pads are part of the outfit.

Rayleen
01-18-2018, 06:39 PM
I dress to look as pretty en femme mode...

Bra, forms, top, leggings or nylon stocking with skirt. wig, makeup , earrings , necklace.

also ordered heels to match.

Its probably for looks, But like to feel confortable when dresses

Rachael Leigh
01-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Well as just about a fulltime girl for me it’s most defiantly for comfort and practicality.
Especially for work, I work in a very casual environment so I wear a lot of jeans and sweaters right now

DIANEF
01-18-2018, 07:25 PM
It's a bit of both for me. Some days I'll pick something a bit glam out of the wardrobe and wear that. On other days I might plan on cleaning the oven, so something a bit more practical is needed. Depends on what mood I'm in usually.

NancySue
01-18-2018, 07:26 PM
70% comfort, 30% fab. Almost always underneath. Even though my wife disagrees, hose and underwires are comfortable.

Confucius
01-18-2018, 07:28 PM
I dress to look and feel as feminine as possible.

docrobbysherry
01-18-2018, 08:01 PM
Is this really a different question than the thread you already started https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?255418-CD-s-do-u-dress-sexy-If-not-why-not ? Or are you checking to see if the answers move when you phrase it the other way around?

Just to stay on topic, I'll note that I dress for comfort but that's because I dress full-time. When I dressed at irregular intervals I dressed what I'd call "flashy" because it was a rare treat and only I'd be seeing it. ;)
:o:heehee:

Vickie_CDTV
01-18-2018, 08:10 PM
If I am going out in public dressed, I dress to look fabulous. Like you Sherry I like the feel of tight girdles, corsets etc. too.

Sometimes Steffi
01-18-2018, 09:49 PM
Actually, a little bit of both, and sometimes both at the same time.

When I'm going out to blend in, I'm usually in jeans an a T-shirt or a knit top, depending on the season, Sometimes, I'll wear a very casual skirt.

But a lot of times, I dress to look fabulous, but not overly sexy. I'll wear a really cute dress, with matching accessories, just looking to get comments on how great I look.

But, honestly, I see hip and butt pads and shapers as a necessary evil. So, sometimes, I'll dispense with all the pads and shapers and just wear cotton panties from a multi-pack. The first time I ever did that, I found it so freeing. I could breathe, I could move around freely, and I could use the bathroom without pulling down layers of underwear, and them pulling them back up and repositioning "everything". Since then I'v done it many more times.

I've noticed that many women, particularly the younger ones, have no hips and butts. And many others way way too much hip and butts.

I alve dress how I want, and sometimes I just want to be "free to be me".

lingerieLiz
01-18-2018, 09:49 PM
comfort at my age I've done the other for years. Now I look like my women friends.

Karmen
01-18-2018, 10:00 PM
I always try to dress fabulous, but of course appropriately to the occasion.

Becky Blue
01-19-2018, 12:12 AM
I dress to look as realistically female as possible, but I am also happy to chuck on something pretty and comfortable if I am alone and not going out.

Beverley Sims
01-19-2018, 01:16 AM
These days more often for comfort.

Been there done that with flashy dressing, I stilldress to impress, but I just do it less often now.

CatchQueen
01-19-2018, 06:33 AM
Fabulous over comfort for me. I've dressed comfortably as a guy most of my life and found it to be incredibly boring. It's time for me to get out of my 'comfort' zone. I remember what a GG once said to me, "If I can't wear heels, I can't go"

Hear hear. I relate to this 100%

alwayshave
01-19-2018, 06:54 AM
When I dress, I fully dress, makeup, dress, heels.

Chanel-hilton
01-19-2018, 07:12 AM
To dress hot.
When I dress up I don't like to look like a man in a dress, so I steer away from anything too 'fabulous' - anything bright or sparkly I steer away from.
Anything simple and sexy, like what a girl would wear on a night out - that's what I'd wear

audreyinalbany
01-19-2018, 08:10 AM
I dress to be 'one of the fabulous girls."Day to day, I wear a day to day look, but if I've got the chance to present for a night out, I'll go all glam. Pretty much like the gg's out there. Dress for the occasion.

Sherrii
01-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Since I am not trying to pass and blend in and I enjoy the sexy/****ty look and like tight things that is usually what I wear. I do have some loose "comfortable" things too. Sherrii

Nikki A.
01-19-2018, 09:15 AM
I'm realistic enough to know that sexy will not work for me. I think that I like to be one of the better dressed ladies but not so far that I'm over dressed for the situation. I also need to be comfortable, no real high heels and to be honest except for certain outfits, ballet flats are my go shoes.

Denise S
01-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Dressing Fab is definitely fun, but I try to be realistic when I buying dresses and skirts. Also love the comfort feel of women’s clothing like right now sitting around at home in panty bra danskin leggings and a flowery pattern top.

Brandybea
01-19-2018, 11:10 AM
I don’t dress for comfort, but am somewhat closeted. I think if I was going out regularly I would try to “blend in” more. But my current dressing involves corsets, high heels, garters, and tight dresses!

susan54
01-19-2018, 11:35 AM
I don't see comfort and looking fabulous as alternatives. I tend to wear classy clothes from mid-market labels. They look great and are in comfortable fabrics. I don't wear shapewear or padding (other than breast forms) and feel perfectly comfortable. If you get fitted for your bra, wear leather shoes, earrings that clip gently and clothes that fit properly in natural fabrics there is no need to experience any discomfort at all. Even quite high heels can be comfortable if you choose carefully. Wigs can be uncomfortable in hot weather but if I am out in public a wig is obligatory. Upmarket stuff can be bought quite cheaply in sales - often more cheaply than from supermarkets or bargain basement stores like Primark. You just have to get lucky with timing.

docrobbysherry
01-19-2018, 12:31 PM
I beg to differ with u, Susan. Some of us feel that wearing shapers and hip/butt pads r as "obligatory" as wigs!:heehee:

Without those I'm simply a MIAD! Nothing fab about that!:sad:
When I'm out, with those on I can at least pass if folks only see me from behind!:battingeyelashes:

NicoleScott
01-19-2018, 01:13 PM
It's good that Susan can dress fabulously AND comfortably. But I agree with Doc - some things are uncomfortable but necessary for many of us.
I am a session dresser - a few hours of discomfort brings me maximum pleasure. Without a tightly laced corset, I don't have much of a waist. Sensible heels don't do it for me - I'm driven to wear the highest heels. Heavy makeup to cover a man's face. And a wig that I can't wait to put on - and take off. Same with clip-on earrings. Before I transform, putting on head-to-toe everything, I have to set the thermostat lower to avoid being uncomfortably hot and sweaty. The pleasure is worth the pain, or maybe the pleasure IS the pain.
Comfortable is a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops ..... in guy mode.

Ceera
01-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Much more to 'look fabulous', though I often manage to do that while remaining comfortable!

I go out in public en-femme a lot - several times per week. And my goal is to be seen and accepted as a cisgender female - or at the very least to be accepted and treated the same as any cisgender female would be, whether they clock me or not.

I guess you could say I am virtually always 'dressed', since my attire almost always includes at least 50% female clothing items,and my nails are always done, and earrings worn. My 'male presentation mode' is pretty much what you call 'dressing for comfort'. Panties, women's jeans, women's socks and shoes or women's sandals (footwear generally 1.5" heel or less), unisex t-shirt, nails done with acrylic nails and femme shape and color, pierced stud earrings. Maybe a sports bra under my shirt. But no makeup, perfumes, breast forms, hip pads, gaff/tuck, wig, or clearly femme jewelry (other than the stud earrings).

But when I go for a female presentation, it's all-out and 'fabulous'. As soon as I chose to wear breast forms, the rest has to follow, before I am even comfortable walking out of my bedroom door into the privacy of my home. Wig, breast forms, tucked with a gaff thong, hip pads; bra, panties, skirt or decidedly women's pants, blouse or maybe a women's t-shirt; feminine boots, or heels, or sandals, or sneakers, as appropriate to what I am doing that day; full makeup, though usually an understated, 'natural' look, with mascara but no eye shadow or eye liner; purse, bracelets and maybe a necklace, perfume, and definitely feminine earrings. All of it carefully coordinated and chosen to be appropriate for where I intend to go and what I intend to do. Cisgender women consistently complement me on the way I dress, and the style and look of my outfits, when presenting female, regardless of how casual or dressy I am presenting.

If I am getting my nails done, or shopping, or running errands, I'll wear relatively comfortable outfits similar to what most cisgender women would wear in that situation.

Yesterday, I was en-femme all day. In the morning - while getting my nails done, catching lunch at a mall restaurant, mall shopping, and grocery shopping - that meant a nice blouse, 3/4 length suede skirt, and boots with 3" chunky heels. When I got home, I switched to a women's t-shirt, women's jeans, and sneakers - but kept all the makeup, forms, padding etc. . Made dinner for my daughter and I, and then I added a women's winter coat and we went back to the grocery store together to get some things she wanted.

Contrast that to going to a nightclub or dance, or out to a nice restaurant dinner, where I would likely wear a much nicer blouse and a short skirt, and 3" or higher heels, and more elaborate makeup, with eye shadow and eye liner. Again chosen to reflect what a cisgender woman would wear in that setting. Sometimes very sexy, in a nightclub setting. But to me looking fabulous and looking 'sexy' are two different things. I can look fabulous and still be dressed conservatively enough to be seen at a church bazaar or bake sale, and have no one bat an eye.

My general guideline these days is, "Would I wear that in public, or in that particular setting, if I had been born a cisgender female and lived all my life as a woman?" I can answer 'yes' to that question for 95% of what is in my closet.

CynthiaD
01-19-2018, 03:06 PM
I dress every day, mostly for comfort. But every once in a while I've just got to look fabulous!

AllieBellema
01-19-2018, 05:11 PM
I would say looks since nothing I wear is considered casual!

Dana44
01-19-2018, 05:20 PM
I dress to blend in and sometimes fabulous.

Territx
01-19-2018, 06:02 PM
I dress to look the most feminine I can be - which includes a corset, wig (hair challenged), and all of the accessories, so I am not sure what category that falls into. I admit that wearing a corset and high heels are not the most comfortable at times, just like some of the earrings I have, but it is part of the "package and experience". Many times my twin will wear a wool suit, a tie and leather sole shoes that are not as comfortable as sweats, sneakers, etc. but that is part of that "package". Frankly, I enjoy being dressed so much that I do not usually think about any discomfort and, if I do not look "as good as I can be", then I would not do it.

Maybe I am just as mixed up about this part of my life as I sometimes think I am. :)

Fiona123
01-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Comfort and femininity to the extent i am able. Being a mature lady, I will never look fab. [Sigh]

docrobbysherry
01-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Ceera and Territx: we all dress differently but to one extent, exactly the same! Whatever we call it, we look in the mirror and like what we see!:daydreaming:
Or, not!:sad:

If we like what we see, that is the most important thing. If anyone else does? Well, that would be nice but it's not as important!:heehee:

It's good that Susan can dress fabulously AND comfortably. But I agree with Doc - some things are uncomfortable but necessary for many of us.
I am a session dresser - a few hours of discomfort brings me maximum pleasure. Without a tightly laced corset, I don't have much of a waist. Sensible heels don't do it for me - I'm driven to wear the highest heels. Heavy makeup to cover a man's face. And a wig that I can't wait to put on - and take off. Same with clip-on earrings. Before I transform, putting on head-to-toe everything, I have to set the thermostat lower to avoid being uncomfortably hot and sweaty. The pleasure is worth the pain, or maybe the pleasure IS the pain.
Comfortable is a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops ..... in guy mode.
Exactly! I couldn't have said it any better, Nicole!:hugs:

IamWren
01-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Like Terri, I dress to look as feminine, and I might say, blend in as much as possible. So fabulous... not so much but to get that blendy kind of look is nowhere near comfortable.

Wearing a wig and/or hajib is hot... really hot. The waist cincher makes it hard to breathe. I try to get as tight a tuck as possible and after a couple of hours that is definitely not comfortable. The inevitable itches that come only after makeup is finally finished.... so not comfortable. Hip pads, bewbs, plucking eyebrows, shaving to the point of scraping off skin, super glue on nails.

No! Absolutely not for the comfort but damn!... I feel pretty. Unfortunately, all that pain and work MAYBE let’s me blend in.

DaisyLawrence
01-20-2018, 03:20 AM
For comfort but sometimes glam it up at home for the fun of it.

Daisy x

Randi49
01-20-2018, 07:15 AM
I dress to blend in on top and be something else underneath.

Stacy Darling
01-20-2018, 09:27 AM
Well this CD is a Comfort Dresser by your description!

Comfy Girly Pretty Girl, probably wearing sandals and with a piece of fruit in her mouth!

"I Always look F.A.B Virgil!"

Stacy Tracy!

rockerreds
01-20-2018, 10:40 AM
Both- I feel more comfortable when dressed femme, and I like to look beautiful.

Sarasometimes
01-20-2018, 04:06 PM
I don't have many opportunities to go out dressed up but I wish I did since the look fabulous and endure the high heel sore feet, figure altering undies, pantyhose, the shortened stride form my snug pencil skirt...is a part of dressing I also kind of enjoy like Sherry.
So I may actually dress more comfortably but not truly by choice.

tammy1
01-20-2018, 06:08 PM
Sometimes i wake up in the morning ans just feel like putting on some of my 'she cloths" I find undies and nylons a real turn, comfortable an naural. I have a morning denim skirt i wear most mornings. My 3 inch slip on clogs are very comfy and i can wear them for hours without feeling ouchie. I dress for comfort as I am an in-houde CDer aching to explore outside adventures.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like some of my favorite wear items.

Nancie64
01-20-2018, 06:27 PM
At this ripe old age, I do like to dress as nice as possible. Was in Vegas over New Year but didn't go out until that Wednesday, the 3rd. Yes it was boots with my best blue dress, full under dress, full makeup, with my wig. Ended up out at Alianti for hours, felt so good and so comfortable, the night ended to soon. Never wear jeans or pants, skirt, or dress, isn't that what it is about?

Alice_2014_B
03-16-2018, 05:38 PM
Mine is a blend of sorts.
First and foremost I dress to look fabulous! LoL!

High heels no less than four and a half inches high out in public, but mostly six to six and a half inches high. Given a little platform of course.
Do they hurt at times? Yes, but I don't mind, at least for now.

My girl-clothing is generallly loose fitting, except for my blue dress; it's not super tight-fitting, but is snug.

No shapers or pads for me.

Blending?
I think I kind of do, but its not that much of a concern for me.
(I'm an attention-*****, at least that is what some consider me as, in a flattering way.)

I cannot take the feeling of claustrophobic clothing and accessories.
(Except collars and chokes, love 'em!)
It just reminds me of wearing a chem-suit in full MOP.
Or battle armor.
No bad memories associated with either, but it just always leaves me with an icky feeling.

In summation:
I go with comfort whilst attempting to look fabulous as possible.
I dig the discomfort of high heels.

:)