PDA

View Full Version : Two months on HRT

Dorit
01-22-2018, 10:07 AM
I am the 70 year old that began HRT two months ago.:) I would add that I am an exceptionally healthy person, never having had any kind of health problems all my life. So today I had by first check up at the endocrinology clinic after two months. My testosterone dropped from 3.7 ng/ml to .15 ng/ml. The doctors were satsified, no need to change anything here. My estrogen went up from 20.7 ng/ml to 23.7 ng/ml. (I hope I have all these units correct) Once again I was asked if I had not been taking female hormones on my own before I came to them! No way ,I replied. It seems that I naturally have a high level of estrogen for a genetic male. However, the doctors were not satisfied with the small increase and changed my estrogen medication from pills to patches.

I left the clinic very happy. It was very encouraging and validating. Lately I have a new peace and acceptance about myself as being transgender. I believe it is a combination of the HRT and some very good sessions I have been having with my therapist that is the cause.
And thank You all for being there too! This forum has been a gift to me. :love:

AllieSF
01-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Congratulations and may the fun begin!