PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right wig colour to suit

Gemma Rhodes
03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Girls,

Just wondering how many wigs you had to try before you found the one that suits you. I started off (like most, I would think) with a blonde one but it didn't look right, I then bought a brown one which I quite liked and was happy with until I tried a red one on at a dressing service and it suited me so much that I bought it.

So, how many wigs do you have and how many do you wear on a regular occasion.

Gemma xx

Billijo49504
03-14-2006, 12:19 PM
I think I've got 6 or 8 wigs around here. I made several mistakes on short blonde wigs. Then I realized I don't look good in short blonde wigs. I have a shoulder lenght brown one I wear most often, and a short red one I like a lot. Then there is a curly black wig and a dark brown one. I finally figured out how not to make more mistakes, bring someone with me to the wig store. Usually it's the wife who goes with me to look...BJ

Sophie
03-14-2006, 12:33 PM
I have 4 wigs of different colours and lengths, but my most wearable on is a shoulder length brown one which is the best everyday one. My favorite is my long blonde one but it's pretty difficult to take care of.

All but one came from contrast wigs (http://www.contrastwigs.com/) which seems to be really good value. and at these prices i feel like i can afford to buy before i try!! (to some extent!)

Sophie

EricaCD
03-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Four and I'm still not happy with the results. But I love shopping so it kinda evens out :)

Shelly Preston
03-14-2006, 01:18 PM
I once read to get one as close to your natural hair colour as possible.

It may not work for everyone but it did for me.

Nikki Dee
03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi. Gemma...think I'm up to about 7 or 8 now...but my current one is the one I think I will settle on....but who knows.!!!!
Love Nikki. xxxx

Cheryl T
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I have 3 at the moment. 2 from stores on Ebay and one from a local wig shop. I rustled the nerve and approached a lady in the local shop telling her that I was shopping for myself and she happily assisted me in my quest. Together we selected about a dozen styles and colors and went to a private room where I tried them all on and with her help selected on appropriate for my skin color and face shape. It was so nice not having to guess and have it end up in the closet (no pun).
You'd be surprised how helpful some can be. Perhaps a call ahead to feel out the shop would be best, but I just jumped in with both stockinged feet.... lol.

Teresa Amina
03-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Always wanted long dark brown hair with bangs, so that's what I got first. Absolutely thrilled, sometimes if I feel like wearing 'Something' I'll just put that on.

Karren H
03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Had 16 wigs at the pinnacle but down to the 3 I love the most, Auburn, Brunett, and black. All human hair. Seriously thinking about getting another blonde wig. Thats fun hair!!!

Love Karren

Phoebe Reece
03-14-2006, 10:08 PM
I am not sure how many I have. I think around a dozen. I usually wear one for quite awhile (several years) and then when I come across something I think looks a little better on me, I make a change and don't go back to wearing any of the old ones. I could get rid of all my extra ones, except they are sometimes used for Halloween or a stage play.

Fallen Angel
03-14-2006, 10:17 PM
I as well tryied the blonde,short and long and was not happy tryied my own hair color in straight and curly its was ok but still wasnt happy decided to try aurburn and like the look of it and have stayed with that color for just about ever and just own the one you always see me in xxxx

Tina_m
03-15-2006, 03:31 PM
I need a wig I have been shopping for my first and could use help. Can anyone give me some tips. I was thinking either short or medium length. My natural hair color is dirty blonde. Are there colors that are better, it is so confusing.

Tina

rachel1985
03-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Urmmm, none, as i have a full head of lovely brown hair, which i prefer as black, and it runs majority of my back, great for lovemaking! hehe.

Depends on the persons face too.

jackie
03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Hey Gremma I have three , the first of course , blonde, hate it !the 2nd is the little black one I wear most of the time, got lucky with that one ,I also have a over the shoulder darkish brown that i realy like but there's something wrong, I started a thread today , and there;s a pic. of me with it on asking for help with it, take a look an see what u think , I would realy like some input Thanks Jackie