PDA

View Full Version : Made It Out Last Night

Melanie Moxon
01-29-2018, 04:11 PM
With my parents being out of town for the weekend I decided that now was as good a time as any to get out of the house. So I got myself together, bra on, chicken fillets in shaping underwear on, cute socks, womens jeans, my favorite pink and white hooped long sleeve top, my makeup consisted of beard cover, clinique foundation and powder, max factor matte purple lip paint and some mascara, ooh and some fetching pearlescent blue (Max Factor No. 14 dazzling blue) nail polish.

I watched the clock on my PC tick towards the time I needed to depart to be on time and headed towards the back door, I slipped my feet into Mustang brown flat boots and zipped them up, and put my distressed look black leather jacket on. My phone, purse, powder compact and lip paint in small bag. I stepped out of the back door, locked it and slipped my keys into the internal key pouch and legged it to my car, thunk (rattle rattle - it is a Ford after all), safe inside. You see the biggest problem I have is next door, the old lady stands there and smokes staring out of the back window, seriously, I can't even check my cars tyre pressures and vital fluids without being gawked at. Next door but one have put up a wicker screen along their fence to afford them some privacy; we share a drive so that isn't doable for us.

Anyway I fire the car up and run off quick, anybody familiar with a 2006 Mustang GT knows that even on a stock exhaust the cold start is rather aurally resplendent, this one has a sports exhaust and sounds amaaaaazing, anyway it's in gear quietened down and I am off and gone, my pulse goes back to normal on the short drive to my friends house where the plan was to sit and watch TV, play Exploding Kittens and eat food.

My friends are fantastic, I was best man at his and his husbands wedding earlier in the year (yes I was envious of every pretty dress and pair of cute shoes on display) and I felt really comfortable round at their place. Sadly I had to leave as I needed to be up for work the next day and I needed time to de-Melissa, I drove sedately on the way home, one because I wanted to maximise my time as myself and to not draw attention to myself. I was home uneventfully and sadly began the process of removing the clothes makeup and nail varnish, I washed the hair spray out of my wig and after patting dry and combing it through left it to dry.

Sorry no photos (I'm not very good at this am I); I only did one selfie in the car but I look more scared than happy and one at my friends house.

kimdl93
01-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a pleasant evening. The time will come when you have a place of your own and won’t have to worry about parents or neighbors. Till then, relish these moments and appreciate your friends.

This is might be a bit much to ask, but perhaps they would be willing to facilitate your dressing... a place to stash clothes, get made up etc.

Melanie Moxon
01-29-2018, 04:31 PM
It was wonderful :)

They have already offered me a "Melissa Drawer" if I want to have it.

Samm
01-29-2018, 07:12 PM
I made it out last night also! I under dressed as much as I could, and finished off in the car. Not ideal, I know. I drove around a bit, and found restaurant near a hotel. I parked somewhere in between, got out, and walked to the hotel and back. It felt great being outside, but it was cold, so that was enough for me. Drove the 30 minutes back a happy girl. I did, however, try taking a few selfies, but I seemed to have the same results you did. So I deleted them. On the bright side, there were no exploding kittens on my little adventure.:D
I'm glad your night went well.

Sami Brown
01-29-2018, 10:31 PM
Sounds like a terrific evening! I bet you can't wait for your parent's next trip out of town.

Sami

Jaymees22
01-29-2018, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a fun "Miss Adventure". You are lucky to have friends to hang out with. Where I used to live I had a very nosy downstairs neighbor and really had to plan my going out carefully.

Beverley Sims
01-30-2018, 02:50 AM
When you get your own place you can spread your wings even more.

What happens now is good experience fo later on.

Melanie Moxon
01-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Its all about building confidence and finding my feet (well I know where they are and I left the red nail polish on my toenails :heehee:) suggestions have been made that we go out during the day for Sunday lunch which I think I am up to.

I have other friends in the local area that are also happy to host me as I get changed; its just getting out of the house with a bigger bag than normal that has everything in that I need.

Sounds like a terrific evening! I bet you can't wait for your parent's next trip out of town.

Sami

Indeed, being able to use my own space for getting ready is a huge plus, which is why I am ditching the "sports car" and using the money for a deposit on my own place; well it's either that or give up flying and after 8 & 1/2 years of fun the Mustang is going.

leannejacobs
01-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Although I have a supporting wife I also have other options, especially for when I'm out of town, I drive a medium sized mini van/motor caravan, it's a mobile dressing room, any time I go away from home my clothes come too,, maybe an idea for your next mode of transport.

Melanie Moxon
01-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Having a supporting wife must be fantastic, my hope is that when its all said and done there will be somebody out there for who I am.

Once I get my own place my issues will be sorted; the neighbours opinions will be irrelevant to me, the only reason they are an issue at the moment is because of the 'gossip' and it will only make things worse with any parental situation should they find out about anything by gossip.

Sadly a bit big for what I need, I'm actually looking at a 2006+ Daihatsu Terios, yes its a bit of a come down from the Mustang I'll admit but when the Mustang guzzles through £55 ($77) of petrol to do 200 miles (and that is driving it like I am driving Miss Daisy) I want something a bit more frugal, living in my own place will cost more than living at home and the more money I can save in areas like that the more money I have to spend elsewhere.