PDA

View Full Version : Observations today, Trans women or not

Becky Blue
01-30-2018, 12:28 AM
I had a working lunch meeting today with a few people, directly in my line of vision two women were sitting at a table. They caught my attention due to a few factors (besides the meeting I was at being very boring). Firstly they were sitting next to each other, not across the table. Secondly they were talking very intimately and quietly but quite animated. Thirdly they may well have been Trans. Both had biggish hands and the one had large feet too ( I could not see the others).

What i found so interesting was, that even with all my exposure to this community of ours I could not work out if they were two slightly masculine GG's or two trans women. Unfortunately I was too far away to hear them speak, but its a great message to people here who are scared to go out as they won't pass, here were most likely two GG's who both just looked a bit on the masculine side. They could well have been sisters.

Rachelakld
01-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Wasn't me and my girlfriend, due to the heat here, our last outing we were both in boy mode drinking beer to cool down

Beverley Sims
01-30-2018, 02:32 AM
Becky, stay out of the heat, about 115 deg F is Sydney I believe.

Okay, it is hard to tell sometimes.

docrobbysherry
01-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Becky, the only way I or some other dressers could be mistaken for GG's if we were 100 yards away at midnite during in a black out!:doh:

Becky Blue
01-31-2018, 12:56 AM
Beverely, luckily I am in Melbourne and its actually rather cool today around 70, we did have 110 2 days ago tho

Teresa
01-31-2018, 01:46 AM
Becky,
There lies the question of passing ! They could have been in your words " Trans or masculine featured GGs , even you as a CDer questioned it . That's how we have to pitch it if we are out and about , don't go OTT and don't make it an act be natural and confident . Also seeing them as a couple in conversation made it look more natural , obviously not worrying too much what others were doing or saying .

Tracii G
01-31-2018, 01:45 PM
How were the other patrons reacting to them?
You could have mis gendered you know.

Becky Blue
01-31-2018, 04:16 PM
Tracii, they were kind of on their own, it was a big restaurant they were in the back corner and that is exactly my point I was struggling to figure out if they were trans or GG's..

Teresa, they were deep in conversation the entire time I was there..

Tracii G
01-31-2018, 04:28 PM
I had to ask the question because I have been thru that in a restaurant situation like that.
I had to leave because because of a bigot.

Lana Mae
01-31-2018, 04:40 PM
After my counseling session, I went out to eat at a local restaurant! The crowd at this restaurant is a good average of those living in this area. There were two older women there with their husbands and I could not help noticing how masculine the ladies looked! Another who was with them I could have mistaken for one of us, but I don't really think she is! It sort of gave me a little confidence boost! Oh, and one had pearl earrings like mine! Hugs Lana Mae

jacques
01-31-2018, 07:01 PM
hello,
I have sometimes wondered about some people I see - but decided that unlesssomeone is wearing a badge that says "ask me about transgenderism" they might not appreciate me wandering up and expressing my admiration...
luv J

Teresa
02-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Becky ,
I know the feeling , when I get into a conversation I'm oblivious to the World .