PDA

View Full Version : Second Life anyone?

MarinaTwelve200
02-01-2018, 11:06 AM
For those who don't know about it, a GREAT virtual world exists called "Second Life" where you can design your own avatar and socially interact with other players in different worlds and environments. You can also buy all kinds of clothing, buy land, build things and even start a business. Even at it's free level you have access to most anywhere and can create your own avatar---There is lots of free stuff too. What I have done though, is have one premium account, where I have built a house and a studio---where I make illustrations for graphic Novels and storyboards (out of staged avatars and built sets) and do screen copies with the snipping tool. I also use the premium account to give money to my avatars on my free accounts money to buy clothing, etc. with.

The site is great for CDers and lots of fun

Micki_Finn
02-01-2018, 11:24 AM
I’ve heard of it. It’s been mentioned a few times on these forums as well. I prefer the real world personally.

Robertacd
02-01-2018, 11:41 AM
13 year SL veteran, come to the welcome area in Ahern I am usually there in the evening, around 7:00 pm or so Linden time.

docrobbysherry
02-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Marina!:thumbsup:

But, I don't have time for playing online games. As I do or have done all the things you've listed in your post, (and a lot more I can't chat about here:o), in my real life and in both Sherry's real and imaginative ones!:D

Dana44
02-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Yes I have second life. Don,t run it often.

EmmyAnnRose
02-01-2018, 01:45 PM
This sounds like an interesting game

JasmeVee
02-01-2018, 02:26 PM
11 years ago when outfitting my female avatar, i would watch sim traffic to shop because i was positive every person there would know my facade.
The odd part is SL gave me that boost to have a go at it in reality.
The concept of a forum meetup has been brought up before as well.
Shoot me a message if anyone wants to try

Robertacd
02-01-2018, 03:48 PM
BTW, anyone wants to meet up in SL feel free to message me and we can trade SL names.

Kayliedaskope
02-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Not Second Life, but I'm a regular on IMVU.

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?252396-IMVU-Second-Life-World-of-Warcraft-and-others&highlight=

bridget thronton
02-02-2018, 09:45 AM
I still have avatars on SL and some of the newer spinoffs - I enjoyed my time a great deal but work is keeping me too busy to enjoy VW right now