PDA

View Full Version : Who's taking your photos?

tammy1
02-01-2018, 08:09 PM
I've been seeing all these wonderful pics in the photo gallery. So the bigquestion is simply, "Who took that one". May it's your wife, girlfriend, partner, lover, you get the picture.

Tammy

Sami Brown
02-01-2018, 08:24 PM
I take my own photos, using a tripod and a camera with a timer.

Sami

NicoleScott
02-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Digital camera, tripod, shutter timer, some extra lighting in addition to flash. In other words, me. If I ask my wife, she'll take a few, but I always take more than a few, so again, me.

mattfrykowski
02-01-2018, 08:49 PM
I haven't taken any photos yet. Still easing into this with my wife. I was thinking if I get to the point that I want to see myself dressed I would take a photo of myself...tripod, digital timer etc. Glad to hear that others are doing that as well. For me though I am not sure if I want to see what I look like dressed. I have never tried to make myself up with makeup except maybe some lipstick. I like the way the clothing looks and feels on my. Not to be self deprecating but I think I would be an ugly women, I hope that isnt wrong to say but I am quite masculine looking. Just today I painted my toenails for the first time ever, they don't feel different but my feet look great :)

Tracii G
02-01-2018, 08:53 PM
Normally I take my own but there are a few that have been taken by a female friend.

docrobbysherry
02-01-2018, 09:49 PM
I get help occasionally. But, my best photos r taken with my camera timer!:D

Becky Blue
02-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Some of mine are from professional makeovers, some are taken by friends and others by the camera timer

DIANEF
02-01-2018, 09:59 PM
I have a camera with timer, my current avatar is a phone selfie.

Heidi Stevens
02-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Regular camera on a tripod using the self timer set at 10 seconds.

Laurana
02-01-2018, 10:44 PM
I just use my phone say "shoot" and it takes it automatically.

Jaymees22
02-01-2018, 11:03 PM
My trusty tri-pod, I wore out the first one so invested in a better one. I use the camera timer set it to take 3 consecutive shots and try to move around a little. Usually need about 10 pictures to get something not too scary.

Tracii G
02-01-2018, 11:07 PM
I wish mine would take 3 in succession. I looked thru the manual and didn't see that option.
That would be handy for sure

Michaelasfun
02-01-2018, 11:20 PM
All me whether in the mirror, or with a camera/tripod/self-timer. Luckily since we're now in the digital age, I can afford to take 100 and keep the 2 good ones lol

Princess Chantal
02-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Majority of my pictures are done by my friends with their cameras and my life partner with my camera. Rarely I do selfies and never liked any used by the self timer. A transgender friend hosted professional photo nights for the local crossdressing social group and I did not like the experiences of being told to pose in a certain way, when to smile, etc stuff that needs to be done to achieve a successful picture. For some reason I just can’t get the smile timed to the delayed “cheese” or hold the smile or pose long enough. I am more comfortable with short notice camera posing and tend to like when someone takes pictures when I am naturally enjoying the fun outings or socializing

Jaylyn
02-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Own pictures are taken by me. I use a camera with a timer, tripod, and sometimes a flash if needed. Most of mine are taken with the same back drop. Have thought I might try and take a few outside on the back porch with the same procedure. Digital is the only way to go, also get a camera that has a ten second timer and can reset with a push of the button.

Vikky
02-02-2018, 02:48 AM
I use a DSLR with tripod and timer.

Isabella Ross
02-02-2018, 03:28 AM
My wife does take some of my photos, but the majority are taken by me. Nikon DSLR, remote shutter, tripod, inexpensive lighting kit.

DaisyLawrence
02-02-2018, 03:43 AM
My wife.

faltenrock
02-02-2018, 03:46 AM
I mostly do selfies, but I also ask people on the street, bar tenders and others to tanke my pictures for me.

Lisa Gerrie
02-02-2018, 07:17 AM
To avoid posing for timers I use a 1080p home-video camera on a tripod, then select stills from the frames of video.

Stacy Darling
02-02-2018, 07:37 AM
I use a cute little white phone, sat upon the Earth or something else flat. It's the only phone in my house which is allowed to be locked as it gets left on the beach when I go in!

I'm a 1 in 50 chance of something decent! 49th was my latest Avatar~!

Stacy!

Majella St Gerard
02-02-2018, 08:07 AM
usually I use my phone camera selfie mode with timer, phone propped up. sometimes I'll ask a friend to take a couple if I'm out.

Sabrina.K
02-02-2018, 08:21 AM
I use a tripod and timer. But I don't post pictures because I don't want to give people nightmares.

Elizabeth G
02-02-2018, 08:51 AM
I mostly take them myself but have a few taken by a friend.

Krisi
02-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Digital camera with a self timer. Sometimes with a tripod but mostly just setting the camera on a shelf or piece of furniture.

I am old enough to remember having a long rubber tube with a squeeze bulb on one end and a plunger that screwed into the camera shutter button on the other end. With that, I could get myself set and squeeze the bulb to take the photo.

My real problem is, there's no place in my house to take good photos. Too much clutter.

Suzi Q
02-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Almost all my pictures are taken by random people that I have asked if they would mind taking a picture of me. I usually give them a reason such as "My brother had a car like this" or "My kids used to play here in the park". Everyone has been very helpful and will take a couple shots. I carry a Canon PowerShot A2500 in an outside pocket of my purse. I've never had anyone go with me on my outings. I have even been taking a photo in a mirror at the shoe store and had a clerk come up and offer to take a picture for me.
Suzi Q

5150 Girl
02-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Another vote for camera timer

Tracii G
02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
I set mine for 10 seconds and get into position.

Jenny22
02-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Phone camera selfies or selfies with blue tooth remote on a small tripod. HELP!! I use a Samsung Galaxy android phone. I'm ready to try to post some photos on the Forum, but this old girl is not a techie and I don't know how. I'd like to post directly to the forum and not go thru my PC. If you can help me, please PM me. Thanks!

ClosetED
02-02-2018, 04:13 PM
I use my good digital camera, additional flash unit on top rather than built in, sometimes turn on other local lighting. A good tripod and the 10 second timer. I have used the WiFi and smartphone app to control it remotely, but then need to get phone out of the picture. I process them in Photoshop to autocorrect lighting levels and contrast. Sometimes I blur out hair on arms and chest. And save a smaller version for posting here (cropped and lower JPEG quality). I have confirmed this website strips off the metadata from the picture, so the GPS coordinates are lost.
Hugs, Ellen

Luci
02-02-2018, 05:59 PM
I usually take my own. I have a friend with a camera that’s pretty good at taking pics. He knows I dress but hasn’t seen me dressed yet. I might ask him about taking pics for me soon...

MarinaTwelve200
02-02-2018, 06:14 PM
I take my own. Sometimes with a cannon digital, but now, more often with my COMPUTER camera. A really good Idea, is to take high rez VIDEO then you can pause and snip some really good and unexpected frames. I also play around a bit with contrast and brightness, and sometimes zap out a mole or two. But that's about it. I wanna see what I'm supposed to look like, and not some distorted or altered form.

Gwen M
02-02-2018, 06:21 PM
There is a great article on the sister house site about taking photos.

DanielleDubois
02-02-2018, 07:15 PM
I have gone the camera timer route in the past but never liked the running to get into position. On a lot of cameras you have to reset the timer which with long nails can be problematic especially on touch screens on a smartphone.
When I got a wireless remote for my DSLR I was in heaven. I could calmly pose and take multiple photos of the same pose easily. I now use a $10 bluetooth remote and tripod with my iPhone and would never go back to using a timer. The iPhone takes acceptable photos but I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my DSLR when I moved to Australia.

Sandra_Dodds
02-02-2018, 07:25 PM
When I get the opportunity [which seems less and less these days :sad:] I use a tripod and wireless remote. I'd previously used the 10s timer and also a shutter release cable, but paying AU$30 for a wireless remote was the best investment ever; so many more shots are in focus and have a better pose.

A small tip - even with a wireless remote, put your camera on 2s delay so you can re-position your hand or conceal the device.

Beverley Sims
02-02-2018, 07:38 PM
My wife takes my photos these days.

I get many shots to choose from now.

All shots are generally under my direction. Some of the candid shots she has instigated have turned out better than those I have directed.

Maybe she is better at visualising me better than I am. :-)

Tina Davis
02-02-2018, 08:51 PM
When I take pictures, I use a small digital camera with a 10 second timer. I don't often take a lot of photos as I would rather spend the time doing other things while dressed.

Stephanie47
02-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Decades ago I use to take pictures with a film camera with a timer. Maybe I was more brazen or adventurous in the late 1970's because I had to get them developed at a store. I was in my early 30's and I do remember I looked passable in a picture because there was no reference to gauge my height.

AllieBellema
02-03-2018, 08:39 AM
I usually setup my Nikon D3100 on a tripod and put it on a 10 second timer when I take most of mine. There's some I'll take with my phone and maybe use a selfie stick too.

Samantha2015
02-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Bathroom mirror, DSLR on tripod, 10 second timer. Will add a flash or two off camera in slave mode usually.
I shoot into the mirror so I can see how stupid my posing looks
before hitting the shutter button LOL

ToniG
02-03-2018, 10:36 PM
All of mine are taken in my narrow kitchen. Kept having issues kicking the tripod trying to get around it--so went to having the Fuji set up on the pull-out cutting board. The all-angle mount screwed into the Fuji is held in a vise sitting on the partially-out board. Now can set the 10sec timer-and get into position w/o disturbing the camera. Odd set-up, but it does the job! Working to improve the lighting. And of course- have to crop-out the kitchen counters on each side. :) Toni G..

rachel_rachel
02-04-2018, 06:52 AM
I use my iPhone, a tripod and a Bluetooth remote.

Teresa
02-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Tammy,
Some are taken with a camera on a tripod using a self timer , I have had some interesting results when the timer didn't give me the full ten seconds !! I always stand a full length mirror alongside the camera so I can get the position and pose about right , then realise I've forgotten to remove my glasses .

My more recent pictures and my avatar are taken by members of my social group at the hotel where we meet .