PDA

View Full Version : Your preferred term?

Littleg2
02-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Good Morning,

I have been reading through the forum here for some time now and I have a question:

What do you call what you do, in regards to your crossdressing?

A way of life.
A hobby.
Your dressing.
Your secret.
Your dirty little secret, etc.

I have seen these terms and others, so am curious what you call it, if anything.

I hope this isn’t taken offensively, I am genuinely curious. I am not trying to offend anyone, so if you think perhaps I shouldn’t be asking or that it’s just your “life”, and there is no term, that’s fine, but please don’t be upset with me asking everyone, as I know that’s not the case. I would also hope that if others have defined it as something, we can respect that and not judge or say you “don’t understand”, unless you would like them to expend.

I specifically added “dirty little secret”, because that’s what Monnica referred to it as for most of her life (my lovely SO cd'er). But, now it seems less “dirty”, less defined, almost to an “I don’t’ know what to call it” type situation.

I look forward to reading your responses.

Regards,
g

sometimes_miss
02-06-2018, 12:57 PM
I call it wearing clothes. I get chilly when I don't. I've worn both male and female styles virtually all of my life. Left to my own choices, I would dress as a girl probably 90% of the time, but there are times when I would prefer men's clothes as well (which is also how lots of women feel, as men's clothing is often more utilitarian so it is simply more likely to be worn when needing to do some specific chore rather than for the clothes to be decorative).

Jaylyn
02-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Lol not your dressing but it is just me and my dressing. I find it similar to a hobby sometimes, a feel good and right type of hobby. A secret that only my wife keep, sometimes it can turn dirty or should I say a sexy kind of dirty. I've been doing it since I was small with a few vacations from it but it's kind of developing into a way of life. That's still kept a secret to all but me this forum and my lovely wife.

Kelly DeWinter
02-06-2018, 01:11 PM
I have to agree with sometimes_miss. It's just wearing clothes. Now what someones spouse,gf,bf or SO call it may be more in line with those terms.

NicoleScott
02-06-2018, 02:07 PM
It's some of all of the above.
A lifetime of doing it,
Hobby elements,
Dressing up my way, not for others,
Only my wife knows, so our secret,
A sexual excitement aspect to it, so there's no need to come out to friends, co-workers, or family.

Jodie_Lynn
02-06-2018, 02:15 PM
My preferred term?

"Goddess of the Dark Realm Twixt the Stars"

Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone who is willing to use my proper title.......

As for the OP, it is just my life. Although, I am somewhat hard pressed when discussing what this community does in concrete terms.
"lifestyle?" not really, didn't choose this
"hobby?" not a fecking chance! The hardships this can bring belie this term
"dirty little secret?" That's what MOST of muggle society would like to refer to it as. Because, ya know, we are engaging in some perverted shenanigans.... :straightface:
"disorder?" yeah, no. Same with 'malady', 'illness', or 'deviance'.

Tracii G
02-06-2018, 02:23 PM
Its my way of life I dress this way all the time.
I'm out as a TG person its just some days I appear with make up on and in full girl mode.
Other days I'm the same just no or very little make up.
I really don't know what to call me so "me " works fine.
At the grocery or other places I might be referred to as Ma'am some places no reaction either way.

CONSUELO
02-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Its just being me. A part of my life. Not a hobby and not a secret and certainly not a dirty little secret. What's dirty about it?

Teresa
02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
Litttleleg,
It has evolved into a way of life.

I've expressed my feelings on calling a hobby , too many people get hurt for that term .

It's been secret for far too long and maybe it is a dirty secret to my wife .

It's really an acceptance of my inner feelings , the outer appearance is enjoyable and tells the World how I feel inside . Across our spectrum there will always be someone who is offended we are all different , what makes one tick has no bearing on others .

Devi SM
02-06-2018, 03:43 PM
My wife calls it "your thing" that bothers me.
For a while i called it cding, but I'd been changing more and more to transition so now it's my real life...
The male presentation is for a while I can go trough the process to totally out. So every morning I wake up, do my hair, dress androgynous because I drop a girl from my wife's business at school, then get home and fully dress but no make up so if anybody shows up I can quickly change to male and I stay the rest of the day in that way except I had to do some errands.
I'm waiting to move out to another house and go out with my kids so soon my life will be full time woman...
So this is my life...

JulesLynne
02-06-2018, 03:44 PM
It’s a valid and honest question, and even I don’t have a simple one word description. So yes, it’s my secret, it’s my hidden 5% side, it’s life as a CD. Much like other things that I do to relax and relieve stress (swim, bike, run, hike), I don’t know why I’m drawn to certain hobbies and not others. Along those lines, dressing is also a bit of a hobby in the sense that there are tangible skills that needed to be mastered, practice makes perfection, and I enjoy the pursuit of becoming good at this hobby. Regardless of the name it’s also my stress outlet and key to being whole. I recently came to the revelation that I no longer want to suppress it, and I’m much better for dealing with whatever “it” is.

Bottom line: “it” is all of those things wrapped into one, and “it” is also fundamentally woven into my personality.

ambigendrous
02-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Both my wife and I call it "getting comfortable"...

Ariana225
02-06-2018, 04:02 PM
“In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.”
Etta Turner

I conceded it just being myself. It’s the way I was programmed and I was born this way. I consider myself non binary the more I think of it. So dressing up in whatever I want is just that.

carolyn todd
02-06-2018, 04:26 PM
I would say got right at last.

if i text some one or some one ask what i am doing i say I AM UP TO MISCHIEF.

Carolyn

Asew
02-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Both my wife and I call it "getting comfortable"...

I might borrow this term :)

But since I love dresses and skirts so much I usually use the term dressing.

Rollermiss
02-06-2018, 04:57 PM
For me it is called living. I wear feminine clothing all the time I am not at work. Which requires specific work cloths but I have even gotten female versions of those too.

Kelsey

Allisa
02-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Read my shirt

LeannS
02-06-2018, 05:23 PM
I will also use the term getting comfortable. My time dressing has nothing to with sex as I am in a dadt relationship and even if I wasn't I wouldn't bring it into the bedroom.
I enjoy the time that I get to dress up.

Jenny22
02-06-2018, 06:40 PM
For me, a TG, its simply Necessary. My girl side MUST be expressed daily and as continuesly as circumstances permit.

RADER
02-06-2018, 07:04 PM
I call it getting comfortable.
Because when I am in a skirt, I am very comfortable.
Rader

Majella St Gerard
02-06-2018, 08:07 PM
I refer to it as "getting pretty ".

LaurenS
02-07-2018, 07:05 AM
I might borrow this term :)

But since I love dresses and skirts so much I usually use the term dressing.

Funny coincidence! Ny wife and I used that phrase for over 20 years.

ClosetED
02-07-2018, 07:34 AM
The choice of phrase is a label - and labels mean different things to different people. You might even choose to use one phrase to one person and a different one to another based on your understanding of what they associate with the phrase.
To someone who knows nothing about crossdressing and only what the media shows about transexuals, and you wish to minimize what they think abut what they just discovered you do, you might call it a hobby. To your spouse who found your stash and is willing to calmly discuss, you might use dirty little secret or secret. Once you feel accepted by the person, you would likely call it a way of life. 'Your dressing' carries a bit more emotional baggage than 'hobby' and less than 'your secret'.
If you aren't sure of the other person's thoughts on CDing, then "I don't know what to call it" covers your bases until you do.
With your loving support, Monnica may now feel less guilt than many normally do, deviating from societal standards, and be able to call it "A way of life" to you, but not always to others.
Other terms people have used is addiction, yet it does not respond to other addiction treatments. 'Pink fog' behavior is close to addiction behavior, so the term gets brought up.
Hobby connotes, to me, a set of actions that a person chooses purely for enjoyment. We do get enjoyment, and a hobbyist will feel "disappointed" by not doing their hobby. If we don't get to dress, I think the word is a bit stronger. Maybe a runner's high is the level we get, and a runner who can't run might feel that withdrawal of natural endorphins (natural pain killers like opioids), again making it seem an addiction. But I think this is genetically in us to respond this way to feeling feminine (in whatever that means to each of us) so it is not as voluntary as a hobby like model trains. Many of us here have other hobbies like woodworking that we don't feel as strongly if we don't do it.

I know you also write long explanations to try to fully get your point across correctly, so I tried to give a fuller opinion. YMMV
Hugs, Ellen

Stacy Darling
02-07-2018, 08:16 AM
"This makes me uncomfortable!"

It's a Stacy term!
Stacy!

Fantastic picture Allisa, blue seems to be your colour too!
Stacy!

NancySue
02-07-2018, 08:42 AM
Put me in the “get comfortable”category. My supportive wife can’t understand and teases me about how can I be comfortable in hose, underwires, shapers, heels, etc. well, I can and do and am.

Sabrina.K
02-07-2018, 08:49 AM
My secret.

I don't know why, but it makes it more exciting. Especially the thought of getting caught.

Julia1984
02-07-2018, 10:21 AM
"The elephant in the room". But thats just me. We don't discuss it.

Diane Taylor
02-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Doing what I do is part of my everyday life so I don't give it a name or "category".

Stephanie47
02-07-2018, 11:06 AM
In many of my comments I've always posted I do not like ascribing a single word to any activity or belief or point of view. A single word conjures up a different definition for different people. Then people start arguing when sometimes they are in complete agreement.

On occasion I feel the need to wear women's clothing. When ever a topic like this arises I see many posts which suggest how one feels when en femme. That never really answers the question of why wearing women's clothing is the thing that satisfies that need. When my wife and I had "The Talk" the only answer I could give her was "I do not know why I do what I do!" It's definitely not a hobby, although I do find myself accumulating my favorite piece of women's clothing; full slips. It would be safe to say I "collect" full slips in the same manner I collect coins. But I also choose to wear them. Having over 400 full slips is way in excess of any need for just wearing.

It's definitely a way of life. I am content to just feel the peace and tranquility wearing women's clothing brings me. I see it as "therapy" for some unknown underlying issue. I do not call it a problem because it really is society's problem of casting negativity upon those who do not conform to their ideal behavior. I see a counselor for war related PTSD. I do not discuss my cross dressing which precedes those issues. However, during our conversations she believe each person has a degree of DNA of the opposite sex. It is stronger in some than others. I can accept that premise. On the issue of amassing lots of things one really does not need, she calls it "retail therapy." I can accept that also. Buying lots of clothes I do not need really satisfies some inner need to feel good. It is really cheaper than paying a therapist and it does result in having something which I can hold in my hand. It is also less injurious than using illegal or legal drugs to satisfy that unknown inner need.

Just call me a "guy who likes to wear women's clothing on occasion."

~Joanne~
02-07-2018, 11:10 AM
I don't know what to call it sounds about right for me. I have never been able to explain it in any sort of term or to answer the question "why?". I saw recently that the term LGBTQ now goes on quite a bit with additional letters being added and CD still isn't considered one of them but I have always never felt that CDing fell under that umbrella any ways. It's more of a cosplay for me than anything else.

IamWren
02-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Good question little g2

I think knowing a little background of the person helps to understand why they do or don't call... this thing we do, whatever it is they call it.

I, myself, am still trying to figure me out in relation to why I wear and why I like to wear typically female clothing and other items. I have a desire to express what I understand to be feminine qualities and so impersonating a woman makes that easier for me to see myself that way and i suspect more so society.

I'm not out to my wife about this so it is a secret although I don't call it my secret. The funny thing is she does know, suggested I wear and prefers the way women's underwear and jeans look and fit on my small frame so those are just my clothes that I wear.

I don't really consider it a hobby although I've spent quite a bit of time and money trying to learn the skills necessary to pull off emulating a female form with the obstacles of having a biologically male body... kinda the way some people who spend time and money on golf as a hobby while using a non-athletic physique.

It isn't relaxing... AT ALL. Being cinched up at the waist, hauling around extra pounds of hip pads, butt pads, bewb forms is not relaxing at all to me. Having my head overheat from a wig and dealing with the insanity of not scratching an itch on my face after applying full makeup... no. Not relaxing at all.

Dirty secret? Not so much. It's not a sexual thing for me or deviant. I don't hurt anyone or myself (well maybe a little with the cinching and a strong tuck.)

Like Magella said, "getting pretty"? Well, let's not get crazy. :D I mean, I might be what you call man-pretty but... :LOL:

Anyway, I don't really consider myself masculine nor feminine... maybe I have a little of both so I'm still trying to learn that about myself as well. So I'm not sure how to answer your question.

For the sake of this forum... I just call it my dressing or my CDing? That's not really what this is for me the way I understand CDing though. I don't feel like a man in a dress. It's something different when I completely transform.

Cheryl T
02-07-2018, 12:34 PM
It's my life. It's been my life since I can remember.
This is not a Hobby, a Secret and certainly not a Dirty Little Secret.

ambigendrous
02-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Put me in the “get comfortable”category. My supportive wife can’t understand and teases me about how can I be comfortable in hose, underwires, shapers, heels, etc. well, I can and do and am.

My wife and I joke about it all the time: she can't wait to take her bra off and get into PJs or sweats, and I can't wait to put on my bra, forms, hose, dress, and heels. Comfort is certainly subjective!

Dana44
02-07-2018, 01:20 PM
It is a way of life for me. Not a hobby or a secret.

Maria in heels
02-07-2018, 01:35 PM
I consider dressing as "A way of life". Dressing is a part of my persona...not just the only part, but one of them. Dressing makes me more comfortable since I get to be who i feel i am and it is just another way for Maria to express herself.

Jasmine Rose
02-07-2018, 02:10 PM
For me, I think I use two terms most often. "Being dressed" and "being Jasmine".

I am okay with a variety of other terms. For me, terminology is not usually important as long as the meaning of the words is understood. Intent is important. I try to make sure I choose my words carefully when speaking with people I don't know very well. About this, or anything else.

Joyce Swindell
02-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I consider it a fact of life. But as far as in conversation with my wife she will use my name Joyce or if we are talking about the local CD group we say "girls".

Beverley Sims
02-08-2018, 12:51 PM
Thought it was a hobby once, now I think it is a project.

SherriePall
02-08-2018, 01:17 PM
Just being me.

MarinaTwelve200
02-08-2018, 07:35 PM
I think it is a series of experiments. It started out to see what I would look like as a girl, and later became a "Tool" to relieve stress, but still, I try "variations" and new CD related things and observe how my "brain/Body" react to them.----I am a Scientist, after all, anyway.

Becky Blue
02-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Good question g.. Definitely way of life for me, Becky is a big part of who i am..

tammy1
02-08-2018, 07:57 PM
I call it just being a human being. I dress to enjoy my inner feelings. No dirty secret here. call it what you want i just call it "Me being me and enjoying who i am and loving it". My wife calls it "dressing up".

TheHiddenMe
02-08-2018, 08:05 PM
My login ID pretty well shares my idea on the subject. It's the hidden side of who I am.

I've been interested in wearing girl's/woman's clothes for over 50 years. It's just been the last couple of years I've gotten more open/bold about acting on my long held feelings/desires.

Part of dressing for me is a kink, and the clothes/shoes/makeup are my "toys"--although the idea of dressing is generally more exciting than the dressing itself.

I'm still trying to explain to my wife all the aspects of dressing for me. It's a difficult discussion for us.

Ceera
02-08-2018, 08:11 PM
It is what is rapidly becoming merely my normal, day to day life.

Virtually every day, regardless of my gender presentation, I am wearing at least panties, and most likely women's jeans, if presenting 'male'. Often wearing women's footwear or stockings.

When going fully en-femme, it's just 'being me', and dressing as any other woman would for the same activity.

nikkiwindsor
02-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Plain and simply, "a way of life" or even more truthfully "my genderfluid or transgendered life" ...my inner femininity is who I am

Krisi
02-09-2018, 09:59 AM
I often call it a "hobby". It's something I do that I get enjoyment out of like restoring old cars or collecting stamps or coins. I may sometimes refer to it as a "secret" because only my wife knows about it. Or "little secret".

For some folks it may be a "way of life" but not me. Calling it "wearing clothes" isn't really an answer to the question, it's a way of evading the question.

Littleg2
02-09-2018, 03:56 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful responses. I quite enjoyed reading through them and getting your individual points of view this. I like the term "getting comfortable", I, too, might steal that. Or at least borrow it on occasion.

I suppose, even as a GG, when I am getting ready for a party or fancy occasion (date kind of thing), I refer to it as getting "dolled up", so we call getting into other clothes that we don't always wear something else, too. I hope that makes some sense.

I know you also write long explanations to try to fully get your point across correctly, so I tried to give a fuller opinion. YMMV
Hugs, Ellen

Ellen, and others, thank you for taking the time to add details to your responses, I love it! I know I can be quite loquacious, and it does tend to translate into my written words, just the way I am (to all, please bear with me). I really appreciate the time you took with your responses.

I hope you all have/are having a wonderful weekend.

-g

Nikki A.
02-10-2018, 05:16 PM
I never really thought about it, but I've used hobby at times. But what I do use now and quite proudly is that this is "my other side". It is me but a side that isn't always transparent.
BUT if you look hard enough, Nikki is always there.

Megan b
02-11-2018, 09:32 AM
It's been more than a hobby for a long time. It's just part of me but I often refer to my crossdressing as my personal time.

Monique65
02-11-2018, 10:52 AM
I simply refer to it as dressing.

Ressie
02-11-2018, 01:19 PM
I can't call it just wearing cloths since there's also wigs, makeup and jewelry involved. Trying to walk like a woman in heels isn't just cloths either. I don't call it anything other than crossdressing.

Amelie
02-11-2018, 01:35 PM
I call it "Running the Gauntlet" When I go out every creep, idiot, nut job seems to be on the same street I walk down.

Vicky Peters
02-11-2018, 02:12 PM
My wife will ask me if I had a chance to Dress. So I call it Dressing.

Sarah Doepner
02-11-2018, 03:27 PM
When I'm out of the house I call it "not subject to arrest for being naked".

Yes, it's comfortable, but it's not the only thing that makes me comfortable. Not a hobby in itself, although developing a sense of fashion that works for me has the creative aspect associated with a hobby. Getting Pretty is a relative term, maybe attempting to approach pretty? Way of Life extends well beyond just the female clothing I might wear, because in my life I wear male stuff as well, sometimes both at the same time. It's not my only secret so I can't use that. Dressing implies there is a realistic option for being naked and I'm just not that much of a sadist to push that on others. I've tried "Getting my Girl On" from time to time and that approaches the outward expression, but there probably isn't a single word that doesn't already have other meanings.

Maybe I have to call it "Outwardly Expressing Sarah" or maybe "Showing Sarah", since my insides don't necessarily change regardless of the clothes, makeup, hair, forms, shoes and accessories I choose to wear.

SaraLin
02-12-2018, 06:53 AM
h-m-m-m. Let's see now...
Well, I wear panties all the time. They're just my undies. In fact, if I have to put on a male pair (I own two) for things like doctor visits - they're my 'boy undies'
At nights or lounging about the house, I'll be in nighties and possibly a robe. This the wife is OK with, and will even suggest "Why don't you go and get comfy?"
I don't do anything else around her (She doesn't want to see it and I respect her wishes - a limitation *I* can live with), but if I mention it, I'll say something like "getting more girly."
In my heart of hearts, I think of it as being able to express the 'real, inner' me.

Laura28
03-03-2018, 01:07 AM
I call it relaxing my wife will ask me what I am doing when out of town and I say relaxing and she will say oh I see I am talking to Laura tonight. I describe my self as a crossdresser

Nicole Erin
03-03-2018, 02:24 AM
I call it "Tranny'ing". Sometimes perhaps "doing drag full time". I live this full time.

Not PC terms by a long shot but I am not good at PC

Lacey New
03-03-2018, 05:55 AM
Before I found this forum, it was probably my dirty little secret. Now I know that there are others like me, and while crossdressing is still not "normal" it is far from totally unique. So now, my crossdressing is just my secret - no longer a dirty one.

SuzyZahn
03-03-2018, 08:20 AM
I agree with pretty much all the above descriptions at some point . I tell my wife Susan`s my `alter ego` . She understands that and agrees that my different side of me `comes out`when i`m fem and she finds me a `nicer` ,easier to talk with person as that I`m much more relaxed. Hmmmmm

suzanne
03-03-2018, 12:08 PM
I call it Living my Truth as a gender fluid person.

BLUE ORCHID
03-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Hi Little G :hugs:, It's just who I am and it's just what I do, No labels needed.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

Mickitv
03-03-2018, 03:41 PM
If I had to describe crossdressing. I would describe it just as "ME." It is so much a part of ME that describing it would be impossible for ME.

Alice B
03-03-2018, 03:55 PM
A way of life

tbryant2k16
03-03-2018, 04:46 PM
I call it 'breaking gender norms' that say how men have to dress and what men can wear.

jacques
03-03-2018, 04:55 PM
hello,
"dressing up" is one of my hobbies; one that I do in private but not in secret,
luv J

mbmeen12
03-04-2018, 03:45 AM
OMG "relieving stress" (my preferred term). My dressing is a perfect storm of sexuality, job related issues and how it just feels right. Also its a win win with my GF when I tell her; hey do mind if I dress or she will say, you should dress today?

Sarasometimes
03-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Although I'm not "out" I think of it similarly to Tracii, it is just part of who "me" is.

Barbara Jo
03-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Simply put, it's who I am.

No two people are exactly the same.

If someone wants to put a label on me, that is beyond my control of course. :)

Kate Simmons
03-04-2018, 04:48 PM
An art form. I have fun with it. :battingeyelashes::)

ShirleyN
03-04-2018, 07:28 PM
For me, its a form of acting. I like being able to get myself into a skirt or dress and then start adopting female mannerism action. I've been told that when I'm dressed as a woman that my eye contact is so much better than when I'm in drab.

April Rose
03-04-2018, 11:12 PM
I just think of it as the way I am. I am out to the people closest to me, but I can't help thinking that there is residual guilt , or social programming, that keeps me from being out to the larger world. In can't help thinking that I would be of greater service to the community if I could just get over those last barriers to living as my true self.

Dana44
03-05-2018, 12:29 AM
It is a way of life for me. I would call it dressing.

AmberLeigh
03-05-2018, 03:22 PM
I call it dressing, my hobby, an art form or one of my favorite pastimes. My wife ask me what I did on my day off the other day and I just smiled, she said, ah, you were taking selfies again! That's why you're is such a great mood.

Leslie Mary S
03-05-2018, 03:29 PM
I started calling it a secret hobby. Till eventually it became a secret life style. Now it is a semi-secret life style.

Cassandra Lynn
03-05-2018, 03:32 PM
It's more about gender and less about clothing for me.....

And I misplaced my current issue of the international glossary of terms, but there's many to choose from for folks who identify as mid-spectrum trans: non-binary, gender fluid, gender non-conforming, gender variant, dual/bi-gendered.....etc, etc.

AmberLeigh
03-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Hi Cassandra, I see you are in Idaho as well. Tried to message you but your box is full. Would love to chat with you.

MsKim2888
03-05-2018, 09:08 PM
For me I would term it as my deepest secret and my wildest fantasy. And it allow me to come in touch with my inner femininity and explore the other side of me. Do i regret doing it or have guilt doing it? Not anymore after I come to term with. So enjoy your inner femininity however you want.

Amelie
03-06-2018, 06:21 AM
I know I answered this post earlier. When I am offline in the world my label would be a woman, sad, I use to be a girl. I am a woman everywhere except certain sites online.

jennifer0918
03-22-2018, 02:05 AM
I call it being me. I wonder how come this was not one of the choices????

Littleg2
03-22-2018, 02:15 AM
I hope this isn’t taken offensively, I am genuinely curious. I am not trying to offend anyone, so if you think perhaps I shouldn’t be asking or that it’s just your “life”, and there is no term, that’s fine, but please don’t be upset with me asking everyone, as I know that’s not the case. I would also hope that if others have defined it as something, we can respect that and not judge or say you “don’t understand”, unless you would like them to expend.

jennifer0918, I believe this is what you are referring to. I am so terribly sorry that I didn't specifically list your exact term, but again, if you read my op, I was asking in a general sense. I would like to know now if you are going to go back and pick on all of my threads, choosing my words at your discretion to pick out and twist. I'm not sure why you are turning your microscope on me, I have always been kind and polite and never meant to be hurt or generalize to a degree that would insult anyone here, cd'er or otherwise.

I would still love to hear from anyone that hasn't seen this, or new members, and of course feel free to add jnnifer0918's tern to the choices. I always love and appreciate the feedback. And I have big enough shoulders to take it if it's not your specific cup of tea.

-g

Milly1410
03-22-2018, 02:23 AM
I would call it simply "being me": there are a feminine and a masculine soul that live in my body, and this is for me the right way to get the right exposure to both of them.

BrendaPDX
03-22-2018, 08:03 AM
My crossdressing is "A way of life".

Nef
03-22-2018, 08:35 AM
For me its called being lucky.. because i still can't live like i would like to in my current situation.. and opportunities are pretty rare and short term.. but when it happen it feel just right!

Lana Mae
03-22-2018, 09:07 AM
Sitting here typing this in panties, woman's jeans and V neck tee shirt, support knee his, woman's loafers with polished nails and pierced ears with diamond studs and this is male mode! I wear male undies and male sneakers to work with unisex scrubs(nurse) but my nails are still polished! I have to say way of life! Hugs Lana Mae

CONSUELO
03-22-2018, 03:00 PM
Definitely not a hobby. To my mind hobbies are superficial things and do not inhabit your psyche in the way that being a fetishistic cross dresser does.

Yes, it is me.This is what I am and though people might like to say "dirty little secret" I absolutely abhor that description. That reminds me of the incorrect use of perversion for many lifestyles that we now recognize as being just another facet of normality.

There is no shame in being a transvestite/cross dresser. It is a way of life for many of us. It is US.

redtea
03-22-2018, 07:36 PM
I call it "it feels good so i do it"

i also call it my "vice that i'm not proud of but what am I gonna do about it"

Alice_2014_B
03-22-2018, 08:15 PM
I tell people that I crossdress for entertainment purposes.

Technically it is quite accurate since I do stand-up comedy en femme and make YouTube videos as the same.
:)

CynthiaD
03-23-2018, 05:32 PM
I refer to it as "putting on my normal clothes." As opposed to the weird clothes I have to wear when I need to be in male mode.

Leslie Mary S
03-23-2018, 05:46 PM
I refer to it as "putting on my normal clothes." As opposed to the weird clothes I have to wear when I need to be in male mode.

That is a good reply. I think it is even cute.

Jenny Brogai
04-07-2018, 03:36 PM
For me it is a way of life, it is part of me.

SuzyZahn
04-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Well,,,at least to my wife and myself, I call it `my alter ego`,if that makes any sense. It works well for me as i find it an `escape` from my reality self and the wife is in agreement. She has actually stated in the past that i`m a nicer person and easier to talk with when fem.! Hmmmm a win win!!

jaerina96
04-07-2018, 08:13 PM
Karaoke queen? To those “in the know” I half joking refer to this as my alter ego, to my therapist it’s usually “I don’t like talking about this..” followed by a half hour of incoherent babbling

Littleg2
04-10-2018, 09:36 AM
I love that new people are still responding to this. Thank you for that. Thank you for your responses, sharing your terms and a little about yourself, I love reading through here.

Have a wonderful day,
g