PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Are you out to your partner?

Julie Avery
03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
This is a very simple poll, asking CD's who are married, or in long-term relationships (which I'll define as living together, not just going out together), whether your partner knows about your crossdressing. You might want to comment on how long together and, if you partner knows, how long they've known.

As a recent thread polled the question of wives responses when they do know, I won't go into that here.

Hopefully folks in the closet won't feel there's a stigma attached to that and under-represent themselves, I myself was in the closet for over 20 years in committed relationships.

Thanks everyone.

GypsyKaren
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi Julie

Kat and I have been together 13 years now, I told her a year ago. She has been so helpful and supportive, I'm so grateful to her. She taught me about make-up, and she took me out into the world for the first time. We love going out together with me dressed, and we always have a good time. I'm the luckiest girl in the world because I have her for a soul mate and life partner.

Karen

sharifemme
03-14-2006, 03:38 PM
I told Marge recently after 30 some years of marriage. The road is still rocky sometimes but at least we are both still on it.

Deedee_tv
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I told her about 6 months after we started dating. I was 17 and that was 23 years ago. "No secrets" was always my feeling. I figure she had the chance to leave me a long time ago and she is still here and we are happier then ever.

Mostly I just get eyes rolled at me when I get a little extreme.;)

Kimberley
03-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Mine knows of my CD. I purged 5 years ago at an ultimatum and, well, I lasted 5 years. Now it is deep deep in the closet and on as rare an occasion as possible. The future? Not sure yet.

Kimberley.

Toni Shelton
03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Hello Julie;
I have been dressing for over 40 years. My SO and I have been together for 30 years this month. She has been shopping with me and seams to be enjoying my dressing verymuch.

Jenny Warren
03-14-2006, 06:10 PM
My fiancee and I have been together for over 12 years now.

Berofe we started our relationship we knew each other as friends for about 9 months.

During that 'friendship' time I told her about Jenny, showing her photographs of me dressed.

Previous to that I was married for 13 years. My wife knew about Jenny long before we got 'serious'

My dressing is a major factor in my life, and I tend to be upfront about it. Anyone who has a problem isn't worthy of my friendship.

For those who are in the closet, and I respect that everyones situation is different, you can't imaging the pleasure of getting a feminine gift from a spouse or daughter.

I know I'm one of the lucky ones, and I'll always do anything I can to support another 'lady' coming out of the closet.

Jenny

Joy Carter
03-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Here Here !

SherriePall
03-14-2006, 06:28 PM
I told my wife a little over six years ago after nearly 25 years of marriage. She's not really supportive, but allows me to keep some clothes in the closet, make-up in the train case, and washes my unmentionables. And she grudgingly lets me have some personal time every so often.

Leigh Davis
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
I was in the closet with my first 2 marriages. My third (current and LAST!:D ) wife knew before we were married. She is very supportive and loves my fem side.
She helps me shopping and we swap things. I just wish we had the same shoe size. . . . hers! not mine.:D

Mary Jane
03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
My wife knows and is not supportive. I dress when she is away from home. It is still better than her not knowing. It takes some stress away when you do not have to worry about leaving something out that should have been put away. That has happened a couple of times. I am still hoping she will eventually come around to accepting it better.

kaitlin
03-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Hello, My partner, gg girlfriend, and I live together and have for about two years now. She is my biggest supporter!!! She is always buying different outfits, panties, makeup etc. for me. While I havent gone out dressed as of yet I feel it is just a matter of time until we do. One real neat thing we do is... our toenails are always painted the same color. Cool aint it!!! Take care all....Kaitlin

miss_sarah
03-14-2006, 09:16 PM
My wife has known since before we got engaged even. Her acceptance and curiosity solidified the deal for me! I can't say it would have continued if she had been drastically opposed. I love her for who she is, with all her quirks and faults, and would do so for whoever my wife may have been in alternate dimensions... and would fully expect her to show me the same unconditional love. Harsh as it sounds, if she hadn't been accepting of who I am, she'd probably have been packing her bags! (wait, did I just let slip that we were basically shacking up? lol)