PDA

View Full Version : Both of them must now

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 07:43 AM
All around me, my immediate neighbors, my ex pat friends down the road and most of the village know as well as,our Mayor that I dress.
My nephew and niece both know as well, but my big dilemma was and may still be how to tell my son and daughter, My son went skiing in Austria from just before Christmas right through to the new year and when he got back he told me my Christmas presents were on the way.
Now imagine my amazement to find all of the presents wrapped up in PINK Christmas paper! (the presents were all useful guy stuff however, nothing girly at all)
But could this be an unsaid message telling me hey dad we know and its OK with us or is it just a coincident that there was a surplus of pink paper.
Part of me thinks that he must know I dress and that it does not matter either way with him otherwise why use pink paper, it all makes me puzzle over it a bit.

Laura912
02-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Bobbi, how about asking, “I liked the pink paper you used, but why that color?”

Stacy Darling
02-10-2018, 08:04 AM
I see why you're puzzled Bobbi.
It does seem fine though, if he does know and added that subtle pink touch, it's all good! And if he doesn't know, he's up with the new colour trends, and that's all good too!

To Santa we are all the same anyhow, pink yellow blue!

Stacy!

Teri Ray
02-10-2018, 08:07 AM
Bobbi, I hope you and your son find a you both come to a good understanding and acceptance. Best wishes.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Laura you have been reading my mind, I did send him a message, incidentally the first paragraph was in pink script as well, I asked him how did he know that I liked pink wrapping paper? I am waiting for his reply but it does beg the question does he/how does he know both my nephew and niece can be tight lipped if asked and also despite being family they have spasmodic contact with my daughter and my son.
On the face of it if what I am thinking has happened and he does know as does his sister then the circle is now complete but still i need to diplomatically probe a bit deeper for a concrete answer.
How i go about that at the moment still has to be thought out.

Terri
Thank you for your wishes, I am hoping that if the obvious has happened then a smooth path has been laid for a full and open discussion about my femme side

alwayshave
02-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Sometimes pink wrapping paper is just pink wrapping paper. I try not to read to much into a choice that may have been made because that's all that was available.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 08:40 AM
very true but to me it does seem to be a very big coincidence in that it is prompting a more in depth reply from me to my son

DMichele
02-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Bobbi,
I hope that your son is as understanding of my three daughters, whom I recently came out to via e-mail. They are 100% supportive. They had questions and concerns, but all is good.

Best of luck!

GretchenM
02-10-2018, 09:10 AM
A literal interpretation might be that he recognizes and knows about your dressing and the pink paper represents your outer expression (feminine), but the guy presents represents that he still appreciates and recognizes that under the covering you are male even with the feminine outward expression. Another interpretation might be that he recognizes that your are blended with regard to gender identity. Just thoughts and guesses that you can take or leave. But hopefully someday the truth will be revealed. If appropriate, please share the truth with us; I think at least a few here are on the edges of their seats wondering what that truth is. Everybody loves a mystery.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Gretchen
I will share with you all the truth of all this it is a new direction of my life one to be treated with tenderness towards my son and daughter. I intend to dig a bit deeper into this pink paper side of things with my son, he has never before used pink paper so there must be a degree of knowing on his side, i sent a message to him regarding the paper i have yet to get a reply on that and from it we might have some answers which of course I will share with you all.

Beverley Sims
02-10-2018, 09:21 AM
Pink wrapping paper is just that as already said.

Just treat it as a surprise if there is more to it. :-)

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 09:24 AM
I feel that there is a bit more to all of this yet to be revealed and to be related here

Rachael Leigh
02-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Bobbie children are difficult for sure, I hope for the best for you when you open the door

CONSUELO
02-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Perhaps the store only had pink wrapping paper left. Don't read too much into the tea leaves.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 12:27 PM
Rachael I will PM
Consuelo,
I love reading tea leaves, LOL. Seriously I think there is a deeper agenda attached to this for one thing the parcel was wrapped and sent only a week ago I would have thought that shops would have removed xmas wrapping by then I feel that it was what they had at home but on the other hand if they did know and bought the paper specially then this is his way of gently saying " we know dad and its ok" I need to nail this one way or the other.
This is one part of my life that is eating its way into me, wanting to tell but not wanting to lose whatis so precious at the moment. Also ,I will send you a PM

Samm
02-10-2018, 12:56 PM
If a pile of pink presents were left on my doorstep no matter who they were from, and I opened them only to find a bunch of "man stuff", I would be pi$$ed! Lol... and very disappointed! I wouldn't read too much into the color of the wrapping paper. He may have had the store wrap and ship them, or bought everything online and had the shipped as gifts, and that's the color they use.

Stephanie47
02-10-2018, 01:05 PM
It's probably just a guy thing, i.e., no clue as to whether the wrapping paper is appropriate. My wife all the time tells me this or that wrapping paper is wrong or right. Everything for her has to be just right. Me? Grab and go. It's going to be thrown away right after it's ripped off the package. Perhaps if he knew, then there would have been a nice pink peignoir inside a nicely wrapped box with pink paper.

docrobbysherry
02-10-2018, 01:47 PM
Gift paper aside, Bobbi, I would be VERY WORRIED about my daughters finding out that the whole town knew before they did!

Which is why I told my adult daughter even tho I suspected she wouldn't approve!:Angry3:

PS: I was rite! But, still happy I told her.:battingeyelashes:

char GG
02-10-2018, 02:20 PM
I wrap most stuff in Christmas paper because that’s what I have. That doesn’t mean that I think it’s Christmas, it’s just paper. If it was wrapped in newspaper comics, would you question why?

Like others have said, don’t read too much into this otherwise you may out yourself inadvertently by making a big deal out of it.

Lana Mae
02-10-2018, 04:24 PM
I don't know about the paper! I do hope your children are as accepting as mine are! Hugs Lana Mae

Linda E. Woodworth
02-10-2018, 05:48 PM
Hi Bobbi,

Sorry for not writing sooner.

From my experience, don't read too much into this.

Remember, guys don't do subtle and he probably used whatever wrapping paper he could find which was pink!

I realize you have asked him and don't have a response yet so hopefully that clears up the confusion.

Enjoy the rest of the season.

Love,
Linda W.

Tracii G
02-10-2018, 06:17 PM
I say its just pink paper and you are reading way too much into it.
I can tell you won't let this go but think by you pushing the whole paper point you may cause your son to be upset with himself for the pink paper and thinks he has offended you.
He may think Oh crap I pissed my Dad off with the pink paper and he thinks I think he is gay and he hates me now.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 06:39 PM
Tracii
my son would not think or feel like that, he has a crazy sense of humour so I think I will probably get some odd humerous reply which will at least tel me he does not know anything, also we playfully wind each other up from time to time as well, so time will tell as they say

Tracii G
02-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Well do let us know how it turns out LOL

MWCMDarlene
02-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Bobbi,

Valentine's Day is Wednesday. Valentine's Day decorations have been in the stores on this side of the big pond since after New Year's Day. One of the major colors of Valentine's Day is pink. That's what I'm thinking. Still, none-the-less, good luck on sharing this side of yourself with your family.

Bobbi46
02-10-2018, 07:16 PM
I messaged my son using pink script! and I am sharing with you all what I said, " Since all my Christmas presents were wrapped in pink I thought I would send you a message in pink!!! actually I liked the pink paper very much" the rest of the message went onto other things but if he is hinting that he has found out then it is very subtle and kind way of saying " yes I know and its ok with me" we will see I am sure to get e reply from him over the weekend.

Tracii,
Thank and it goes for all of you I will tell you all what comes of this, soon I hope

docrobbysherry
02-10-2018, 09:43 PM
Bobbi, I don't mean to offend u, but I think u have communication issues in your family. My adult family members would never be satisfied guessing what the others think. By the color of gift wrapping or any other obliquely obscure references.:straightface:

Do want him to know or not!? If u don't, why don't u ask if he meant anything with pink paper? He'll either answer:

Yes
No
What r u talking about?

FrannGurl
02-10-2018, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it, its just paper. Who knows? Maybe that was all he had left or something.
If you're really wondering about it, Id simply ask casually, " What happened?, did you run out of different colored wrapping paper?"

Beverley Sims
02-11-2018, 12:03 AM
I just toosed some food scraps out wrapped in Christmas paper, I bet the trash collectors wont open that lot. :-)

nikkiwindsor
02-11-2018, 06:28 AM
Hope everything works out well for you Bobbi...Nikki

Bobbi46
02-11-2018, 06:42 AM
Sherry
You are not offending me.
There are no communication issues whatever in my family, some of the family know and it seemed to me to be a hint that my son now knows, does not want to say anything but is sending a silent message of " yes Ok crack on".
Its a thought that they know more than I realize are being polite and understanding but also sending a silent message of acceptance via the pink paper.
Would i like him to know? yes I would in the long rind as do I with my daughter, its finding the right time and the way to tell them but to me it seems as though something has slipped out of somebodies mouth and my son might know.
Could it just be coincidence that that was all he had left over from Christmas and did not want to waste the paper? yes it could, just that but also the size and quantity of the presents might suggest a full roll of paper?
Franngirl,
A very good thought I might do just that but having told him i liked the paper I might get a message back soon which will explain it all, but there is no harm in asking of course

Stephanie Julianna
02-11-2018, 09:48 AM
They know. If, like me, you have been dressing for years that included while they were still home, they know. Kids get into everything and more than once they found my most secretive places and found books and clothes I thought were safe. The amazing part of that story I have related before but applies here as well. My two daughters found my stash and were worried that the stuff belonged to my oldest, my son. They were so worried that he could never handle this issue and came to me for advice about how they could help him. When they came to me I confessed that the stash was mine. They were in their mid and early teens then and were so relieved that it was me. After we talked for a long time, they started to connect the dots and realized that this was just a part of the father that they had always loved and nothing changed that. I do wish my wife felt the same way but that's a topic for another thread.

Bobbi46
02-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Stephanie,
It now seems as though they do not know. My dressing only came into the fore properly after my 2nd divorce before then it was suppressed (largely by work stresses and finally depression, which forced me into retirement at the age of 52 totally wrecked, never to work again I had been a Police photographer).
So on the whole they never knew.
It would now seem to be that it was just a pure coincidence that my presents were wrapped in pink paper.
A light hearted but heavily hinting message sent to my son using a pink couloured font elicited no sort of tell me more dad are you telling me something or anything like that.
So what this means to me now I suppose is that when the time is right or I do get a comment at some point will be to tell them.
The big enigma in all of this is that I lost contact with my daughter after my first divorce in 1993 and only managed to reconnect with her in 2013, the last thing I want to have happen is that I should loose her again because of the way I choose to live now.
But a way I must find because I do not like to have secrets kept from my loved ones.