PDA

View Full Version : Wife opps and niebour may know

Maria 60
02-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Yesterday I was home alone for a while but not enough time to dress, I was laying on the couch when the door bell wrang and it was the lady across the street. Her daughter owns a high end clothing store that my wife will go there when she has a special occasion. I greet her at the door and she is older but she looks amazing and the best part is she's probably the only women I know who still wears a slip and loves to show it, and of course as I'm walking to the door I see she was wearing a black lacy one hanging down. She had a bag in her hand and she explained that she was up all night doing invatory at her daughters store and they were clearing out there winter stock and as they were preparing the stock for the liquidators and she thought of my wife and grabbed her a few dresses she thought my wife would like. She pulled one out and showed me how nice it was and my eye went on the price tag saying $499.99. She handed me the bag and said she knew my daughters wouldn't wear them because they weren't name brand but my wife would, I hold up the dress that was out of the bag and it looked a little small. I look at the tag and I tell her this dress is not my wife's size it's to small, she turns around to me and said I'm sure someone will get use out of them and she had a grin on her face and gave me a wink and walked away. I know she's a noisy lady always peeking out of the corner of her blinds but I guess, "whatever" at this point. I instantly drop my clothes and tried on the dresses, they fit like a glove and they felt amazing. When my wife came home I explained what happened and told her the dresses fit me perfect and she wouldn't be surprised if the niebour seen me some how because she's so noisy.
When my daughter came home she seen the dresses and said she has a friend's engagement coming up and she tried on the dresses. She came back with the dresses and told us that the dresses don't fit her there to small, my wife yelled out, "how can't they fit you and they fit your father". My daughter response being "WHAT dad tried on the dresses" she looked over at me and I was sitting there calm for some reason and I looked at my daughter and pointed at my wife and made the crazy hand symbol. My wife told her that she doesn't know what she talking about because you kids drive me crazy.
What a day, my niebour gave me dresses and I believe she knows and my wife almost outed me to my daughter if it wasn't for some calmness and fast thinking.
Sorry it was so long I just get so excited when something interesting happens and I can't stop writing.

CarlaWestin
02-11-2018, 08:54 AM
If we all could have a story this good it would be a perfect world. Three women very close in your life now know and you may have just joined the women's club.
The next meeting with your neighbor should be interesting. I could only imagine how I would handle it.
"Oh, the dresses are fabulous. My only issue is I'm horrible with makeup."
"Maybe I could help you with that someday."
:battingeyelashes:

bridget thronton
02-11-2018, 09:52 AM
A great story - you are lucky to have very nice women in your life

Elizabeth G
02-11-2018, 09:57 AM
I love your story Maria!. That was pretty quick thinking. Enjoy the new dresses :thumbsup:

mykell
02-11-2018, 10:02 AM
so revelations aside you sound like you are quite comfortable with yourself and folks knowing :o when do we get to see these dresses :D

and when is the next inventory :daydreaming:

CONSUELO
02-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Maria,

I'm sure many here wish they had a glamorous looking neighbor who wears slips, own a dress shop and gives expensive dresses to neighbours.
I just hope you get to wear the dresses and have an opportunity to return that wink.

MLane
02-11-2018, 10:24 AM
It sounds like a good neighbor to know, I look forward to future installments of how this turns out.

Leslie Langford
02-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Cute story, Maria, but you had me at $499.99 for that one dress. Hopefully that is the "list" price, and not what your neighbour lady's daughter will ultimately be charging for it given that it is slated for clearance/liquidation.

In any event, I see a shopping trip to that lady's daughter's store in your immediate future - and maybe even together with your wife, which would make a perfect ending to that inspiring story...:daydreaming: :thumbsup:

Tracii G
02-11-2018, 02:00 PM
You played that hand perfectly well done !!!

Cdkym
02-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Great story, when do we get to see pics of the dresses?

carolyn todd
02-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Maria are you still smiling, if it was me i would have big smile on my face.

Dana44
02-11-2018, 04:52 PM
Sounds like you handled that weal Maria. You have nice women in your life.

Cassandra Lynn
02-11-2018, 04:57 PM
Wow! Totally awesome.

I'm thinking a nice thank you card and maybe even some flowers would be in order. Oh, and of course, you should either sign the card yourself (including the wife's name), or deliver the items with a knowing smile.

Maria 60
02-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Oh yeh Carolyn I had a great day yesterday and still shaking my head in disbelief and smiling today. Thanks

Sami Brown
02-11-2018, 05:44 PM
There is no need to apologize for the long post, Maria. I was riveted by the story. It sure put a smile on my face.

Sami

Asew
02-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Sounds nerve racking but sounds worth it for three nice dresses :)

Emily Barton
02-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Can we see the dresses? You have us all in suspense here...!

Jaylyn
02-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Wow I read your story and thought this could almost be a comedy of how a CDs life goes. Starring Maria the quick thinking CD. I wanted to laugh but then thought you might have really put your dressing in the right place to enjoy it whenever you get a notion. Let us know how all this plays out. Loved reading your story.

SherriePall
02-11-2018, 07:01 PM
If my wife said that in front of my daughter, they would have had to pick me up off the floor. Quick thinking! Of course, if I made the crazy sign for my wife, I would have been picked up the floor for that.

jennifer0918
02-11-2018, 07:23 PM
Great story Maria and great come back,I guess I'm like you I prefer a noisy neighbors then nosey neibour to each it's own. Anyway take care darling.
Toodles

alwayshave
02-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Maria, cute story. You have more near misses than anyone on the site...

lingerieLiz
02-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Very good story. Unfortunately it sounds like they are closing their store. You might want to stop bye and see what else they may have before the liquidators take over. Very hard to have a women's store today. I miss them. When I moved the last time there was a small dress shop that had really nice clothes. I thought about shopping there. As it turned out, my wife's new friends were close friends with the owners. We became friends and went to dinner and events with them. That was while I was still in the closet.

Stephanie47
02-11-2018, 11:53 PM
Great story. You know any woman who sells dresses can gauge a person's size. You can bet she has seen you en femme. She would also know the dresses would not fit your wife if your wife has bought from her shop. I guess you can relax a little when leaving the house on your outings. Yep, I'm sure a slip (bun intended) of the tongue may out you one day.

Becky Blue
02-11-2018, 11:56 PM
Great story, sounds like more people know than you thought but its all ok AND you have some great new clothes win win I say

Beverley Sims
02-12-2018, 02:22 AM
I am eagerly waiting for the next installment of this reality show.

There's more reality here than on TV.

lingerieLiz
02-13-2018, 12:20 AM
When I was about 20 I met a girl who worked in a women's store. I had purchased things for my "sister" there. She had to have surgery and was in the hospital. I went to see her and took flowers. Her parents were there and she introduced me to her dad. He asked how we met and she said he buys all his clothes at our store. Her dad and I didn't know what to say. Her mother laughed. I said, I just go to see her. On our next date she told me, you bought the sweater I was going to get. I told her I hadn't sent it yet and she could have it. She said no. She knew the clothes were for me. We dated a few more times, but we drifted apart. The store owner had offered to let me try things on.