PDA

View Full Version : Shaved legs in public

Karen's Secret
02-11-2018, 11:03 AM
Other than my accepting wife, no one knows that I crossdress. I'm thinking of keeping my legs shaved over the Summer but I'm worried about what others may think. I know it is more common nowadays for men to shave their legs but are we at a point in time where no one really cares? I also know that some men naturally have very little leg hair so I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this or not.

CONSUELO
02-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Start riding a bike and then you can say that you keep your legs hair-free just like the other cyclists. Oh and being out on the bike with bare legs means they will be nicely tanned too.

Micki_Finn
02-11-2018, 11:11 AM
You know your friends and family better than we do. Strangers won’t be walking up to you commenting on your legs. So it’s just a matter of how the people close to you will react and only you can judge that.

Nichole_31
02-11-2018, 11:17 AM
I have shaved my legs for 12 yrs now. I have heard a few comments from close friends when they first saw my legs but they grew tired of it and it became a normal thing. I have heard from a female friend that works with me that my shaved legs are the only thing the other females talk about, take that for what it’s worth...it all is worth it in the end when you shave, put lotion on and a brand new pair of pantyhose. Nothing beats that. I do ride a road bike but have stopped using that as the excuse and just tell people yup I shave my legs, why...I don’t like leg hair.

Jenn A116
02-11-2018, 11:45 AM
I live in the land of perpetual summer (AKA Florida) where shorts weather is pretty much 12 months out of the year. I've had my legs shaved for ~3 years now and nobody has noticed or commented on them.

I've got an excuse cooked up if anybody asks, but never needed it.

Dana44
02-11-2018, 12:06 PM
I have lost most of the hair on my legs so wearing shorts look great and nobody says anything. But I do shave them when needed.

Julia1984
02-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Agree 're bike. And much easier to slap the fake tan in at the start of the season if you're hair free! Who cares? 😁

Rollermiss
02-11-2018, 01:20 PM
I have had my legs shaved for over 20 yrs. In fact shaved nose to toes. I have never had anyone question it. Even though I am known in our town.

Kelsey

Cheryl T
02-11-2018, 01:33 PM
I had the same concerns at first.
When I took the plunge (nose to toes) I had only 2 people comment. One was a female coworker and the other my mother-in-law. I simply said I didn't like all the hair and that was that.
Friends never commented and truth be told, I didn't care if they did. Now it's just natural.

janeycdbbw
02-11-2018, 01:37 PM
For a long time now I haven't worried about having shaved legs and them showing. I rarely get questions about it. May be that no one cares or too timid about asking me . My take is do it and enjoy the feeling.

sherri
02-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Ime people do notice, I catch them noticing all the time during shorts season, but of course strangers and casual acquaintances are unlikely to quiz me about it. Family members have asked me why, but even though I used to ride a bike for exercise I would feel silly using that excuse cuz unless you're very serious about cycling leg hair isn't really an issue. Instead I simply explain that I'm not a very hairy person to begin with and as I've gotten older my leg hair has become patchy, bald in some spots etc, and I don't like the way it looks and feels so I simply shave them occasionally. I like this explanation cuz it's the truth and nothing but the truth ...... it's just not the whole truth. ;-)

Tracii G
02-11-2018, 01:53 PM
People may notice but chances are they won't comment because its none of their business.
I have to ask if you had a male friend and he shaved his legs what would you say? Would you call him gay because I think that might be what you are worried about altho' you did come out and say it. Plus they won't automatically think you are a cross dresser because you shave them. Pretty sure that the last thing they would think.
What gives anyone the right to question if a guy shaves his legs or not?

Monique65
02-11-2018, 02:07 PM
I have naturally hairless legs and have only had one comment in my life. A GG asked me once if I shaved my legs and I said why would I? I do wear shorts from April to September.

Rhonda Darling
02-11-2018, 02:11 PM
I've kept my legs, arms, back, and chest shaved year round for at least 7 years. One comment! One! All the fears were for naught. Do it, be proud of it, and if asked whether you shave, respond with: "Yes I do. Why do you ask?"

YMMV

PamelaRI
02-11-2018, 02:22 PM
A long time ago, I started shaving my legs on a regular basis, but my SO soon strenuously objected so I would only do it periodically. A couple of years ago, I decided to go back to always shaved. Other than that one time, no one has said a word to me and I haven't been roughed up by the manliness compliance squad.

Rachael Leigh
02-11-2018, 02:38 PM
My guess is Karen most don’t care, notice yes some do but don’t care. I never want leg hair again so I’m keeping mine clean and have for a few years now

JeanTG
02-11-2018, 04:35 PM
I've been shaving my legs for just over a year now. I am an avid road cyclist, so I have my cover story :-)

Other than my wife, either nobody has noticed or has dared mention it.

Cassandra Lynn
02-11-2018, 04:46 PM
I live in a very red-neckish little town, in a fairly red-neckish state and in 12 yrs of hairless leg and nearly 6 yrs being completely shaved nose to toes I've never been questioned.

Yes, there are inquisitive looks, double takes and people pointing and whispering to each other, but others opinions of me are none of my business.

Other than those close to you, it's really a moot point. Like someone above said, once someone you know mentions it, it becomes old news quickly.
I've been on and off the road bike over the yrs and people assumed I started it for that reason, but one look at the rest of my everyday gender presentation and it becomes rather obvious I do it to be hair free and still no one feels the need to say a thing about it.

It's a moot point, just do it and enjoy!

Kandi Robbins
02-11-2018, 05:29 PM
As long as your wife is good with it, I can assure no one cares! I was hairy from head-to-toe, now completely hairless. I have lifelong friends and family, of course, not one single word from anyone. I work out at a gym and run competitively and no one has ever said a word. We all worry too much about what others think when they really are too self-absorbed to pay any attention.

kayegirl
02-11-2018, 05:58 PM
I have been shaving, or waxing my legs since I was 16 years of age, I will be 68 next month and in all that time nobody has ever asked why.

stephNE
02-11-2018, 06:07 PM
I've kept my legs shaved year round, for at least 8 years, and only a few people have noticed and said anything. I say, do what makes you happy, there really isn't any reason to worry.

Diane Taylor
02-11-2018, 06:19 PM
My legs have been totally shaved for years with no problem. I say go for it.

Glenda58
02-11-2018, 07:44 PM
I've had shaved legs for over 20 yrs. Only one person said anything about it and now they have shaved legs.

Kiwi Primrose
02-11-2018, 07:55 PM
I have shaved my legs for so many years. My wife started it and nobody has ever commented, in fact I'm not sure they ever noticed. People aren't thinking about my legs when they see me.

BLUE ORCHID
02-11-2018, 08:01 PM
Hi Karen :hugs:,My legs have been hare free for over 50 years now and no one has ever said anything about them,

Only my:love:Wife knows about my dressing,

After very many years of Epilating the hair just gave up and stopped growing. >Orchid ...:daydreaming:...

Beverley Sims
02-11-2018, 08:24 PM
Like BlueOrchid, I have hairless legs no one has ever commented except when I was eighteen

alwayshave
02-11-2018, 09:19 PM
I have been shaving my legs/epilating for years, I have had one run in which I recounted here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?199900-Someone-commented-on-my-legs-and-not-in-a-good-way/page3

Natalie Wood
02-11-2018, 11:15 PM
It took me a while to get comfortable with shorts on in public and in front of extended family. Since there is no way I'll ever go back to hairy legs, I just got used to telling people that I prefer my legs shaved. After doing it for a while you will get used to it and it won't be any issue for you.

insuntan
02-11-2018, 11:24 PM
I have never had a problem with going around with my legs shaved. No one notices.

Stephanie47
02-11-2018, 11:32 PM
I've posted a number of times on this forum that I have no hair follicles on the back on my legs. That's the thighs and the calves. What little hair on the front, i.e., shins, is light and fine and hard to notice. I'm seventy. My adult daughter about three years ago asked me if I shaved my legs. Thirty years without her ever noticing? If you're going to shave your legs how is that going to compare with the rest of the body, the chest and back and arms? Are you going to have bare legs, but, hairy elsewhere? Get rid of the chest hair and hair on your back too. Thin out your arm hair. I noticed on your bio page that your wife is supportive but does not want to participate. How does she feel about it?

Becky Blue
02-11-2018, 11:44 PM
I have shaved my legs at the start of many business trips and will often walk around weekends etc in shorts no one ever seemed to notice. Also we were recently at a BBQ where all the guys were swimming... I noticed that 3 of my friends have absolutely no leg hair.. I know the one has zero body hair, but the others have hair on their arms and chests but not legs perhaps they shave them.. nobody seems to notice anything.

LaurenS
02-12-2018, 05:24 AM
Overthinking it.

I overthought it for 30 years. Started shaving everything year-round 3 years ago, and can’t wait to wear shorts in the summer. Only a couple of observations, nothing much, and I live in a very conservative town.

You just got to own it. Someone asks why? Cause I like them shaved. Hate body hair. Feel cleaner. Look better. I cycle and swim, but I don’t use that as a reason. Don’t be defensive, just confident.

Stacy Darling
02-12-2018, 06:28 AM
Not sure if they care Karen, but some will definitely stare! Twice!
I'm another one in the 20-30yr hair free club and can only agree with the others and say be confident and own it. Just think, it's just the leg hair and not a pink Tutu!

Avoiding brightly coloured clothing and footwear eg; Women's running shorts with bright red shoes. Does stop some of those eyes being drawn to your legs in the first place! But that's just what I've noticed.

Stacy!

TheHiddenMe
02-12-2018, 06:39 AM
I've had shaved legs on and off the last several years. No one has ever commented.

I'm in shorts all of the time around people, either at the Y (gym), playing tennis and golf, coaching tennis (high school boys and girls). No comments. I actually look to see if other guys have hairless legs. It looks like a few do, but of course I never ask.

Last year I started shaving my arms, again on and off. They are shaved right now (I'm currently down under where it's summer, so I'm in short sleeves all of the time). No one has noticed that either (not even sure my wife has).

If someone were to ask, I can tell them I've been doing for triathlons for 30 years and it makes it easier to put on sunscreen. But no one ever notices.

Alana Westenra
02-16-2018, 04:10 AM
Consuelo is right! Really any athletic activity has dudes that shave their legs, and I'm imagining they cant all be CDs. I've had to answer for mine a couple of times, but usually explaining how moisture sweat) evaporates faster from bare legs, they eitherlose interest or agree that it makes sense (which it does). Plus biking makes your legs look AMZNGG!

Tracii G
02-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Have you ever noticed MMA fighters shave their legs?
Pretty sure no one calls them gay or assumes they crossdress or even laughs in their face about it.
The only one that has a problem with it is you.

Raychel
02-16-2018, 07:14 AM
I am another one to say, Legs have been shaved for years.
No one has ever said a word.

Only one person has said anything about my shaved chest.
A great friend, She asked where all my chest hair went.
I simple told her, a hairy chest looks really bad with a dress on, She laughed.
End of story, lol

Rayleen
02-16-2018, 07:53 AM
I shave my legs for years, no one looks at your leg .

No problem here.

Hugs, Rayleen

Fiona123
02-16-2018, 08:43 AM
I have been shaving my legs and under arms for a little more than two years. I go to a gym daily. No one has ever said a word. In fact I shaved last night.

Rhonda Jean
02-16-2018, 09:19 AM
I've always shaved my legs. Since I've never had hair on my legs I never had to deal with anybody noticing change. I'll confess, though, that even after 45+ years of shaved legs, there are rare times, maybe once a year or less, when I'm in a situation where I just don't want to risk attention to it. Easy enough. One day a year I'll wear long pants when most others are wearing shorts. Point is, even after shaving my legs for basically my whole life, I'm still aware of it and think about it.

Whether or not people notice I think is greatly dependent on what you're wearing and the situation. If you wear below-the-knee guys shorts, there's just not a lot of skin exposed to notice, and if what you're wearing is typical guy stuff in typical guy situations it's probably not a thing. If you think it is, put on some long pants. But, probably none of us have that in mind. I constantly use self tanner in the summer, so my legs are always smooth and tanned and I wear either short guys shorts (mid thigh) or women's shorts, and flip flops. Shaved legs are only part of the picture.

Do people notice? I certainly hope so! Will they react to it or comment? Extremely rare. Do they talk behind my back? Some, certainly. If you're wondering what the reaction will be of people you don't even know, this is a zero. If you feel like you need to hide it in certain situations, around people you know, then hide it. In the big picture, this is a very small thing that has very large payback in the psyche of most of us. Low risk, high reward.

I do not enjoy shaving my legs (or the rest of my body). It's incredibly time consuming and inconvenient. I hate stubble even more, though. I love the results and would never be any other way, but the actual act of shaving is a total pain in the ass for me. I can remember way back there when I liked actually doing it and not just the results of it, but that's been a few decades ago.

Overall, it's a simple little thing that should be just a personal decision. You certainly shouldn't deny yourself. It's your body. I cannot imagine having body hair, even though there are times that I get so sick of shaving that I've considered it.

cosmolovesph
02-16-2018, 09:31 AM
I have for years now as well and living in AZ shorts are almost year round. I trim my arm hair too so I look like I am not overly hair ... and I am not really in general.

sara michelle
02-16-2018, 11:24 AM
After fifteen years of shaving, it just seems natural. Most people probably do not even notice. The wife does not even seemingly care. As I get older, acceptance of certain non conformity do not matter to me.

Sallee
02-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Yes I think your over thinking it. NO one really cares.

GemmaK
02-16-2018, 02:12 PM
I've shaved legs and body for many years. Only had one comment, from a friend. Otherwise nothing. A non-issue for me. My wife wasn't keen at first, not about the shaving, but the stubbly feel on grow-back.

IleneD
02-16-2018, 02:51 PM
Karen,

Fear not and shave away.
I keep my legs shaved all the time now (except when I just get lazy). The legs go outside in shorts in the summer. I go to my rec center pool and gym frequently with legs shaved. [I also wear earrings and it's not unusual for me to be donning panties in the mens lockerrom. But I'm brazen that way.]

If your legs are in good shape and look great otherwise, they will look GREAT in guy shorts too. I know competitive swimmers and body builders who shave their legs too.
You've probably looked around modern American civilization lately. There are no more dress codes. Shave and be proud. Look great and be proud.

sometimes brooke
02-16-2018, 10:22 PM
I’ve had my legs (and everything else) shaved and epilated for over 40 years. Nobody has ever said a word. I’m a competitive swimmer and bike racer, so that’s an easy explanation if I ever felt I needed one, but honestly at this point in my life I don’t really feel the need to explain myself. I am who I am and it’s just not an issue at all.

Enjoy the so very feminine feeling of silky smooth skin and don’t look back!

~ Brooke

DaisyLawrence
02-17-2018, 03:09 AM
Are we really asking this question again? No no-one cares but do you care if they do? Would you question someone else about their legs? Would it be anyones business but the person whose legs they are? It's your body, do what you want with it. If you can't get over the societal stereotyping of something this minor you will never move forward with your gender expression.

Tracii G
02-17-2018, 03:16 AM
Daisy I agree.
The question I have for the OPer is do you say anything about what others do with their body hair and if you noticed a male friend had shaved his legs would you start a big scene over it?
Call him gay ,laugh at him,call him a CDer, make fun of him in front of others?
Of course not and if you have friends that act like that they aren't your friends and it would be smart to stay away from them.

Krea
02-17-2018, 05:21 AM
Karen, i reckon you are over-thinking this. Just do whatever you prefer. :thumbsup:
Most people will not notice / be bothered and even fewer, if any, people will actually comment on it. It's none of their business anyway. If they are intrusive enough to ask, you can say that they have always been hair-free (some men are naturally like that) or you can say you just prefer them smooth and leave it at that. Go for it!

Andrea Renea
02-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Mine have been shaved for almost 20 years now. Told my wife I was doing it
and she did not have an issue. The guys I have played golf have not had an issues.

I say if your wife or SO are good then do it.

Andrea

Jemima
02-17-2018, 12:55 PM
I think that the shaved-legs bit is one of the least nervous-making aspect of crossdressing (when in public). Well, it has been so for me anyway. I mean, I have never been able to consider wearing for example a dress (or full make up) in public (I don't think I can ever do that), but being in public with my shaved legs, wearing shorts, was slightly nervous-making for only maybe the first and second time. But, then, I got used to it fast.

And, initially, when I was wearing shorts on shaved legs, I always wore longish shorts (about knee-level), but actually, I really didn't like longish shorts even then. Since many years ago though, it has been only short shorts for me :) Well, usually nothing extremely short, but you know, sort of coming to midway between the knee and the waist (I couldn't know how else to explain it; lol).

Donna St. Marten
02-17-2018, 02:12 PM
Much to do about nothing. Just do it.

alexmarie
02-17-2018, 05:21 PM
i have been shaving my legs for over 10 years and no one has ever said anything my wife prefers them shaved

abby054
02-17-2018, 06:51 PM
My legs are naturally nearly bald. I do shave off the few remaining hairs. My daughter says she is envious. Wife has not work a skirt or shorts in more than 20 years. She does not notice.

Cassandra Lynn
02-17-2018, 07:21 PM
The shorts length is something interesting to me (not to go off topic, but...).
Since I only buy and wear ladies khaki's anymore, it does tend to make the shaved legs more obvious, but still it's not caused any more comments.

Funny thing tho; I've had both men and women ask me where I buy my shorts because they can't seem to find men's shorts that length anymore; I usually just say 'your not looking in the right places' and then smile. The gals around me that know the real me always giggle when this happens in their company.

A knowing eye would be able to tell if they gave them more scrutiny, cause the pocket size and any buttons are usually different.

I have gotten a few odd looks from folks cause some of them are especially short, and the colors on a few pairs I have are a bit on the pastel side not typically found in men's wear.

Sissy_Michelle
02-17-2018, 07:37 PM
Karen,

I shave my legs, chest, underarms, and my bikini area. I still go to the gym Monday through Friday, since my legs and chest were mostly hairy, I didn't just show up the next day shaved. I used the clippers to trim and slowly but surely began using a razor. No one even looked at me differently or paid attention or maybe even cared. Now don't get me wrong I wasn't standing against the sinks shaving or brushing my teeth with everyone else. But I used the showers (no stalls) with everyone and got dressed like I had usually did and no one really noticed or even cared.

@--}----
Michelle

VS Fan
02-18-2018, 10:35 AM
I shaved for years, and would only get occasional glances (like in line at Home Depot or whatever).... didn't bother me. Now, I go monthly to a local day spa and get my legs and chest waxed, and then a facial right after with the same tech. All the ladies there know me and think it's great - I even get a pedicure there once a month. I figure if these cool ladies can handle it... who gives a crap what random strangers think? :)

EDIT: I will say that they don't KNOW that I crossdress - they know i'm married and have kids and such... but if they suspect, that's cool by me :)

BillieS
02-18-2018, 10:55 AM
I shaved for years, and would only get occasional glances (like in line at Home Depot or whatever).... didn't bother me. Now, I go monthly to a local day spa and get my legs and chest waxed, and then a facial right after with the same tech. All the ladies there know me and think it's great - I even get a pedicure there once a month. I figure if these cool ladies can handle it... who gives a crap what random strangers think? :)

EDIT: I will say that they don't KNOW that I crossdress - they know i'm married and have kids and such... but if they suspect, that's cool by me :)

That is so cool VS Fan! I've gone out with shaved legs for a few years (at the nail salon, too!) and have not gotten much notice, and none negative.

Of course my fairly large leg tattoos might be diverting people's attention ;

CrossKimmy
02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
You are def overthinking it lady. If somebody actually asks just tell them you like the feeling and they'll leave you a lone after.

Jemima
02-19-2018, 11:33 AM
My legs are naturally nearly bald. I do shave off the few remaining hairs. My daughter says she is envious. Wife has not work a skirt or shorts in more than 20 years. She does not notice.

Your daughter is not alone in her envy. Now, I have envied you too :) It is so tiring to have to shave the legs often and spend quite a long time for it (I like to do it slowly).

Taylor186
02-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Crossdresser shaved legs excuse number ??, Olympic bobsledders do it!

I've shaved year round for 15+ years. No one has said a thing.

justnikki
02-19-2018, 11:12 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time last year for Diva Las Vegas, and since I have never turned back. I've been very hairy my whole life... so I did want any reasonable girl would do, I went and got laser. I stared with the upper torso and and then went back for the legs... Not going to lie it hurts but it's worth it! Shaving now is minimal and no one cares... Now the pedicure looks better without the Sasquatch legs.

Alice_2014_B
02-20-2018, 12:56 AM
I've been out running and to the gym in shorts with smooth shaved legs and no one has ever said anything.

I even got a compliment on my calves after running with a group of people, didn't even ask why my legs were shaved.
:)