PDA

View Full Version : Do I know you?

Christie ann
02-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Today was a long awaited Christine day. The stars had aligned, I had mapped both route and outfit and was ready to go. Then getting ready this morning nothing felt right. I just looked like a guy no matter what I did. So a little closer shave and a tiny bit more foundation and I figured I don’t pass anyway. I couldn’t let the opportunity go by.

First stop to get gas. Yes my pump was the only one in the state that you had to go in and pay. So, I go to the window, and he says hi ma’am. The start of a good day.

Next stop Sephora. What a wonderful make up technician, she helped with a nice daytime look and we chatted about those crazy little girls on you tube that are so good at make up applications.

Then, while cruising the sale racks at Penny’s I hear the “ Do I know you?” We often wonder how easy it would be to recognize us while in girl mode. Well...she thought I was a woman that worked down the hall in the same office. Made my day! The two of us then spent ten minutes going through the racks and giving each other suggestions.

I am sure there are plenty of reasons why she could have said that, probably just wanted to see the tranny up close. But I don’t think we would have kept the girl talk going for the next ten minutes if that was the case. I know I didn’t pass for the whole conversation but somewhere near the beginning she thought I was a woman that she knows and in a woman’s world that is a good enough reason to have a nice conversation.

CarlaWestin
02-12-2018, 05:44 PM
So, herein lies the lesson that sometimes even when it just isn't feeling right, we might be missing out on something good.

Lana Mae
02-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Sounds like it turned out good after all! Good for you! Hugs Lana Mae

Jane G
02-12-2018, 06:35 PM
What wonderful positive experience to convey.

Maria 60
02-12-2018, 09:59 PM
I guess at times we underestimate ourselves, cheers to what sounded like a great day.

Jaylyn
02-12-2018, 10:37 PM
Also there are some women out there that enjoy visiting with anyone and even if she did know you were a CD she may have just been the friendly type. Really doesn't matter as it sounds like you had a very good time and a wonderful conversation so all is good.

Tracii G
02-12-2018, 10:58 PM
You know I have had days where I didn't think my make up was up to par and had a lady say wow you look great I wish I could do that with make up.
Or the day you dress on the casual side to have a lady say I love the jeans with that top and those shoes, totally cool look.
Its the days you don't expect to turn out fantastic but they do.

Becky Blue
02-12-2018, 11:13 PM
Great experience thanks for sharing

carisa
02-12-2018, 11:45 PM
That was great to hear! Thanks for sharing!

Aunty_Hazel
02-13-2018, 02:48 AM
What a delightful encounter.
:-)

Helen_Highwater
02-13-2018, 05:06 AM
Lovely story. Perhaps she's one of those GG's into CD'ers and was hitting on you?

Krisi
02-13-2018, 09:01 AM
If I was out dressed as a woman and heard someone say "Do I know you?" I would probably have a heart attack on the spot. Or at least faint. Apparently in this case it wasn't anyone who actually knew you (as a male) so that's good.

CONSUELO
02-13-2018, 09:23 AM
It was a great day for you and you carried it all very well. Just goes to show that if you go into the World with confidence, the World treats you well.

Kelli Jo-ann
02-13-2018, 10:43 AM
I would have just said "why sure, I'm Bob from accounting" LOL

Asew
02-13-2018, 10:51 AM
Sounds like a great day!

Beverley Sims
02-13-2018, 11:30 AM
When I was young and single that was a pickup line used on me on more than one occasion.

It led to some interesting conversations and relationships as well. :-)

Tamsin Secret
02-13-2018, 11:42 AM
If I was out dressed as a woman and heard someone say "Do I know you?" I would probably have a heart attack on the spot. Or at least faint.

I lol'd to that Krisi :heehee: Me too!

Lovely story Christie :)

Debra Russell
02-13-2018, 12:27 PM
Sounds like a confidence booster ... would like to see a pic ...:heehee:..................Debra

Christie ann
02-13-2018, 02:09 PM
You know Debra, I just don’t do pictures. My kids keep changing the cloud settings and all of a sudden my phone photos show up on every family device conceivable. Back in the day, Karren Hutton talked me into posting some pictures here, nothing to do with the web site security but in the uploading process on my computer, almost got caught Lesson learned.

Jenny22
02-13-2018, 02:44 PM
Does anyone have any updates on Karren Hutton? She is missed!

taylor12
02-14-2018, 04:15 AM
Christie ann, What clothes you wore? and did you use hip and butt pads?
Just asking because you passed.

Christie ann
02-15-2018, 10:03 AM
It’s winter so I had on this fun fleece cowl neck tunic from sahalie with black leggings and ankle boots. No extra padding. And, really I am sure I just passed for a moment