PDA

View Full Version : Late to the party and my slip was showing...

Nikkilovesdresses
02-15-2018, 11:22 AM
I finally watched The Danish Girl, with my wife. She cried at the end, I didn't.

But I did find it a very moving story, and it instantly made me want to spend more time en femme. I related so closely to Lily's love of feminine things and her desire to adopt feminine body language.

That film must have affected so many men with buried CD instincts- I bet it was the cause of more than a few divorces.

Are there any similar films anybody can recommend? I want MORE...

DIANEF
02-15-2018, 11:45 AM
I would definitely recommend Breakfast on Pluto starring Cillian Murphy.

Jaylyn
02-15-2018, 12:01 PM
Did you have to rent the Danish Girl or is it on the TV? Where did you see it at?

Ressie
02-15-2018, 12:23 PM
I liked transAmerica

Hell on Heels
02-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Hell-o Nikki,
I was out shopping with my SO and happended to see
The Danish Girl DVD sitting on the shelf. SOLD!
We did watch it together, and I suppose I’d be lying if I
said I couldn’t relate to anything that Lily was experiencing.

There are a
few full movies available on you-tube.
Carlota was pretty good,
Different For Girls was relatable.
The Christine Jorgensen story was interesting too.

See ya at the movies!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Teresa
02-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Nikki
To be honest I had to fight back a tear a couple of times .

I bought my copy on offer from a Virgin media shop ( I'm wondering if there is a hidden meaning in that one !) and mentioned to Carole I had a copy so she borrowed it. She gave me it back when we were staying over in the hotel for the night of the Xmas party , I put it down in the room with a clutch of Xmas cards and forgot to pick it up when we vacated the next morning . When I realised I called the hotel but no one had handed it in so that was the end of my copy , where the cards went was a mystery !

I did notice when she was dressing after several occasions that her legs weren't shaved , I wonder if that was intentional or an oversight by the producer , some people found Edie's smile irritating , I'm inclined to agree but the actress who played the wife was lovely , now I'd be happy to be that young lady !

Diane ,
Far removed for his performance in " Peaky Blinders !"

Sometimes Steffi
02-15-2018, 10:05 PM
The New Girlfriend, in French with subtitles

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3184934/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Nikkilovesdresses
02-16-2018, 04:33 AM
Did you have to rent the Danish Girl or is it on the TV? Where did you see it at?

Netflix.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies, I'll try to find as many of these as possible. Can't wait to see Breakfast On Pluto, Cillian murphy is one of the most beautiful creatures on Earth, even before he puts on make up.

Rhonda Darling
02-16-2018, 07:51 AM
And for a good crossdressing comedy, dont forget Too Wong Fu Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar with Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes and John Leguizamo. Excellent fun.

pamela7
02-16-2018, 08:31 AM
La Cage Aux Folles

and "boy meets girl" - interesting trans movie, also.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3007302/?ref_=nv_sr_2

netflix's lgbt section has plenty to choose, also.

CONSUELO
02-16-2018, 09:43 AM
I watched the first 15 minutes or so of the film and then had to go off to do something else. I had found it on Netflix but when I tried to find it on Netflix many months later I had no luck. Do they get rid of titles from their inventory, even those that are less than a few years old?
Early in the film is a scene that focuses on the Danish Girl's attraction to the tactile feel of the material in slips. I found that scene interesting. I would love toe see the rest of the film.

ShyLibrarian
02-16-2018, 11:18 AM
Hell-o Nikki,
I was out shopping with my SO and happended to see
The Danish Girl DVD sitting on the shelf. SOLD!
We did watch it together, and I suppose I’d be lying if I
said I couldn’t relate to anything that Lily was experiencing.

There are a
few full movies available on you-tube.
Carlota was pretty good,
Different For Girls was relatable.
The Christine Jorgensen story was interesting too.

See ya at the movies!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Thanks very much for the Christine Jorgensen suggestion:)

Carole

Amelie
02-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Anything with Candy Darling, can't get enough of her. But she's not for everyone, being a Warhol Factory girl.

Jackie7
02-17-2018, 08:59 AM
A Fantastic Woman, from Chile and nominated for this years best foreign film Oscar. A terrific movie about a trans woman and starring a trans actress, I saw it twice last week in nyc.

ShyLibrarian
02-17-2018, 09:26 AM
I finally watched The Danish Girl, with my wife. She cried at the end, I didn't.

But I did find it a very moving story, and it instantly made me want to spend more time en femme. I related so closely to Lily's love of feminine things and her desire to adopt feminine body language.

That film must have affected so many men with buried CD instincts- I bet it was the cause of more than a few divorces.

Are there any similar films anybody can recommend? I want MORE...

You might try SOUTHERN COMFORT (2001), though it could be disturbing to some it's not the 1981 B-movie with Powers Boothe, I hasten to add. Check it out on IMDB.com; the internet Movie Database

Rollermiss
02-17-2018, 01:23 PM
Girls, Thanks for the listing for transgender movies. I will have to curl up on the couch and watch them with the wife. maybe my girls too.

Kelsey

JenX
02-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Just Like a Woman (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104576/) (1992) is an excellent movie, but hard to find.

Beverley Sims
02-19-2018, 11:52 AM
Just saw "Lawrence Anyways" a French movie about a man's struggle over ten years to become a woman.

Not all that interesting just lots of swearing and a typical continental movie.

Others may like it.

Ellen Renee Edwards
02-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Cillian Murphy is a phenomenal actor, but don't forget his other 'movie in a dress', Peacock, where he portrays a split personality brother and sister. He is convincing in both genders.

I picked up The Danish Girl from our public library. I do have to admit that, by midway through the movie, I found myself feeling more empathy for the wife, Gerda, than I did for Lili herself.

CrossKimmy
02-26-2018, 03:48 PM
As far as crossdressing or trans films goes I really enjoyed Belinda et Moi. It's a lovey little French film.