PDA

View Full Version : I must go

calliekat
03-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I joined this forum last year very soon after I started experimenting with wearing Women’s clothes. It first started with leotards, since that was my first memory and feel of “non-men’s clothes” when I was about 13. I then moved on to skirts, which both I still love to wear, and sometimes a Cheerleader uniform.
I joined this site in the “rush” of the feeling. Like anyone with a rush, I was looking for ways to keep that feeling. However that rush has left and there is no longer a thrill to dress up.
Though I still dress as I said, I was never a dresser like everyone here. I only dressed in a leotard and tights, or a nice skirt, but I was and am still, always a “man in women’s clothes.” I never tried to wear a wig, get a bra, or attempt to pass myself as a lady. (I did try to shave myself but that was a disaster.)
I had hoped that joining this forum that I’d find friends and comfort to try to expand myself and try more. But that never has developed. Instead, I feel I don’t fit in with you all. You all talk about your new bra, your new high heels, your new wig, you shopping, ect. None of which I know anything about so I sure can’t be part of it.
Though I am considered a cross dresser by definition, I am not at the level you guys are at.
So I guess I just have to accept I am not like you guys, and dress the way I do, and definitely stay in the closet.
You guys are nice and I am not saying you aren’t. But I don’t fit in with you. Ill dress in my half assed way, but I will never pass, and most likely stay in the closet.
Despite my disillusion with the site, this really is a good place for people to meet and chat.
Take care of it, and yourself.

Karren H
03-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Really sorry to hear that!! But you never know when the urge will reappear. I once quite for 10 years and when it came back it was with a vengence!! Take care!!

Love Karren

TeriAnn
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I said the same thing at first . Y ou will be back Take care.:D

Sweet Virginia
03-14-2006, 11:07 PM
You are a person and you have rights and responsibilities. Love yourself and be yourself, whoever you are. Your life is ahead of you and I hope it is good. In some ways what you express is how I feel, but I'm ancient and tolerant and I feel happy here,and I'm old enough to be your dad.

calliekat
03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Really sorry to hear that!! But you never know when the urge will reappear. I once quite for 10 years and when it came back it was with a vengence!! Take care!!

Love Karren

I am not stopping my dressing. (Such as it is) I am just not feeling I have anytihng to contribute or take from this site any more.

connie rotten
03-14-2006, 11:29 PM
We all started some where. My crossdressing just seems to grow.
I wish all the best in life.

KewTnCurvy GG
03-14-2006, 11:56 PM
I am not stopping my dressing. (Such as it is) I am just not feeling I have anytihng to contribute or take from this site any more.
You joined over a year and almost half ago
and you only made 30 posts
and now you're throwing in the towel?
You give up easy!

JodieFosterTLGWLDTL
03-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Despite my disillusion with the site, this really is a good place for people to meet and chat.
Take care of it, and yourself.

A quick response:

I, like you, am not especially enamored of the paraphanlia talk, for lack of a better phrase. I'm more andro than anything else, but realize that within this forum, many seek to express thoughts n' feelings they can't otherwise, and that's fine. No harm, no foul.

Take care and *be yourself* -- whatever that is,

JF

Karren H
03-15-2006, 08:14 AM

That doesnt mean you have to leave.

Love Karren

Tiffy
03-15-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey girlfriend, I am big foot in lingerie. I can not pass, I do dress half assed. I do not have a lot to contribute. But, this is my home, and these are my sisters. These are great ladies. And there are more than enough of us here that there are bound to be a few just the same as you are. Just gotta look and ask. Here is to hoping you are staying with us. If you wanna talk look me up on yahoo. And besides, our differences are what make us so great.0.02

Kisses, April Marie

Marla S
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, as I also try to get my female and male aspects together.
My goal isn't to pass either. I'm not even sure if it would be fulfilling if I could, though it would be definitely fun from time to time.
In this sense I can understand your mood, but think you should stay.
Otherwise, take care !

Jodie_Lynn
03-15-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry that you feel there is nothing here for you, but don't let that keep you away.

As a member of several different forums, for my many interests, I too sometimes feel like I've 'gotten all I can from here', and "left" them. For a while anyway. And then, one day, I decide "hey let me see whats up on Forum XYZ", and I discover new folks have joined, or there is a really interesting subject I want to contribute to.

There is really no need to fell like an outsider, there are so many great people to chat with here. Even if you don't contribute to the convo, you can still see what others are thinking/feeling/doing with their lives.

Peace, and be good to yourself.
:D

~Jodie-Lynn

calliekat
03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, as I also try to get my female and male aspects together.
My goal isn't to pass either. I'm not even sure if it would be fulfilling if I could, though it would be definitely fun from time to time.
In this sense I can understand your mood, but think you should stay.
Otherwise, take care !

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and words.
I guess I am not sure of things at this point. I mean, the way that I dress just seems "half assed" when I read allot of postes here. Most talk about puting on makeup, were to find this and that and how to do something.
As I wrote, I don't dress to pass. I don't wear bras, do my hair, shave my body, etc. I am litterly "a man in a dress."
I do it because it is comfortable. I like the open air with a skirt mostly.
How can I contribute to a compunity that seems to "dress to the 9" (as much as possible) when I sure don't? I kind of feel like half a person here since I dress half way..... if that makes sence.

Jodie_Lynn
03-16-2006, 03:50 PM
OK, so you aren't the "go to gurl" for fashion, make up, or hair tips. So what? You can still contribute, if you feel the desire to. There are a lot of threads where people are asking for advice or help on interpersonal relationships, and other events in their lives. In case you hadn't noticed, not every thread has to do with clothes, make up and hair.

So you like to be "a man in a dress", fine. No one is saying you MUST do as others do. Look around at some of the other types of threads. Go play in the lounge or general topics. Maybe, just maybe, you might have the proper perspective to give someone some "Real Life" advice or suggestions. Maybe you are the person to offer the male advice to the rest of us. Who knows? But ya won't find out if you keep thinking that we are all cut from the same cloth.

Leave if you feel you have to, but not because you have nothing to learn or contribute. But if you do leave, or even if you stay, be good to yourself.

Julie York
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Most talk about puting on makeup, were to find this and that and how to do something.
As I wrote, I don't dress to pass. I don't wear bras, do my hair, shave my body, etc. I am litterly "a man in a dress." .

It's a forum that covers many aspects. You think you look like a man in a dress? So what if it makes you happy. Go and seek out Butterfly Bill who IS a man in a dress and doesn't give a monkeys what anyone else measures as "right" or "wrong".. Some like shoes, some like skirts. Some dress up completely, others wouldn't even want to. Don't be so hard on yourself. You have an opinion on things so you can contribute and share. In fact you just did.

sharifemme
03-16-2006, 03:59 PM
We are not all the same but we are all different from the mainstream. I think all the girls will agree you are welcome here and if you decide to go, we'll be glad to welcome you back anytime.

Best of luck, whatever you do!

Hugs,
Sharifemme

JMO2
03-16-2006, 07:49 PM
My attitude was like yours at first but I decided to look around and even do some searches. I am one that has been and will always be a closet crossdresser not that I want that but because my legs are so messed up from the day I was born that I look horrid in a skirt. It doesn't mean that I do not like the feel of it. My point being which I will just plain get to. Don't sell the people on here short. I look in from time to time and enjoy some of the topics because some are done in fun and help to lighten a heavy load of work and not being able to dress at that certain time of the day. If you do go, I wish you well but you have to cincider the resources of support you have here. I think this is better than therapy for me........

calliekat
03-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Okay.... I guess I must have jumped the gun here.
I never realized that, dispite I am not a "full" dresser and am "a man in a dress" that I am still welcomed here.
As I posted before, I value all your thoughts an ideas. I just didtn't think I had anything to contibut so I wanted to leave BEFORE I was "kicked out" for not being like everyone else.

Can I say something?????
Even in real life, as a guy, I struggle with this same topic. I feel like an outsider to most people. So I guess that feeling came to this forum too.

Butterfly Bill
03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I feel somewhat as you do to most of the people on this board, like a bit of a black sheep. I can't stand makeup, I shave my legs so hose doesn't itch, but not my face, I have no interest in breast forms or how to tuck. When I am in a dress everybody calls me "sir".

And I really think that I get a better response than if I was trying to look like a real woman. The honesty and the rebelliousness I think turns on some people who are themselves at odds with mainstram culture for reasons that may of nay not include gender. One prime example from my memory is two lesbians at the Unity Church of Lawrence. "You look like someone who is really secure about his masculinity", I have heard from more than one person.

Snookums
03-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Calliekat,I know just how you feel,I joined to visit the chat,but I can never get in there.I don't shave any more,grew my mustache back,never liked trying to pass,it made me feel like I was trying to fool someone,especially after some local jerks put me in an intensive care unit when I was in college.I'm just a man wearing womens clothes not trying to pass as a woman.

Holly
03-17-2006, 12:53 AM
Calliekat, long story short... the only person you have to please is yourself. You're welcome here and you have much to contribute. And I suspect that you are NOT in the minority.

sparks
03-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Sit down and recollect those thoughts of leaving. Does it really matter if you only wear leotards. Gawd sometimes I only wear a bra! I've only attempted en femme a few times and may never do so again! it's not really what you wear that matters it's that you have at least a little feminity in you that made you put them on in the first place!
But this a haven for all of us fully dressed/half/quarter/or just in cute slippers. You are here because you feel a little different than the rest of the male population.
Maybe you came looking for understanding and have found it. Now you can just lend a hand to some of the new members who have arrived to learn what you have learned.
Beside have I mentioned that even fleas find my leg hair to thick! Yeash If I could pass I would need more therapy!

Helen MC
03-17-2006, 03:50 AM
Please stay. Like you I am a CD rather than a TV. I do not go outdoors en-femme, do not wear makeup, do not tuck, do not have breast-forms. I DO wear panties 24/ 7 and have done so for 40 years. At home as well as panties of course, I sometimes wear a skirt or a dress and have just got out of bed and I am wearing a woman's nightdress over my panties. I feel as welcome here as someone who goes the full monty and has had GRS and lives 24/7 as a woman. We even have female to male CDs here and they are welcome.

So please stay. Cross-dressing is a "broad church". Nobody will throw you off the Forum for not posting anything.

Alison Anderson
03-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi Calliekat,
There`s really no reason to feel like you don`t belong or would not be welcome here.

I`m only an occasional dresser and rarely post but when I do I always recieve a warm welcoming word like an old friend who`s been away. So there`s no need to leave completely unless you want to.

I find, every now and then, the need to reach out to my sisters to satiate the feeling of being strange and alone. As a guy, I`m a "guys" guy but I`m always aware there`s something "different" about me.

Labels arn`t much aproved of here really I feel but I`m a transvestite, when I change I want to be a convincing woman (pft! I wish) and a Crossdresser "can" be a man who just likes to wear womens underware. All are here and its all one big, happy family:D

Kathi-Anne
03-17-2006, 11:22 AM
No matter what your classification. There's something for all of us regardless of how deep you get into it. I am kind of like you. I still like to wear pantyhose and heels. I like the feeling I get, but I really don't go out en femme.
I'm sure we all go to certain lengths in our desires to dress, but don't feel like you don't belong.

You're not being judged by how many types of clothes and accessories that you have. Don't quit, Don't feel like you have to keep up with the rest of the group or go out and overhaul your wardrobe.

I know my desire isn't as intense as others, but I still enjoy hearing reading the posts.

stacie
03-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey don,t leave everyone started out in some way or form of CDing. I myself started out wearing leotards and, also enjoyed the feel of them, its has been only the past 2 years that, I have started to really dress completely as a women. last year I started going to a support group for CD,and Ts so, I could be with others like myself and it was fun and they really made me feel good about myself. I still only go out in public to go to the group meetings dressed up as stacie and it took me 20 years to do that. I never believed, I would go from wearing a leotard to dressing up as a women," Make up and all", but that is were my feelings led me to. Hope you stay. Stacie

Brina1960
03-17-2006, 12:45 PM
My two cents...
I am just happy there are sites out here in cyberspace that deal with crossdressing, no matter what level I may be at. When I was a teen, I thought I was a freak for dressing up, that I was different; you know...why me? If there had been sites like this way back then, my mind would have been put at ease, for sure. Now, many years later, I am glad to be able to share my thoughts and feelings (just signed up, but I have thoughts and feelings to share) with others in my boat. Not to "justify" my crossdressing, but to learn that there are myriad others out there sharing the same needs as I. Maybe I will and maybe I won't post alot, but just being able to read about others is tremendously satisfying. But, I certainly won't unsubscribe just because I may not be in the same league as others (and Lord knows, I'm not).

--Brina 0.02

Snookums
03-18-2006, 12:21 AM
it's nice to be able to come here and not be acused of being someone you aren't,or being bullied by hosts with serious issues,or agendas.I really enjoy the joke string,I deal with life through humor,see erin go bra,it's how I cope with a lucrative career being ruind at an early age.A viet cong shot my aircraft down and I almost broke my back,life goes on.I wish I could be retiring from an airline,instead I ended up on service connected disabilty benefits,and thats been more of a struggle than flying at tree top level in a helicopter,being shot at with everything from small arms fire to RPG's.I wish you wouldn't leave,we all have much to learn from each other.:spank: