PDA

View Full Version : Things women say

Nikkilovesdresses
02-17-2018, 11:54 AM
This conversation took place many years ago when I was single. This was on about the 6th date. I'm shortening it to the relevant sentences.

Me: What quality do you value most highly in a person?

Her: Honesty.

Me: Me too. I like to wear women's dresses.

Her: Seriously?

Me: Yup.

Her: I don't believe you.

Me: It's true.

Her: I can't tell if you're joking.

Me: I'm not joking.

Her: You disgust me.

I wasn't that upset - she thought Sting was really cool.

suzanne
02-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Where is that woman now?

Sarah Doepner
02-17-2018, 12:49 PM
Evidently she practiced honesty as well, so that's a good thing, I guess.

Micki_Finn
02-17-2018, 12:53 PM
I see apples and oranges. I value compassion, but I’m still not going to date the world’s most compassionate drug addict. I understand that prejudice isn’t cool, but I don’t think this is exactly the irony you seem to be implying that it is.

docrobbysherry
02-17-2018, 01:42 PM
"The truth? U can't handle the truth!":heehee:

ShyLibrarian
02-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Bummer. I can often tell within minutes whether a GG is pro-, neutral or aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhh!!! Not sure I could be intimate with a woman who didn't at least tolerate some undies.

Jodie_Lynn
02-17-2018, 02:19 PM
And the point is... ?

You were honest, and so was she.

Pat
02-17-2018, 02:27 PM
I think I'm with Jodie_Lynn on this one. Two honest people saving themselves a lot of angst in the future. You both won.

Nikki A.
02-17-2018, 03:03 PM
I told my wife early on about my dressing. She read up on it and decided that we could work things out. We had our ups and downs but stayed together until she passed away.
I later, met one woman that I did like and early on (2nd date) I told her about my dressing. Killed that relationship, not her cup of tea and she was worried that I might dress better than her. Oh well, her loss. And besides she did live a bit far away.

franlee
02-17-2018, 10:13 PM
I like the honesty. This would work for me, here I am take all or depart as friendly acquaintances.

char GG
02-17-2018, 10:46 PM
Not sure if there is a point? I guess you asked a question, made a statement, and she answered/reacted.

DaisyLawrence
02-18-2018, 02:52 AM
Why does there always need to be a point? I'll tell you what I see here. I see Nikki making a funny post. It's entertaining. Why do some always want to see more than there is and take everything so seriously? Than you Nikki, that was funny.

Nikkilovesdresses
02-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Than you Nikki, that was funny.

You're welcome Daisy. It also happens to be true.

sometimes_miss
02-19-2018, 12:19 AM
When a woman asks you a question, or tells you that she always wants the truth, what she is really telling you is that she wants you to tell her what she wants to hear. They want the truth because they don't want to fall in love (or stay in love) with a person who is something they don't like. They can be perfectly happy for decades or even a lifetime as long as they remain ignorant of whatever it is that they find unacceptable.

We have seen that in the occasional instance where a couple in their later years (60's, 70's) get into conversation, and the man finally admits having had an affair some 50 years ago. The wife is outraged; she feels that she has been cheated on throughout her entire marriage, that perhaps everyone knew except her, and that she has been made a fool of her entire life. She files for divorce. Even though she was happy for half a century.

Same as when a woman asks you what your sexual fantasies are. She doesn't want to hear about you and that goat, your dream threesome with her younger twin sisters, or your hot secretary. What she WANTS to hear, are that your fantasies are the same as hers. THAT'S what she wants to hear, and what she expects to hear. Basically, some romantic fantasy from a Harlequin romance novel.

Beverley Sims
02-19-2018, 07:05 AM
I used to have similar conversations with girls I knew, also ine guy was curious.

The answer I got four times out of about ten was "Well let's see it."

Was good fun usually. :-)

alwayshave
02-19-2018, 07:08 AM
Lexi, you are spot on.

Nikki, the response to telling the truth is you disgust me, I'm sorry, but she disgusts me.

Stephanie Kimberlie
02-19-2018, 09:01 PM
Wonderful quote !

ShyLibrarian
02-19-2018, 09:34 PM
Phew! Forewarned is forearmed. Thank you sweet lady:)))