PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find more girls like me?

JustEmJay
02-20-2018, 09:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has sites they use, dating or platonic, to meet other cds in their area. I live in the U.S and haven't been able to find one friend in my area, and I highly doubt I'm the only one. Thanks for responses in advance :)

Sometimes Steffi
02-20-2018, 09:59 PM
It's hard to answer, since we don't know where you live, but try searching in meetup.com for LGBT.

JustEmJay
02-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Oh awesome thank you. I live in South Florida, idky I wasn't more specific.

Tracii G
02-20-2018, 10:36 PM
Contact the local LGBT pride center in your town and ask if there are any trans support groups they know of in the area.

BrendaPDX
02-21-2018, 09:42 AM
I was going to say we have a "Places to Go, Places to Meet" spot on the Forum, but then I looked at your number of posts. You have probably already been there:hugs: Good luck and be safe:)

Beverley Sims
02-21-2018, 09:55 AM
One thing, after ten posts you will be able access other forums for members only and place your question there.

Also I advise caution in trying to meet others, you need to establish your credibility as a genuine person looking for meetups and others will eventually respond.

We all like to meet others but are cautious in early contacts.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy what it has to offer whilst exploring.

tasidevil
02-21-2018, 10:48 AM
I always wonder why people don't use Google when asking these questions eg google on transgender groups in south florida and there are multiple responses. Meet ups are good too

VivianFrost
02-21-2018, 11:06 AM
Until I was just recently recommended to this site, I used Fetlife. I have had an overall great experience over there. They have a groups section which is searchable, and I found several good communities here in my area. As well as just meeting people who have commented on my photos with mutual interests.

Joyce Swindell
02-21-2018, 11:41 AM
I lived in Ft Lauderdale area and there are many CD's there. Try checking out Tri Ess for contact info. If you have no luck...let me know... I'm pretty certain I still have some contact info for some girls there. (Maybe in an old phone)

docrobbysherry
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
The SCC has been held in Ft. Lauderdale in the Fall. I came out there for the first time 8 years ago. Altho, it was in Atlanta then. Even tho I'm in Calif. I made some dear, T friends that I've stayed in touch with ever since. Even met up with a few, too!:hugs:

Google: Southern Comfort Conference!:)

VivianFrost
02-21-2018, 02:56 PM
The SCC sounds AMAZING! I'm so looking into going! Thanks for sharing!!

Heather Anne
02-21-2018, 04:43 PM
The Southern Comfort Conference is no longer in existence. Legal problem resulted in the demise of SCC.

VivianFrost
02-21-2018, 05:29 PM
The Southern Comfort Conference is no longer in existence. Legal problem resulted in the demise of SCC.

Just to cross reference, this site(https://sccfla.org/) shows it's scheduled for September this year. So it's no longer a thing and the site just hasn't updated?

Helen_Highwater
02-21-2018, 08:00 PM
EmJay,

Have you tried posting in the; https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-Places-to-Go-Places-to-Meet Places to Go section of this forum?

In addition to that Google is your friend. Just search for LGBT and include the area in which you live or Crossdresser(s) plus area or CD'ers plus location. As you say you're not going to be the only one you just need to do your homework. As Mulder says, "They're out there". It's down to you to do the leg work. I've found folks to meet with this way. Folks I've met with on multiple occasions.