PDA

View Full Version : Do You Go To Prides and Dress Up?

Chanel-hilton
02-21-2018, 06:02 AM
I go to all my local ones in the UK and have dressed up at both Manchester twice and Brighton and Sheffield once, I go to Gran Canaria Pride most years and have dressed up one day each year, Benidorm pride once and I dressed up one day - this year I'm going to Miami Pride and I'm thinking of dressing up one of the days again

Beverley Sims
02-21-2018, 06:42 AM
I do not march in the parades but I will go dressed and be an observer.

I sometimes get with a group after for a postmortem.

Rayleen
02-21-2018, 07:13 AM
It must be nice, but in small town, too many people you know .

Glad you enjoy it.

Princess Chantal
02-21-2018, 07:48 AM
Haven’t missed one since summer of 2003. Dressed for all of them and marched in all of them except for one.

Tracii G
02-21-2018, 08:30 AM
I go as me to the Pride events I don't look at pride as an opportunity to dress up.

Cheryl T
02-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Haven't yet, but that's mostly because they conflict with my work schedule.
Soon I'll retire and then I'll be able to attend.

Chanel-hilton
02-21-2018, 11:49 AM
I do not march in the parades but I will go dressed and be an observer.

Oh yeah, I don't march in the parades either, too busy getting drunk and having a good time haha, I sometimes remember seeing the parades from a far but for me it's just a chance to party!

KymG
02-21-2018, 03:15 PM
I have considered it, but its more of a fantasy really.
Perhaps in a group of people I might.
Whether to march or watch, I don't know, and if I did, it would be abroad somewhere.

Dana44
02-21-2018, 03:25 PM
I do dress for a pride event. but it is not a typical day to dress.

Ceera
02-21-2018, 04:58 PM
I try to attend my local Pride celebration each year, as well as several of the associated block parties or special events that week. I am an out member of our LGBTQ community as an MtF transgender woman who is bisexual but primarily lesbian, so for me, it isn't a particular excuse to 'dress up', so much as it is just one of many events that I participate in as a woman in my community.

Asew
02-21-2018, 09:45 PM
My wife mentioned going to our local one this summer. I think I would be too nervous to go alone but if she really wants to go with me I would feel more at ease.

IleneD
02-22-2018, 12:19 AM
I am making plans (at this time) to attend our local Pride in June. My first one.

Aunt Kelly
02-22-2018, 01:19 AM
Good for you, Ilene. Every single one of us out there normalizes all of just a little bit more. Not that I am a big marcher, for any cause. Just not my thing, but last June's GNO fell on the weekend of Pride Week here in Houston so guess I would have to answer yes to the OP's question, and yes, I expect I will out there again this year.

Tracii G
02-22-2018, 01:57 AM
There is always the "loudly" dressed activist types that just want to be seen as over the top and have people go OMG what was that with the neon colored hair and the straight folks just enjoying the event.
Personally I go as me which is a casual mostly female me so people don't really wonder about me because I usually with my gay male friends so I guess I'm the girl hanging around a bunch of guys LOL.
A few years back I heard an mid 40s gay man behind me say "what is she doing with a bunch of gay men they aren't into girls."

Krea
02-22-2018, 02:12 AM
My wife and i went to our local Pride Event last year, which was the first ever one in the area. It was great and we will be going again this year.
If i ever decided to go out dressed in public, a Pride event might be a good place to start. :thinking:
Perhaps not our local one, but maybe somewhere a little further away like London or Brighton.

Rachelakld
02-22-2018, 03:19 AM
Not my style, I dislike crowds.
It was Feb 17th (last weekend)
I did walk the street dressed pretty 8 hours before the parade as I needed a pressure gauge from the surplus shop ($12 vrs $160 retail) and decided to have a coffee in a trans friendly area.

Chanel-hilton
02-22-2018, 10:17 AM
A few years back I head an mid 40s gay man behind me say "what is she doing with a bunch of gay men they aren't into girls."

What a strange thing for him to say, it's a known fact that most (not all but most) gay men have more female friends than male friends. Literally every time I go to a Pride it's mainly girls I'm with, and almost all my gay friends have girls go with them too - both lesbian and straight girls.
Just such an odd statement.

sherri
02-22-2018, 11:47 AM
Where I live the annual Pride event is a fairly modest affair compared to major metros, just a day in the park with booths etc. They may have had parades in the past, not sure, but I've never participated in them. I have, however, attended a couple of the park things as Sherri, I guess they're funnish, something to do, pretty much hanging out with the lgbt crowd I've known for years from the clubs and trying to stay in the shade so my makeup doesn't melt. One word of caution -- if you're not "out" to the world, keep an eye peeled for cameras and news crews unless you want to wind up on the evening news! :-P

2B Natasha
02-22-2018, 03:31 PM
So it’s not really a question, more of a statement about what you do. But I’ll chime in anyway.

I’ve gone every year for the last 8 years and prior to that on and off for years. The last few years I have driven a bus in the parade so in it but not marching. When I’m not driving I go spectate. I would march but I’m not in the social group that marches and I’m happy on the sidelines. I bring Champagne and orange juice to wet the whistle. Everyone should go. It’s a hoot. Head to a bigger city if you live out in the burbs and make a day of it. You’ll love it.

t-girlxsophie
02-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Pride I was at was Edinburgh a few years ago now,and Glasgow too (wound up a few religious nuts that day) ,But along with my 3 friends this will be my 3rd Sparkle TG Celebration in Manchester,A wonderful weekend where all human life is seen

Tracii G
02-24-2018, 01:45 PM
Its a fun event and I see LGBT friends I have known for years there.
Some booths have cool trinkets or candles maybe some good information on a trans event somewhere.
Its a great laid back event its not like a radical march down main street or anything like that.
If it were a radical march with screaming and chanting I wouldn't even bother going