PDA

View Full Version : Out to Another Friend

Holly
03-15-2006, 01:39 AM
This past Saturday and Sunday, my wife and out took a friend out to dinner. We first came to know her as a friend of our daughter when they were in high school together. This young lady is now in her early 20’s and she is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out. We both are performers and have sang together and a couple of summers ago, we were both actors in a local community theater production. It has been on my heart for a number of months to tell her about Holly. I just knew in my heart that she would understand. Saturday she commented on the butterfly earrings I was wearing, as she was wearing butterflies as well. I was certain that she had already pegged me as a CD. Well, the three of us had much to talk about that evening and I was not able to turn the conversation to Holly before we went our separate ways for the night.

As fate would have it, we were able to arrange to have dinner again Sunday evening. This time I was determined to put the topic on the table. The three of us met at Denny’s and had a nice meal together. She was sitting next to me in the booth and my wife was sitting across the table from us. I turned towards her and said, “I have something I need to tell you.” She turned toward me and looked deep inside me with those beautiful brown eyes. My heart began to pound. From somewhere deep inside me, I summoned the courage to form the words, “I am a crossdresser.” Okay, it’s out now… no going back. Her jaw dropped a bit. “No way,” she exclaimed! “Yes, it’s true,” I said. By now, my heart is in my throat. Had I misjudged her ability to accept? What seemed like an eternity, but in reality had only been a brief moment it time, she began to smile and said, “Really?”

During the next hour, the three of us talked and talked and talked. To be sure, there were the usual questions… are you gay? Why do you do it? When did you start? I gave her as honest of answers as I could. Her interest was genuine and sincere. It wasn’t too long before she started recommending some different makeup brands and making other suggestions. Then she asked where do I go when I go out. “Well, I go to Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Las Vegas… In fact,” I said, “next month we are going to Vegas for a week with about 150 other T-girls and SO’s.” Then the unbelievable happened! She said, “I haven’t been to Las Vegas since I turned 21. Maybe I could come up and spend two or three days with the two of you.” I could hardly believe my ears! Come to Vegas? Spend time with Holly? “I have lot’s of vacation time coming to me at work. I think I can work it out.” Am I dreaming? Is this real? Diva’s, Las Vegas with my wife (my best friend in the entire world) AND a beautiful GG friend? Pinch me! Girls, this is MORE than a dream come true.

Now, it’s not all confirmed just yet, but I have high hopes. This young lady’s love, compassion, and acceptance are genuine and unqualified. I’m confident that if there is any way she can work it out, she will. But I’m also equally certain that I have another friend who “gets it;” another person in the world that I can open up to without fear; another one who understands. It makes me anxious to seek out others, not so much for the dressing part, although I will be grateful for any and all tips on makeup, fashion, deportment, and all the other subtleties that help define femininity. But there are others, I’m certain, with whom I can share my feelings, my dreams, my emotions; those who will not only accept, but will encourage me to find inner happiness and to let the inside OUT! How about you? Do you think it’s worth the risk in your own life to have those around you who will encourage you to be the best you can be even if it involves travel into a territory less understood; those who are willing to stand by you as you find your way? If some fall by the wayside, can you still survive?

ChristineRenee
03-15-2006, 01:54 AM
Thanks for a real "feel good" story Holly...and congrats!:thumbsup::hugs:

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 07:30 AM
I have come out to several friends and some of the family. No problem with most, and most wanted to see me dressed. Which I did either with photos or in person.

That is until I mentioned it to my mother in law. Opps! Decided I wasn't as able to predict reactions as I thought I was. She said not to mention it again to her and she wouldn't bring it up either.

Sophia Rearen
03-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Holly,
You are a lucky girl on so many levels. Your story is wonderful and thought provoking. Yet, the simplest ? comes to mind. You were wearing butterfly earrings, as was she, and you know this GG well. And she was shocked, "no way", "really". Just goes to show how all these trivial concerns we cd's have, really are trivial. Threads such as getting my ears pierced. Do we need to sweat the small stuff?

TGMarla
03-15-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks Holly. Good story. Acceptance from your SO is one thing (one thing I don't have), but acceptance from friends is another step altogether. Good for you!

Carlacd
03-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Congrats again Holly. What a wonderful weekend you had. Hope she makes it to Vegas with you and HTGurl. Keep us posted.

Holly
03-16-2006, 06:57 PM
A quick update... my friend text messaged me yesterday on my cell phone. It was more assurance, more compassion, and more acceptance. It give me hope that there are others willing to love us for who we are.

Julie Avery
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
One true CD story is worth 10 fantasies. The true stories are inspirational.

Sophia Rearen
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
It give me hope that there are others willing to love us for who we are.

Forget loving us, I'm loving her!

Laurie Ann
03-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Holly what a beautiful adventure. I am sure that a loving compassionate person like you is sure to attract the same type of individual. Since I have been here I am always able to count on you to give great advice to everyone honest caring and full of empathy for whoever is seeking guidance. I believe that this is an example of the maxim what comes around goes around. You are certainly reaping the benefit of being that beautiful person both inside and out. I am so happy for you and your wife. I hope that as you travel your road it will be full of acceptance love and caring for you deserve it.

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Congratulations Holly!

If enough pebbles move, eventually we'll have an avalanche.

rhondasxycd
03-17-2006, 06:59 AM
I came out too two friends a cpl..They were a little suprised but it was know big deal..But seemed too be a bit of releive too me ..We are still close friends.. He would always joke around about leaving her if i would wear a dress !! So one day when they were over i said look at these pictures on my computer..and showed them some pictures of me in a dress... LOL they almost couldn't believe it was me in the pictures and kept taking double takes !!!

Clare
03-18-2006, 12:09 AM
Holly, unconditional acceptance when you get it, is wonderful.

Happy for you Sis.