PDA

View Full Version : Quixotic List

Becky Blue
02-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Many of us here have Bucket Lists, I myself have 2 one for Him and one for Her. Today I was pondering what are the things I would love to list on my Becky list but I know that they won't ever happen. I call it my Quixotic List.

1. Go and try on THAT pair of boots in the shoe shop I walk past every day, (its very near my office)
2. Have Laser on my chest legs and arms
3. Spend a whole week as Becky
4. Find a safe place to hang up my clothes
5. Buy Buy Buy all the gorgeous clothes I see everywhere
6. See the reaction of some of my friends if they knew

What are yours?

Marie-Jo
02-22-2018, 04:52 AM
A nice list Becky!
But as I have done much of it, id don't apply to me. So to find my Quixotic List number one item, thinking for a long while, this came up.
1. A second life.
Reason: nearing the (inevitable) end of first life. Yes, it qualifies as it will to my knowledge never happen.
But now, back to Life! :heehee:

BillieS
02-22-2018, 09:40 AM
Good question! Here are some things I’d like to do but probably won’t. (A girl can dream, though, can’t she?)
1 Laser for my face. No more shaving!
2 A nose ring.
3 Living full time as Billie.
4 Having a full complement of women’s shoes. (OK this shouldn’t be so quixotic. Why do I find it so hard to find the right size?)
5 Developing a good feminine voice.
6 And I like your No. 6, Becky, about friends’ reaction, so I’m adopting it as mine, too!

Rayleen
02-22-2018, 10:55 AM
!- Being accepted for who I want to be.
2- Being born in the right body
3- dressing full time always.

Tracii G
02-22-2018, 11:03 AM
I may have had a bucket list when I was 25 but not now because I have achieved most everything in life I had set out to do.
Whatever I wanted or if there was something I wanted to do I would just "go for it" and make it happen.I paid the price and made some foolish choices but they can't say I didn't "go for it" LOL.
Billie what is the draw to having a nose ring? I never understood that.

VivianFrost
02-22-2018, 11:07 AM
While I definitely have a Vivian Bucket List, I'm working on checking all of them off. As far as a Quixotic List, I think the only thing would be the one thing I can't change, which would be being born female.

LeannS
02-22-2018, 11:17 AM
1. Have the wife accept
2. Get rid of all the body hair
3. Hair transplant
4. pierced ears
5. voice training
6. Going on Vacation as Leann

BillieS
02-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Hey Tracii. I love the nose ring look (though it’s probably too young for me). I did get a couple helix piercings recently, tho, and found I liked them a lot more than I expected to.

I really like your “go for it” approach!

Pat
02-22-2018, 11:28 AM
It can't just be me who looks at a list like that and asks "Why can't you ever do that?" I mean have a second life, sure -- can't do that. Probably. Have the unaccepting accept -- maybe? I mean if the idea is that you're not going to do anything to make it happen, sure. But so many of the others seem like fully achievable goals. I look at my life and I'm unwilling to take things off the table. I look back over my life at the number of things I'd have said I'd never do that I have done and I'm afraid to put things on a list because it might trigger something. ;)

1. I'm never going to launch a full-scale nuclear war. :praying:

Tracii G
02-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Thats agains't the rules Pat and it has nothing to do with MtF crossdressing. LOLOL

Asew
02-22-2018, 12:08 PM
A. Spend a whole weekend as Asew
B. Find a safe place to hang up my clothes
C. Buy Buy Buy all the gorgeous clothes I see everywhere
D. Having a full complement of heels, skirts and dresses
E. A glamorous night at the ball with my wife (full length gown with large petticoat, heels, gloves and tiara, kind of like Belle but definitely not yellow)
F. Be an amazing seamstress making wonderful skirts and dresses
G. To not keep it a secret eventually (maybe when the kids grow up)
H. To wear skirts in public
I. Confidence to wear a sport kilt for running

DIANEF
02-22-2018, 01:12 PM
I would definitely get my eye bags sorted out, it would take years off me! And my teeth, while not bad, aren't exactly 'Hollwood smile'. Clothes?, too many to mention. Never having to shave again. But number one would be me being able to spend extended time as Diane. As for, 'why not just do it' what I want costs more money than I have. (in the present and near future anyway).

sherri
02-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Browsing the comments it's apparent that what is doable for one gurl is out of reach for another and vice versa. I feel like pretty early on in my femme life I made some choices about how far to take all this given my own personal situation and I really don't regret those choices, in fact I'm pretty comfortable with the balance and don't spend much time second-guessing. Still, there are a few things that will always chafe a little bit, things I'll never quit pining for, I guess ...

Pierced ears -- I know, this seems pretty minor and simple, but I just never managed to take the step. I think I would if you didn't have to wear studs or something all the time to keep them from closing up.

Full-time acrylic nails -- love love love long, pretty nails but I've always had to settle for press-on nails or glue-ons. It always saddens me when I have to remove them to return to guy life.

Breast implants -- I'm not one who feels particularly "trapped in a man's body" and have never longed for SRS, and early on I invested in some good quality silicone forms, which are great, but I just think "real" breasts would be amazing.

Getting an in-store makeover -- I'm sooo envious, I just think the scrutiny from passers-by might take the fun out of it.

Femme dinner parties -- I love to cook and one of my favorite things is hosting small, intimate dinner parties in my home, so naturally I would love to do it as Sherri.

Flying pretty -- I've hashed this one out a hundred times, want to do it so much and I think I might if I weren't departing from or arriving at my local airport, where I nearly always see someone I know anytime I go there. I've thought about departing in guy mode and changing during a layover but the logistics just seem too problematic. I'm not sure why the idea appeals to me so much, maybe it's my love for putting myself in no-turning-back-now situations.

A month-long tropical island vacation -- I'm not really a beach or water person, but something about a long, leisurely, uninterrupted stay in an accepting island environment sounds so wonderful. A cozy little cabana, balmy breezes, a good tan, miniskirts, short-shorts and sandals, night life, camp fires on the beach, laughter and love-making ... sigh.

Working en femme in a public work place -- this is a big one, I think it would be so cool. Years ago I had a couple of opportunities to dress in my 4-person office suite when no one else was around and it gave me a sense of what it would be like, loved it. Of course I would have been fired on the spot if caught. I dunno, I might could find something, I was once offered a part-time bartending job at a local lgbt club and I was sorely tempted but the pay was so abysmally low I don't think it would have even paid for my commute.

Coming out to a close straight friend -- this has always been a strong craving and still is, and I've thought long and hard about it, I just can't think of a single friend that would be accepting. I've done some subtle hinting with a couple of them (one guy and one GG) and their reactions seemed to validate my caution.

Having a long term romantic relationship with someone of any gender in which I get to be Sherri -- this one isn't my fault, I'd do it in a heartbeat, I've just come to accept the reality that at this late date it ain't gonna happen. For one thing, I'd just like to find someone who thinks Sherri is as sexy as I do. :D

Amelie
02-22-2018, 02:30 PM
Mine might not trans related cause I did all I wanted in life as a girl.

-I'd like a job.
-No more pain
- I'd like a partner that loves me before I die.

PS-I'd also like world peace and to help old people to cross the road.

Tracii G
02-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Partners are over rated IMO

kayegirl
02-22-2018, 05:29 PM
I am going most of the way with Sherri but with minor variations
A medical condition prevents me having pierced ears.
My month long holiday would be in South Africa, a place that I love.
Already out to many straight close friends.
Already have a wonderful partner in my lovely wife.

Nikki A.
02-22-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far and have done a lot of things that I never thought that I would have done. Been out in the regular world as Nikki, shopping, eating out and spending a long weekend as Nikki.
Things I don't think I would ever do, Work en femme (too late in my life), go full time (although I would like to spend more time as Nikki) or laser (too cheap). Of course if I hit the lottery I may reconsider the list.

Dana44
02-22-2018, 05:45 PM
I am beyond laser. hairs are to light. So i'm am looking for electrolysis. That is hard to find that around here.

Lana Mae
02-22-2018, 05:46 PM
I agree with Diane! Eye bags gone and some teeth as mine are horrible!
Sherri-Just get the ears pierced and leave some kind of stud or whatever in them! They are great! AND, do not sweat it at the in-store makeover as no one pays any attention to you at all! I had 2 teen girls look back and giggle but I also had a group of 20 something males walk by and a mother and her female child and many others and no reaction! You can do it if you really want to I did! Best wishes to all! Hugs Lana Mae

Becky Blue
02-23-2018, 12:26 AM
Great contributions ladies and a few that I need to adopt & add to my list
1. Going out with my wife
2. Developing a Feminine voice
3. Pierced ears
4. Fly pretty
5. Find a close friend to share Becky with

6. AND I can't believe I left this off my first list Boobs!!!!!!!!!

Jenny22
02-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Sherri, you don't need a bucket. You need a barrel!

KimberlyJean
02-23-2018, 07:28 PM
1. Just be me full time.
2. Have wine with my wife as Kimberly.

wendy
02-27-2018, 08:17 AM
This is an awesome topic, here are some of my quixotic list items :

1. try/own on a wedding dress
2. be wendy for Halloween
3. try on clothes in a store.
4. be in wendy mode for a whole week, or even a month.
5. learn to apply make up professionally (I'm ok at it but not great).
6. as some have already mentioned, learn/develop a female's voice.
7. having a full make over, and then heading out as wendy in a different city

DaisyLawrence
02-27-2018, 09:52 AM
I think some of you ladies are getting mixed up between the meaning of a bucket list and a quixotic list. The quixotic list is supposed to be unrealistic goals not achieveable in reality. I mean surely anyone can try on clothes in a store, have a makover etc. And Becky, pierced ears quixotic? Really?

sherri
02-27-2018, 11:41 AM
I think some of you ladies are getting mixed up between the meaning of a bucket list and a quixotic list. The quixotic list is supposed to be unrealistic goals not achieveable in reality. I mean surely anyone can try on clothes in a store, have a makover etc. And Becky, pierced ears quixotic? Really?I think maybe you're mixed up. Quixotic does not necessarily mean unachievable, just idealistic and/or unrealistic. And what's doable for you might not be for me and vice versa. So yeah, for some of us pierced ears (among other things) are quixotic, even if that's not the case for you. :) xoxo

Sherri, you don't need a bucket. You need a barrel!Lol. Don't I know it!

Sherri-AND, do not sweat it at the in-store makeover as no one pays any attention to you at all! I had 2 teen girls look back and giggle but I also had a group of 20 something males walk by and a mother and her female child and many others and no reaction! You can do it if you really want to I did! Best wishes to all! Hugs Lana MaeI should have added that the makeover isn't feasible close to home cuz of the likelihood of being spotted by people I know, but yeah, maybe you're right, in some other city farther away maybe I should put on my big gurl panties and give it a shot. :daydreaming:

rockerreds
02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
1.Grow breasts
2.Live full-time as a girl

Joyce Swindell
02-27-2018, 12:55 PM
One of the things I would like to do but don't feel it to be a possibility is to dress as "myself" around family and some friends..... without worry of permanent separation from them. Also to have hip/thigh enhancement surgery. (I have no bottom)

Cassandra Lynn
02-27-2018, 02:42 PM
2 lists and the first one is just pure fantasy fun:

1. Invent a cream that immediately removes hair; forever!
Item #1 would automatically make me an instant billionaire which would allow the rest of the list...
2. Spend several hundred thousand dollars on cosmetic surgery: mouth, nose eyes, lipo, etc, etc.
3. Money may not buy happiness, but it would help a lot with things like........... dating

List of for real stuff:

1. Continue to keep my current boundaries from building irremovable walls around me.
2. Find that very special female to be a part of my whole life.
3. Use my gender gift in a positive way that helps others.

Sometimes Steffi
02-27-2018, 10:19 PM
I understand that many of these items seem impossible. But they can happen.

Ten years ago, all my girl clothes probably could have fit into a large briefcase. Now, a 5 x 10 storage locker might just fit.

Today, I've probably accomplished about 60% of the lists, and I could easily go a lot further if I could afford a divorce lawyer and half of my stuff, because my wife would surely divorce me.

But they can be done. Have a friend to walk you through it helps, but sometime you just need to take what I call "a fearless pill" and "just do it".

And, you know what, I'm will to help anyone who needs help. Respond here and I'll check back later.

Becky Blue
02-28-2018, 06:30 PM
Steffi, the point of the thread was to list stuff that we know is very unlikely to happen. I had a Bucket List many years ago for Becky and I have knocked those items off steadily and actually given the list is short I should add to it. My Quixotic List is unlikely to ever happen due to barriers. Of course I could do anything on my list if I chose to but for me the items on my list are 'too expensive' ie. the price I would have to pay is too high for me.