PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been called miss or madam while in drab?

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 08:02 AM
The girl at the photo counter at Walmart did that. I was wow'ed since I was not at all trying to look fem. Just the pony tail and earrings. I took it as a confidence builder. And no, this happened when my fem photos were done digitally, not on film so she didn't see the other me.

sharifemme
03-15-2006, 09:10 AM
I once was addressed as Ma'am in a store and when the clerk apologized for the mistake and corrected himself, I told him he was right the first time! You should have seen the look on his face!

Actually, I have been greeted as a woman many times and I usually just smile.

My favorite exchange with a clerk was last Christmas at FashionBug. The clerk asked if I was looking for something for my wife and I told her., "Maybe - Maybe not!" I usually go to the local fashion bug at least once a week in drab and I quite often buy dresses, skirts, and blouses in my size so I'm sure the clerks now know. But they are always glad to see me and treat me with great respect. After all, I am one of their best customers!

Sharifemme

Sharifemme

sky0629
03-15-2006, 09:17 AM
yes it's happened to me, just being cleaned shaven, hair in a pony tail or even down. mostly from young guys and some girls this while in drab. doesn't bother me i laugh or just smile i know the guys feel a little strange after they get a good look. i even got a what's up baby at a red light, i turned to the guy and said (woops) he said my bad. so maybe i could really get away with it in fem that is. maybe one day

karentvca
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
I am proud to say that it has happened to me several times... and I love it! Just last week, i was in a Bureau en Gros (that's what they call Staples in Quebec) and the same clerk ma'med me twice before realising his mistake. I am wearing my drab hair longish these days, but I was not acting or wearing anything femme at all... he put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!

Julie Avery
03-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I haven't, but it would make my week ;)

JodieFosterTLGWLDTL
03-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Many times, but then I'm smaller than most.

bobbi(CO)
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
would never be a problem for me:straightface:

TracyDeluxe
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Frequently on the phone (I know this isn't exactly what you are asking) when I am not "trying" to sound female. Then the next time I do try to sound female, they'll say, "Thank you, Sir! Grrr!

Jennaie
03-15-2006, 02:42 PM
About three times in the last couple of weeks. Usually this does not happen, but for some reason it has lately. I love it.

I think it may have to do with the kind of vibes your putting out, I don't know, but it would be very hard to mistake me for a female in drab. I shave my head.

Katrina
03-15-2006, 04:53 PM
I have once. I had not cut my hair in about 4 months so it was shaggy but it tends to fluff up some. I was wearing girly jeans but ones that I can get away with in drab mode without raising eyebrows. My GF and I were at a DSW (shoe store) and one of the women working there was in one of the aisles as we passed by. She said, "Good evening ladies". I don't think she got a good look at my face though. I was flattered though.

Jenny Warren
03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
As I have a pony tail, and am quite short this happens to me now and then.

On the phone, however, is a different story.

I'm blessed/cursed with a fairly high voice, and frequently get mistaken for a female during phone conversations.

I NEVER complain about this for some reason. :happy:

Jenny

trannie T
03-15-2006, 05:39 PM
I usually get called "sir" when I'm in drag.
:brokenheart:

Julie York
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
No.

bobbi(CO)
03-15-2006, 05:45 PM
hell I get called sir when dressed:o

Kayla Smith
03-15-2006, 06:51 PM
This has happen to me so many times that I have lost count but every time it does happen it really makes my day:c9: . Much better than being called "Sir".

Hugs

rachel1985
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
I have, nearly everyday. I don't get called it when i'm on the phones in work, but i do when facing customers for when they walk in their broken PC's for repair. I always get greated as ma'am or miss in shops, busses etc. I love it, that gives me a buzz. But saying that i love having my hair down all the time, and i don't like having anything unshaven, so my face always looks feminine.