PDA

View Full Version : My First Time Cosplaying

Rebekah Paige
02-25-2018, 03:22 AM
I wanted to share a story with everyone. This is a small back story....

The last two years of my life have been very rough. I at times have fallen into a deep depression where finding a way out has seemed almost impossible. When I moved to Arkansas, finding a friend was difficult. And one day I happened to start talking to a crossdresser in the area. We became very close, you could say sisters. About two years ago, i asked him to be the best man at my wedding. He was excited for me and everything. And then he just ghosted me. A month before the wedding so I had to scramble to find a new best man almost last minute. Well, he joined a society for LGBT in our area, ran down my business, and told people I was just dressing because he dressed. It is a really long story. Since that moment, I just kind of went into a shell. I didn't give up being who I am, but i just stopped everything in its tracks. I have not been out, I have not been Rebekah in since then. Any time I think about becoming Rebekah, a jolt of fear comes through me. I went from being an active member of our LGBT community, to honestly hating everything. And that is not who I am.

Moving on past the sad....That led me to last weekend, and my wife and best friend now, encouraged me to bring my Rebekah stuff as my magazine embarked on covering a comic convention. I hesitated, but I packed somethings. Which led to me actually cosplaying as a Hipster Ariel, and Harley Quinn. I even went out Sunday night to an arcade bar. My first outing that was not around a mass amount of people. I view this site a lot, and I do not post much, but I should. A lot of your stories have honestly helped me reach a point where I have started feeling better about who I am. It has taken awhile though. I wanted to everyone to know that this forum is one of my favorites online, and in those past two years, really one of the only places I could be myself. I feel that I owe each of you a hug one day.

If you want to read my cosplay story, I will include the link. Also a pic of me before we went to the arcade bar,

Small bragging right, I now have the high score on Galaga for that bar!!!

https://tbkmagazine.com/2018/02/my-first-time-cosplaying/

bridget thronton
02-25-2018, 03:36 AM
Nice attic!e and nice picture -thanks for sharing them

Jamie Lynn
02-25-2018, 12:08 PM
THAT'S the way to attack your fears Rebekah! Congratulations!!!:^5:

docrobbysherry
02-25-2018, 02:59 PM
Good for u, Rebekah! However, I was VERY disappointed u didn't post pics of cosplay characters u portrayed at the event?:sad:

U can still add them here, u know!?:heehee: