PDA

View Full Version : Does your shoulder bag/purse slip off the shoulder?

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Mine slipped down all the time. Wife's purse just stays in place on her shoulder. Difference, mine is nearly empty and light weight, she carries a bowling ball in hers, or so it feels.

LindaTS
03-15-2006, 09:56 AM
I think the answer to that is most of us have slopping shoulders which females don't usually have. This would tend to make the strap slip off. I usually carry my purse by holding it and not the strap over my shoulder. Seems to work for me.

JoAnnDallas
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
I found that if you place your hand on top of the purse while walking it applies enough pressure to keep the shoulder strap in place. Plus it's a good way to make sure it is not stolen from you LOL.

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Guess my wife thinks a thief can't run fast with that bowling ball in her purse.

BethGG
03-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey don't worry, I'm a GG and that happens to me all the time :p I find it helps if I adjust the strap to be shortest, and then sort of hold the bag in back of my arm, so that my arm kinda holds it there...does that make sense? Sort of hard to describe.

sharifemme
03-15-2006, 10:39 AM
I suppose you could put velcro on the strap but then it would grab your hair. LOL! I usually keep my strap long enough that I can rest my forearm on the purse and hold the strap with my hand. I have the most trouble with small purses or ones that are bulky or thick.

Sharifemme

Sam-antha
03-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Well, sometimes/ but I rather like to keep my hand on the top of the bag, just around where the front strap joins. Strange but this is one thing that I have never checked, do ggs hang onto their shoulder bags like that ?

Karren H
03-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Mine purse strap stays up fine!! My bra straps do not!! Go figure!! Hehehehe

Love Karren

Butterfly Bill
03-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Yes. That's why I cross the strap diagonally over my body so that it goes over the shoulder opposite to the side the bag is on.

(Is this something that you aren't supposed to do if you are trying to "pass"?)

annekathleen
03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
no, but the spaghetti straps on all my sexy delicate tops do!

kathy gg
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
welcome to the club. I nowbuy purses and bags with long enough straps to go around my neck and hang at an angle. Otherwise it is just useless...

DonnaT
03-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Purses, camera bags, etc.

I'll do like Beth and Kathy mentioned. Also, I'll shorten the straps and hold it tight to my side with my arm.

BethGG
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
welcome to the club. I nowbuy purses and bags with long enough straps to go around my neck and hang at an angle. Otherwise it is just useless...
I've tried finding bags like this and it's very difficult! I used to wear bags from the Army Navy store that were able to do this, but now that I'm trying to buy more "adult" bags, they all have very short straps :mad: