PDA

View Full Version : Do you really want her participation?

CarlaWestin
03-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Here's a question for all of you no matter what your situation is. Being in DADT, I've always had the desire for it to go away
and my Wife to be fully involved. But, I've come to the conclusion that I prefer to have complete control of the experience.
It might be the desire to dress extreme from time to time so I get the impression that her influence would be more toward
the relative blandness of everyday passing. That's just sort of my take on my situation.
So, how do you feel about someone else's participation in your situation?

kimdl93
03-02-2018, 08:52 AM
Fair question. I wanted my wife’s full acceptance and embrace of who I was and am.

BrendaPDX
03-02-2018, 08:54 AM
I am a DADT and have wanted my wife to be more involved, but like you I also have some "extreme" outfits that I honestly don't know what she would think of. And yes she would definitely would lean to bland, that is just how she dresses. Someone else's participation, yes, my wife maybe not.

Teri Ray
03-02-2018, 09:04 AM
I have a supportive wife. There are agreed to limits and boundaries for my dressing but over all having her knowledge and support has been very positive. I could not ask for more. I feel extremely lucky.

Krisi
03-02-2018, 09:12 AM
My wife is supportive or at least "tolerant". She pointed to her dresser drawer the other day and said I could have any of the tights I wanted. Well there were lots of black ones which I already have but there were also some colored ones. I took them and tried them with matching outfits and they looked nice. I told my wife I needed some other colors and the next day she brought me some red ones.

I would like to get her more involved in that I would like to go out in public with her as two female friends. Not locally, we know too many people, but in another city. I'm working on it but so far it hasn't happened.

Jaylyn
03-02-2018, 09:26 AM
My wife at first about ten year ago was on board and still is somewhat. We set the rules though when I told her and she had me promise I'd not go out dressed and embarrass us in our small community. I readily agreed. She bought Jaylyn Christmas gifts for Jaylyn and help me pick out makeup. She has helped me dress up many times. After the new wore off she hasn't been as receptive. I backed off and started dressing when she was at work. She knows I still do and not long ago she lost a bunch weight and we both started working out. She bought herself many new outfits and gave me her old ones. I have twenty to thirty decent outfits. Some dresses and pants, that fir tight but look good. I ordered several sets of heels and have my own makeup plus three wigs. At the first when I told her she and I had played dress up and she wore what I call our ladies of ill repute clothes very short minis and lavish makeup and tall heels we had fun fantasizing. I loved the play time we had but it seems the newness wore off and she told me she would rather we didn't play that anymore. It's now when I want to play dress up in my most revealing clothes it's just me doing it when isn't at home. She has accepted me wearing panties almost full time now, and even let me get my toe nails painted the same color as hers at our last pedicure.
It seems though that she's not as excited about the play time that we always had when we dressed together and acted like two girls just helping each other get dressed and talking anymore. So all my extreme dressing as you put it is now on me when she is not around. I would enjoy her being back in our extreme clothing again but it's not gonna happen I don't think.

Robertacd
03-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Crossdressing really is a form of narcissism or at least many crossdressers are very narcissistic.

Yes, I really do want and enjoy my wife's participation.

I remember reading a post here from a GG who was lamenting about how crosdressers make everything "all about them" even little things like going for a walk.

If you have an accepting partner, they should be involved.

bridget thronton
03-02-2018, 09:45 AM
I prefer my wife's company regardless of how I dress

2B Natasha
03-02-2018, 09:51 AM
I love that my wife fully participated in this endeavor and either other thing I get into. While she does have a tendancy to dress somewhat conventional. She has never said anything about me dressing anyway I want to. She never says. Word when I paint the house in denim mini skirt and heels. Or when I clean the house ina maid outfit. I will also add that when I leave the house I am more dressed up usually the wife, barely. I have no desire to standout even more then I do in a crowd. So her full participation? Yep. Enjoy it? Yep. Limits from her? None. Limits on myself? Yep. The main limitation for me from me. Ever do anything dresses either way that impacts our revenue stream. That is the only lomitation.

AmandaRaquel
03-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Yes I love when my wife is involved. She is very supportive and hopefully will continue to be supportive.

Monique65
03-02-2018, 09:57 AM
I would like nothing more than my wife's acceptance and blessing. So far the subject has not arisen, but I hope to bring it up in the near future.

Elizabeth G
03-02-2018, 10:08 AM
I would very much like for my wife to participate. Right now I would say she is somewhere between tolerant and accepting, supportive would be a stretch. At the moment I'm working on getting more opportunities for me to dress. If that works I'll (cautiously) explore getting her more involved.

t-girlxsophie
03-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Im lucky enough to have a supportive wife and I'm pretty much left to my own devices when it comes to my dressing although if i wear something that she thinks "isn't me" she will tell me,not too bad when at home but if im going out dressed it helps to get her advice to stop me going out like mutton dressed as lamb.On occasion she will buy me something nice and have to say her taste is spot on.So for me I enjoy how involved she gets sometimes 👍

NicoleScott
03-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Crossdressing has always been a very personal and private experience and neither dependent nor enhanced by the participation of anyone else. My wife knows and is OK with my OTT style, but has no interest in participating, which makes me wonder what "involved" and "participating" really means for others. For me, it's all about the clothes, wigs shoes, makeup, etc., and the process as well as the result of transforming into MY idea of beauty, sexy, and feminine, warped as others may think that is.
I just can't get fired up about dressing and making up conservatively to go out as a girlfriend, while finding excitement in NOT being noticed. But that's just me.
It might be different if my wife was turned on by my crossdressing, but that's not the case. So, my preference is to go solo.

Teresa
03-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Carla,
DADT meant a virtual brick wall, zero involvement .

I would dearly like to share it with a GG , now I'm separated it could happen but it's not my goal to go looking for it , if it happens then so be it .

Going out socially is the driving force , in those circumstances we share participation , OK at times taking the Micky out of each other , the GGs give the most encouragement , I love talking to them .

Alice B
03-02-2018, 12:58 PM
I am with Kimdl on this one

Gillian Gigs
03-02-2018, 01:42 PM
I have my wife's full acceptance. We have agreed upon boundaries which are mostly of my choosing that are easy for both of us to live within. I get shopping help when needed and dress as I please around the house. She offers advise and comments on my attire as she sees fit and it is always appreciated. There are several skirts that she really likes and I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days that she asks to wear one of them.

Helen_Highwater
03-02-2018, 02:10 PM
It would be great to be out of the closet with MY SO assuming no negative outcomes and have more freedom to dress. That said, I'm unsure that I would feel comfortable dressing in front of her. Certainly when out and about enfemme and adopting the appropriate mannerisms I could see myself being aware that what my SO saw in front of her wasn't the person she knows. An actor playing a part and in that sense false.

I guess if I dressed simply around the house, skirt , top, tights, then I could begin to feel comfortable and not self aware but that would all depend upon my SO's reactions.

LeannS
03-02-2018, 02:13 PM
I only could wish that she would be involved but that isn't going to happen any time soon.
I so dread this DADT part but while she is gone to work or other functions Leann comes out and plays.

stepanie
03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
I think at times it would be less of a hassle but, I don't think she really wants to participate.
We don't talk about it. She knows I wear panties and such but doesn't say anything one way
or another. I wear what I want when she's not around and take it off before she comes
home so it's ok.
Stephanie

Micki_Finn
03-02-2018, 03:35 PM
My wife is highly involved in my dressing. She is very encouraging but not pushy. She doesn’t dictate my dressing, but I dress for the occasion so if I want to dress more “extreme” as you say, we’ll do something that’s appropriate for the clothing choice. However for me it’s usually the opposite in that the activity dictates the dressing instrrad of the dressing dictating the outing.

Glenda58
03-02-2018, 03:42 PM
I want her except me but not participate. Just let me go out and shop.

sara66
03-02-2018, 03:58 PM
I do and don't want my wife to participate. I love her and love being with her. She is tolerant but has no desire to see me dressed. I do have a gal pal that doesn't mind going out with me dressed, but I do find most of the time I like to keep it to myself. I have said before I am a very solitary person. This web site is the most social I have ever really been.
Sara

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Hi Carla :hugs:, My wonderful:love:Wife of 54yrs. is very tolerant and just don't want to see me while I am dressed,
She knows about everything and has seen me dressed in the past.

We have a vey workable DA/DT I stay within my boundaries and life is fantastic,
She did pierce my ears for me.>Orchid...:daydreaming:...

debbeelee1
03-02-2018, 04:15 PM
My SO is accepting and supportive of my CDing. She gets a kick out of getting me two sets of presents for birthday, Christmas and Valentine's!

Dana44
03-02-2018, 04:59 PM
My SO and I go out as two girls sometimes and she is very acceptable. It is so nice that way. I have gone out to a movie dressed by myself as she don't like starwars. Yet I would rather have her with me.

stephNE
03-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Yes, we frequently go out together as two girl friends, dinner, shopping, or a movie. She says she enjoys our girl time together, as do I.

Sometimes Steffi
03-02-2018, 09:23 PM
My wife is not interested in my crossdressing. Her DADT attitude is "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil"

In the past, I would have loved it if she would have fully accepted me (even now, she just tolerates it). However, not having an accepting wife meant that I had to learn to shop by myself and do my own makeup. In doing so, I've kind of developed my own style, and it's mostly very tasteful. Not that I don't have some fetish wear and OTT clothing, but once I started going out a lot, I bought clothes that were blendable enough to go out it. I have a lot of different venues to blend, so I can blend with jeans and a casual top, casual skirt and a top, dressy skirt and top, Girls Night Out classy, dresses, cocktail dresses and evening gowns.

I even have a few bathing suits (one piece only) and lots of activewear (yoga pants, racerback tops and tank tops) that I wear to yoga class at the gyn all the time.

My wife always seems to find something to criticize me about. I like it that she doesn't know what I own or how I dress, so I can dress for me, and not be restricted to her preferred style.

Laura28
03-03-2018, 12:47 AM
My wife is supportive to a point. She knows all about my dressing she just isn’t ready to see Laura in person. Pictures no problem. When it is just us in the house she has no issue with me wearing tops underdressed but no wig or make up. She has gotten me thing such as clothes and make up and has on occasion asked if I have an extra pair of thi highs or can I use one of your bras. She does like us to have our toes match colors. I would love to go out with her and she says someday when we’re in Vegas maybe lol. I am alwYs hopefully.

Pumped
03-03-2018, 10:46 AM
I am in a sort of DADT relationship. I wear lingerie with her, girl jeans and shorts, heels, panties, but no bras, but would love it if she would join in more and fully accept and participate even more. I would love to go full glam and dress completely, but I feel I would need help to pull it off and who better to help? I have been told a dress or skirt, bra and fully shaved are a deal breaker.

Emily78
03-03-2018, 10:55 AM
I just told my wife about my dressing. She was shocked at first but after a little while she asked me to dress up for her. She told me I looked beautiful and wanted to have a girls night. That is happening tonight so excited

JenniferMBlack
03-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Haveing had a wife you was ok with it but only at home when she said so. And now a girlfriend who is involved and accepting when ever I want. I will tell you the later is way better. Although I don't know it fits what your saying because I still choose what I wear and most of it is plain everyday stuff but my choice as I'm not into the over the top glam, trailer trash **** maybe but only at home.

suzanne
03-03-2018, 11:58 AM
Freedom from constraints is the real issue, I think. I dont want to hide from anyone, especially the SO. If she knowx about me, which mine does, I don't want her dictating where or how I dress. In my case, my wife knows all about me, and has seen me in my girliest outfits. She's sort of o.k. with my being dressed out in public, but refuses to be seen with me that way, so its boy clothes or androgynous only when we go out together. And no dressing in front of our adult children. And she refuses to shop with me or buy anything for me, but thats o.k. too because i but enough clothes for myself. LOL

I know I have it better than some, not as good as others. I'm not complaining, but sometimes I wonder how boundaries and limits are arrived at. Im not concerned whether she participates or not, whatever that means. But I do want her to feel comfortable enough with me that she acts the same way with me dressed as drab. So I've been gravitating towsrds outfits with longer skirts, her stated preference.

Stephanie47
03-03-2018, 12:14 PM
Participation by my wife is a dream. In a deep DADT relationship my wife has not said "boo" about anything cross dressing related. Probably it is safe to say she hasn't said anything since the mid 1980's. When I wearing a woman's nylon nightie was considered "bedroom fetish" activity all seemed OK. When my interests expanded it became a total turn off for her. She and I went to the local Meryn's to buy me some panties. It was at my urging and pleading. She was terrified. It turned into a disaster. Sure, I would love to be able to prepared dinner attired in a dress, hosiery and heels, all the proper undergarments and my wig. Male pattern baldness does not go well with female attired! I'd forego the makeup. Sure would love a pat on the buns. It isn't going to happen. At seventy years old I project a conservative look. I don't know what "blandness of everyday passing" really means as to style. My dresses are knee length +/- an inch or two or mid calf. I love prints which add a lot of color. I think if my wife were to accept my cross dressing wearing a dress that rises to my crotch would be seen as demeaning to women by my wife.

Sallee
03-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Great question, My wife was involved for a while and we would go out together and to CD functions in Denver but she grew tried of it and said she wanted little to do with it. She did buy me clothing and help a bit but honestly I think my sense of fashion and makeup skills are better than hers. I certainly practice more. Now we are in a DADT relationship and I think I like it better. One thing I learned was keep things in perspective. I think most ggs will get tried of their SO to involved in our "hobby" and letting other things slide.
She does know I still dress and go out but I don't push it on her and I think it is better for both of us

Rhonda Jean
03-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Forty years ago my girlfriend-then-wife was supportive and participatory to a point. She became less so over the years, finally ending in zero. I now have a supportive and participatory SO. While that is THE BEST, bar none, I still want/need my time alone. I think that over so many years of going out alone, that just became very ingrained in me. I still need to recharge every now and then by just getting out and doing my own thing. Lately I've also grown tired of shopping being the primary activity whether she's with me or not. I think shopping was just a leftover of my "solo career". It's so much easier and more fun to do things as two women! I would have never gone to a concert by myself, but we're going to do that. We're going to the flower and garden show. All kinds of stuff like that that are activities that get us out but don't include a mall for a change.

I know there'll be an occasional time when I get away by myself and go do the old familiar things, but I'm glad to be experiencing events and life in general as a woman with her. There is NOTHING like it! A different experience, and it brings on an unforeseen level of self awareness that takes some getting used to, but SO worth it!

jacques
03-03-2018, 05:10 PM
hello,
my reality is that I dress up when alone with my wife; wear women's panties most of the time; always wear a nightie to bed; occasionally under-dress; but we just cannot shop together.
I am her man (in a dress)
luv J

BettyMorgan
03-03-2018, 06:08 PM
My SO is accepting and supportive. She offers her opinions on my outfits but she has different tastes and she makes sure I know that. I will pull off a dress from the rack and she will sometimes say "I don't like that but it doesn't mean you can't buy/wear it." Some things she likes of mine (so much so, she "borrows" them and I find them in her closet. lol. On the other hand, I do the same thing.) The great part is that we share a dress size so when we go out shopping together and if she tries on a dress, she states that I would look good in the dress too and she doesn't mind if I borrow it if she purchases it.

So having a supportive SO can have its benefits in many ways. I never feel like I'm being forced to be bland.

WandaRae2009
03-03-2018, 09:28 PM
I would fully accept and embrace my wife's participation. I would be happy if we could go out as girlfriends. I do prefer dresses and skirts, I hope that she would not restrict that.

Edelia
03-03-2018, 11:46 PM
my wife supported me at the beginning, we used to go out to dinner, to drink beers and listen to music in the bars, we had really good times but over time she lost interest, today she only tolerates my feminine side. I understand her feelings, she wants a man by her side, that's why I prefer to go out alone.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2018, 12:53 AM
I am fortunate in my circumstance, my wife is always with me.

I do feel for those in a similar situation to you, I feel you are missing a lot in life.

Kandi Robbins
03-04-2018, 08:19 AM
I have my wife's 100% support, but we do not participate as girlfriends and that is absolutely the way I want it. First off, my main role in life is as her husband. If we were to go out, I would behave as her husband, not as I would as Kandi. Secondly, I would not be able to relax as I would normally, concerned about her experience. We are very happy as husband and wife and THAT is the role I do not wish to relinquish. I'd give up Kandi in a split second (and believe me, that would not be easy) if she in anyway jeopardized our relationship.

Jennifer2918
03-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Having a DADT type relationship, she is tolerant of me having a bit of time very late at night / early morning to get dressed and go out. She knows where my clothes are, but I don't believe she has ever looked at them.

One time, years ago, once I was dressed, as I was telling her I was leaving, she started to get out of bed and said she wanted to go with me. I was thrilled, but wearing a more revealing outfit than I thought would be good for a first time. She pulled the blankets back, felt the colder air (winter time), pulled the blankets back up and said never mind.

I would love for her to be more supportive and engaged. Yes, I would love for her to go with me.

CONSUELO
03-04-2018, 12:00 PM
One of the responses mentioned that cross dressing/transvestism has a strong narcissistic tendency. Reading the responses here I see several that mention that they would rather be left alone to pursue their own aims in dressing as a woman. If you read the literature on cross dressing and the many studies, this solipsistic/narcissistic tendency comes across quite strongly.

So, given this, why would women want to be willing partners in cross dressing? What is in it for them? They don't get the emotional rewards of dressing that we get, so where is the fun?

Terri_Cross
03-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Do I? Do I really want her participation? This is a question I've asked myself over, and over, and over again. Being single, this is not really a question I can give a full and complete answer to. In my dreams and often in my fantasies, yes, my lady friend, girlfriend, or my wife was involved completely with my crossdressing. Everything from talking about it, to shopping together for our clothing and lingerie, modeling and dressing up for each other. Getting our hair and nails done with each other. Doing each other's makeup for that girls night out. To all my wildest sexual fantasies that include crossdressing.

The reality of it is, I'm absolutely mortified about anybody knowing about this hobby of mine in person. And other than the ladies of the boutique that worked there that were present for my bra fitting and a very good lady friend of mine, nobody else, that I truly know of, knows of it. There is a trip planned (hopefully) to go visit family out of state where I'll get to see said lady friend again, and I'm scared to death to see her. Don't get me wrong, I feel one hundred percent secure and safe with her knowing of this. We've discussed many different facets of it over the years on the phone, but, in person? Do I really want, need, or desire her participation? Even if only by association? Do I truly want to expose myself even more wholly and truly than buck nekid? That is a really, really good question. And I don't know that I'll truly have an answer to that until that time comes.

Thank you for giving me that question.:bighug:

Janie Jane
03-04-2018, 06:24 PM
My wife of eight years brought to conscious life my desire to CD. In hindsight there were hints, but I couldn't have discovered this without her support. Every time I have felt that Jane needed MORE she has been there to support me. She encouraged me to dress for our depression group where I actually received applause for having the courage. Tomorrow will be number six to the group, and we always hit an indoor hamburger stand afterwards. We've been out shopping several times en femme, impossible without her support. It's like jumping into a cold pool; that first leap is hard, but when I'm in it is GREAT! Having that hand to hold has freed me to start to explore, at 56, who I really am.
Jane

alwayshave
03-05-2018, 07:35 AM
I told my fiancee about my dressing before we got together and she knows and supports. That being said she is rather clingy and always wants to go wherever I go. Case in point I am going to New Orleans at the end of the month with the boys. For six months she has been asking why she is not invited, simply because it is a guys weekend.. She does not accept or get why I would not want her to go. I rarely even get to go to Home Depot by myself. So yes I would like to go out dressed without her, just to have some alone time.

Krisi
03-05-2018, 08:52 AM
Just remember, crossdressing is your hobby, not hers. You wouldn't expect her to follow you around when you play golf or fish would you? If your wife is willing to go out with you in public or otherwise participate, you are pretty lucky.

Xenia
03-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Well....yes and no.

On one hand, much as I love having my "outings," it's a little frustrating that it's always a solitary activity, and I'd love to have someone to share the experience with. I've asked my wife a few times if she'd like to join me on one of my en femme shopping trips, and her responses have run the gamut from "Yes, that would be fun!" to "Eeeehhh....I'm not really comfortable with that." I suspect the truth is much closer to the latter.

On the other hand, we have VERY different taste in clothes. When we're out shopping together (with me in guy mode, of course), I'll often point out a dress or a skirt that I think is pretty, and she'll invariably say that she hates it. Her fashion sense veers more towards the simple.....jeans and t-shirts for the most part. And if I mention that I want to swing by MAC or Sephora to see if there's anything new and exciting, it's always "No! You have too much makeup already!" So I would guess that any shopping trip would be an exercise in frustration, as she would probably shoot down literally everything that caught my eye. Oh well. :)

~Joanne~
03-05-2018, 01:00 PM
I have my So's participation but she never trys to steer me into one look or another. Maybe while shopping, she'll say "this would look good on Joanne" but never trys to force a certain look. For the record whenever she does this I usually buy whatever it is and the results are not always welcomed lol

CD Tammy
03-05-2018, 03:07 PM
My girlfriend participates but only wants me to dress very infrequently, like once every couple of months. Then it is for bondage adventures but I’ve had difficulty getting her to really be in control. She’s accepted that I wear tights or pantyhose for these adventures but that’s as far as she’s indicated she would go. I wear tights or pantyhose nearly every day. A couple days a week I manage to dress in tight sexy clothing. Does she know? No. Can I tell her? No.

Thinking about the question of the thread, yes I would like her to participate and go next level. And no, I do more with self bondage and dressing. Double edged sword.

Frannie7
03-05-2018, 10:54 PM
This is a tough question. My wife does not know and I am not sure if I want her to. On the other hand things would be easier if she did know, even if she did not want to see me dressed. In fact, I don't know if I would want her to see me dressed. As some have said it's my hobby. Maybe that's selfish, I don't know. I am worried about her reaction if she did know. Pretty sure if she asked me to stop I would.

Rhonda Jean
03-05-2018, 11:36 PM
One of the responses mentioned that cross dressing/transvestism has a strong narcissistic tendency. Reading the responses here I see several that mention that they would rather be left alone to pursue their own aims in dressing as a woman. If you read the literature on cross dressing and the many studies, this solipsistic/narcissistic tendency comes across quite strongly.

Consuelo,
You and I agree on many things. Not this. At least not as it applies to me.

Look... When I'm dressed I'm necessarily different. I walk different. I speak differently. I carry myself differently. Frankly, I become pretty self conscious (embarrassed) about being "different" when I'm dressed and out with my GF. I think about it, and that alone makes it feel a little contrived. It's just hard for me to resolve the feminine with someone who knows the boy me. That's the crux of it.

Pat
03-06-2018, 09:33 AM
I think there might be a disconnect over words like "narcissistic" or "solipsistic" used above. In a medical setting those words describe specific behaviours with no moral overtones, in casual conversation, those words are often used as moralistic value judgments. If we take away the moralism, crossdressing is of course a very selfish behavior -- a behavior where you focus on your self and your needs over the social conventions that would discourage that behavior. You have to be focused on yourself because trying to extinguish that behavior is trying to extinguish your identity. Crossdressing is very selfish. Transitioning is very selfish. But in most cases, that selfishness is required for the self to survive.

Rhonda Jean
03-06-2018, 10:32 AM
I get that. Guilty as charged.

sometimes_miss
03-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Reality seldom lives up to the fantasy. The timing is all wrong, the other person involved usually isn't going to do it realistically the way we fantasize about.....unless we are paying them. Which sort of ruins it for a lot of people.
Sure, I'd love to have a nice women dress me up, treat me as if I were a girl, but there are so few that would be willing to do so, it's simply not reality. Though, I'm sure some pros will give it their best shot.

Veronica Lacey
03-11-2018, 03:43 PM
I think at times it would be less of a hassle but, I don't think she really wants to participate.
We don't talk about it. She knows I wear panties and such but doesn't say anything one way
or another. I wear what I want when she's not around and take it off before she comes
home so it's ok.
Stephanie

This is how it is for myself and my wife. She has given me a couple of items and even casually shopped once with me years ago but it is not a regular occurrence nor topic for discussion. She knows I dress when she is out for longer periods of time and accepts that I keep a portion of my wardrobe readily accessible in my main armoire. I consider this her level of compromising and gratefully accept.

If she offered more participation in the form of shopping together and/or permitting me to wear what I want whenever I want even with her at home then that would be great but the balance has been struck and it works.

CarlaWestin
03-12-2018, 07:21 AM
Reality seldom lives up to the fantasy. The timing is all wrong, the other person involved usually isn't going to do it realistically the way we fantasize about.....unless we are paying them. Which sort of ruins it for a lot of people.
Sure, I'd love to have a nice women dress me up, treat me as if I were a girl, but there are so few that would be willing to do so, it's simply not reality. Though, I'm sure some pros will give it their best shot.

Yeah, I gotta go with this one. I actually prefer my wife's non-participating tolerance as opposed to my ex-wife's phoney baloney pretending to be accepting while just gathering intel for her divorce.

KatrinaK
03-24-2018, 06:14 PM
My wife is totally accepting but hasn’t participated yet. She says she’s willing to explore, but we haven’t yet. I’ve decided to just make her comfort primary in that, and go with the flow. I don’t want to pressure her in anyway or upset the happy equilibrium that we e currently got going.

Alice B
03-25-2018, 12:52 PM
If only I could fly. Sure I would love her full involvment, but that is never going to hapen.

suzanne
03-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Participation? Maybe not so much, and i'm not even sure what that means anyway. For me, it would mean my wife would be okay going out with me, dressed, to dinner and/or a movie.

What I really want from her is affirmation. Every so often, she tells me she likes the skirt or dress I'm wearing, and that feels nice. But mostly it just feels like she's barely able to put up with my dressing. What i really want to hear is "I love seeing you in a dress, and some days I get excited wondering what you'll be wearing when I get home." I don't think she'll ever get to that point, but I still should count my blessings its not DADT.

Angie G
03-25-2018, 10:11 PM
My wife has some Participation in my dressing she has given and shopped for me. And I enjoy it.:hugs:
Angie

Cheryllynn
03-26-2018, 01:45 AM
So far I'm somewhere between open acceptance and DADT with her- when we recently discussed my renewed interest in dressing, I laid out ground rules for myself- such as staying inside the house, no face pics on the internet, etc. Should I want to try passing at some point down the road I would renegotiate any "limits" which we had in place. She was completely open and appreciative of my concerns for her in all this. Made it clear that no matter what, I was still her husband and that came first and wasn't going to change. In reality, I wouldn't be able to go outside the house anyways due to facial hair and a complete and total lack of passing...lol. But I mentioned that I would welcome any participation should she decide to...she suggested things like painting nails and such together, so there is that. Hasn't yet happened, but I remain hopeful. On the other hand, she hasn't asked to see any of the clothes I have bought, nor made any suggestions or given ideas. I've been more or less able to "do my own thing" with that, which is totally ok with me.
-Cheryllynn

t-girlxsophie
03-26-2018, 03:00 PM
My wife loves to participate even in the smallest way,she has known from the beginning about my femme side and her support and understanding has helped me through some bad times,as well as being there through the good.It would be completely disloyal and ungrateful of me if i were to turn around and say nah! don't bother I want this all to myself.And anyway I love when she gets involved

tammy1
03-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Though the years my wife and i have participated in many fantasies. One at my top of the list now is having a "girl day/night" out with her. Initally, this was not going to happen; but with time and curiousity, we are both interested in at least attempting to be "girls" together when not in our small community. Time will tell but i think it would be a lot of fun.

biancabellelover
03-26-2018, 07:17 PM
I told my wife as soon as I wanted to crossdress, and I told her that I wanted to feminise my body. She has been very supportive, has suggested styles for me, and even buys me some clothes. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Michelle.

Kiwi Primrose
03-27-2018, 02:44 AM
Bridget said it for me - my wife and I enjoy each other's company.
When we are dressing we help each other and she is very helpful.