PDA

View Full Version : Details

deebra
03-02-2018, 09:48 AM
I love girl clothes, how they look, how they feel on my body and how they make me feel feminine and present feminine. I also like it when I walk past a nice looking woman and know we are both wearing bras and panties and maybe the same outer wear. It's like we have an unspoken female connection. It makes me feel good. So in some of my posts and threads I describe in detail what a woman might be wearing, what do you think she is thinking, a women's acceptance/rejection to a CD and other similar things. Also I have brought up old threads so our new/young members can learn such as panties. Some just can't wait to be critical, some relate and some appreciate how detailed I am. Nothing vulgar but we are adults and we are only 1% so we have to learn from each other. Do you enjoy detailed descriptions, does it help you with your CDing, does it allow others to open up and show more of their personal insights and feelings?

Tracy Irving
03-02-2018, 10:08 AM
There is a high probability one of the women I walked past yesterday was wearing a bra. Sadly, I didn't feel this unspoken connection you speak of. To be fair, I also felt no connection to the dude in the hot tub even though we were both wearing swim trunks with no shirt.

There is nothing wrong with going into plenty of detail and stopping before it borders on boring.

Joni T
03-02-2018, 10:11 AM
".....do you enjoy detailed descriptions......"
The short answer is a resounding "No". Do I really care what you're wearing while sitting here typing, or going out in? No. Like Sgt Friday always said, "Just the facts, Ma'am".
Jon

docrobbysherry
03-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Two things Deebra:

I've never been a woman so I would never presume to imagine I have anything in common with them except clothes!:battingeyelashes:

Long,wordy, detailed posts r often boring and unnecessary!:straightface:
Because, "One pic is worth 1000 words!":heehee:

U continually discuss your and other folks looks. I for one would appreciate photos!:thumbsup:

Pat
03-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Some just can't wait to be critical, some relate and some appreciate how detailed I am. Nothing vulgar but...

Speaking as a forum member and not a moderator, since you're asking, my personal experience is that you often stray into vulgar.

As a moderator as long as you stay within the rules, you're fine. If you stray outside the rules moderation happens.

kathy chelan
03-02-2018, 11:29 AM
I also vote for photos

Shelly Preston
03-02-2018, 11:53 AM
There are only few times I have something in common with a woman I don't know

Normally it would be the same taste in clothes.

Joni T
03-02-2018, 11:55 AM
I'm with Doc on this one. A paragraph or two are fine but a whole tome or thesis-length posting I don't have time for.
Jon

Leslie Langford
03-02-2018, 01:37 PM
I guess I am guilty as charged by Tracii, but the myriad of "Friend" requests that I have received unsolicited in my years here - not to mention compliments on my posts and personal validation by those who saw a reflection of themselves in my musings, could relate to them, and thanked me for my insight in providing clarity to issues that we shared in common but which they hadn't yet come to grips with - well, that would suggest otherwise.

Truth be known, sometimes it felt as if I was unwittingly providing a "Dear Abby" or "Ann Landers" type of service to those who reached out to me via PM's after reading my posts, and who thanked me for putting the time and effort into some of those threads and/or posts that resonated with them in particular. I don't deliberately seek out those accolades; I just speak from the heart when a particular topic piques my interest and I sometimes like to explore it in depth. That's just the rational, unemotional, and grounded part of my brain speaking in those instances, and many here seem to find some value and comfort in that.

To those here who lack attention spans, live their lives in 140-character tweets or prefer to provide glib, throwaway posts and inane comments of the type that populate Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or the like, I say feel free to scroll past my long, "b-o-o-o-ring" posts and continue bonding with others of your tribe in trading your superficial, vacuous, and often knee-jerk comments.

I have higher expectations of this forum...for me, it is a place where intelligent and insightful dialogs can take place among like-minded individuals in order to help us understand and come to grips with this "weird" crossdressing thing that we struggle with and which most of the world doesn't understand, and frankly - we ourselves often don't.

I am happy to have found kindred spirits on this forum and enjoy bonding with them. As for the nay-sayers who don't like how or what I post, I won't allow them to throw shade on me. That's the job of the Moderators here if they so desire, and if they have issues with that ..

DaisyLawrence
03-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Oh thank you Debra for teaching me with your far superior experience and knowledge. If only I could have figured out panties on my own without having to resort to reading your fantastic long detailed and not in the slightest bit boring, repetative, or long winded posts.

AllieSF
03-02-2018, 02:16 PM
I don't mind the descriptions of what someone was wearing on the outside, but do not care for what they are or are presumed to be wearing underneath, whether it be the poster or someone they observed. I also agree with what someone else stated here, your descriptions (of what one may be wearing underneath) can sometimes be borderline creepy. When possible, pictures are much better than words when describing an outfit.

Amelie
03-02-2018, 02:33 PM
If your post is within the rules, then post whatever you want.

franlee
03-02-2018, 03:48 PM
I too enjoy details when telling about yourself or the subject of the conversation. It give one the chance to relate to the situation and feelings. Simply paints a better picture.

Dana44
03-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Never have felt a female connection when out and about except for my SO who is generally with me.

Sami Brown
03-02-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't mind wading through long posts. What is hard for me is when the entire long post is one paragraph. It isn't because it isn't interesting but rather because I keep losing my place.

I like Leslie's post because it tries to have one point per paragraph, making it easier to digest.

Sami

Lydianne
03-03-2018, 12:55 AM
My content could be described as verbose. I'm positive it gets a lot of TL;DR. I'm thankful whenever somebody persists with it. Deebra, your threads always get a lot of responses; so you generate discussion one way or another - including now.

There are some high calibre writers here from whom I would be prepared to read a book. They have a pleasant style which makes it fun to read, but at the same time, they remain serious about points they make. Leslie is one - and I've said that openly in the past. Another one is Sue ( aboynamed ). I read most of her stuff with a smile. Kandi Robbins, Pat, Phili, NicoleScott, Dianef, Stacy Darling, are a few others who immediately come to mind.

I like the clothes and how they look. I like it when my makeup attempts work. I feel no connection to women, but on the few times I have stepped out, that is not what I'm thinking about.

- Lydianne.

deebra
03-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Thank you Leslie and Amelia and very much so to franlee. Lydianne so glad you are on this forum, beautiful, smart and positive.
DasiyLawrence you are wrong, my posts and threads aren't long, just detailed, descriptive and to the point and meant to provide a clear picture to help other members, not vague. The most published thread on this forum is "panties" and long timers such as myself help new unsure crossdressers that are just getting into them with acceptance and advise.
And Pat, I can always count on you for having the scrutiny eye of a hawk.
And finally Lydianne, your first sentence is right on target so I'll take most answers as a yes and keep writing to our members to either smooth out your panties or get them in a bunch.
And finally DaisyLawrence in keeping with short threads and not being to detailed I am setting here wearing white tanga panties, nylon front with little bow at the top, lace on the rear with small elastic on the legs and waist and they look and feel so sexy and shine and glitter and hug my body so nice and feminine (Short and to the point, Right????).
Love To All
Deebra

Helen_Highwater
03-03-2018, 11:43 AM
I don't mind wading through long posts. What is hard for me is when the entire long post is one paragraph. It isn't because it isn't interesting but rather because I keep losing my place.

I like Leslie's post because it tries to have one point per paragraph, making it easier to digest.

Sami

This is the second time in quick succession I've found common ground with Sami. I too don't mind long posts so long as they are broken down into paragraphs. Three or four hundred words all strung together just doesn't make easy reading.

As for Deebra's posts, if I find it interesting, something I gain from then I'll read it all, otherwise it's on to the next. Superfluous detail especially if it's supposition does seem somewhat pointless. Factual detailing however can provide others with a better insight.

And like Leslie what I like in coming here it is a place where intelligent and insightful dialogs can take place among like-minded individuals in order to help us understand and come to grips with this "weird" crossdressing thing that we struggle with. There are many wonderful writers here, writers that have informed, challenged and inspired me over the years. Deebra's aim of helping others is to be applauded. Given the diversity of this membership, for some it will give great insight, others less so. It is what it is, neither right nor wrong.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2018, 12:01 AM
In the early stages of dressing I find a lot of people give detailed descriptions of what they are wearing, but as you progress there are other things you want to point out, such as where you have been and friends and places you interact with.

docrobbysherry
03-05-2018, 01:33 AM
OMG, Deebra! U tricked me into responding, then turned this into another tawdry pantie thread!:Angry3:

I'm out!:brolleyes: