PDA

View Full Version : Happy international womens day....google doodle

mykell
03-08-2018, 08:18 AM
so when i came online this morning google was highlighting this day.

i never pay them much attention but today i clicked the doodle, well a slideshow menu opened and i clicked one, after i realized it was a collection of 10 different ones, one shows a women sitting with a book, LOVE by Laerte, i found it cute and relevant to some who water here....if you check it out id like to hear your thoughts.....

stephNE
03-08-2018, 08:41 AM
I like most of the stuff Google put on their banner. I especially liked the ones they did for the Olympics.

I liked today's Women's day too. "I was 5. I was different. I could feel it in my stomach."

Allisa
03-08-2018, 11:27 AM
I found Inwards to be more meaningful for me relating to finding myself. I've never been in the situation your asking about but I'm sure it doe's happen and with a less cheerful results.

DIANEF
03-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Just for today my home city has been re-named 'Womanchester', a nice touch.

mykell
03-08-2018, 12:53 PM
lisa i could relate to that as well, i pointed out "love" as it was clearly a trans-women, the inclusion felt nice for this day....

carhill2mn
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
I am celebrating Women's Day by wearing my favorite dress and polishing my nails.

Jaylyn
03-08-2018, 02:38 PM
I looked but really can't decide I liked them all somewhat. Explain to me exactly your definition of to promote Gender Parity? Are they talking about the two different genders or the term used loosely as two genders being equal. Just asking.

IleneD
03-08-2018, 04:39 PM
I am not able (for most of this day) to dress as my favorite woman. Me.
But for the first time I am consciously celebrating and honoring Women' Day. I'm so pleased to be able to IDENTIFY with women and as a woman. I see my beautiful granddaughters in a way, and though their lives and eyes, that I could never have dreamed possible. I am nearly to the point of living vicariously through them as they grow; pleased to tears of the wonderful choices and opportunities they have before them; that they can be human beings restricted only by their own capabilities. I see them growing in strength, character, intelligence and beauty. All I can say to them and myself is "You go, girl.", I wish I was you.

I'm signing up for Pride Day events in June too. These are all firsts for this new girl. Another thing I never dreamed I would be an advocate part of. Now, there's no need to wear the mask. Changes.

It's exciting. It's a long awaited re-invention. It's increased awareness. It's a journey so see Life through the eyes of a woman, as a woman, with women. The things I am open to and learning from continue to amaze me. I give thanks for these changes; so glad they have happened upon me. Feeling like a woman and wanting to be a woman after a lifetime of being socialized as a male is a blessing to me, not a curse.
You Go Girls.

Drew GB
03-08-2018, 05:48 PM
My two faves are Love and Ntsoaki’s Victory!

bridget thronton
03-09-2018, 08:14 AM
Quite ironic but I celebrated by doing art with 15 women