PDA

View Full Version : What to wear with what....HELP!!!!

Ranee Daze
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I have a really nice Braemar Petits Turquois linen, above the knee suit to wear on a sortie enfemme on Monday. Shoe and purse selelction are giving me a problem. I'll be wearing sheers and my luscious copper red shoulder length wig. . I know that white shoes would be great with a white purse, but I am cash strapped. I do have black patent leather pumps and purse, either patent leather or velvet hand bag. Can I pull that off instead?

Jodi
03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
The black patent shoes would work. Either the patent or the suede bag would work. Be sure to stick with the light nude hose. Or even cream hose would work.

Jodi

Laurie Ann
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I believe that Red Heels will go with that also.

Butterfly Bill
03-15-2006, 10:44 PM
It's definitely past Labor Day, and it's not Memorial Day yet, so you can still wear black.

Billijo49504
03-16-2006, 12:48 AM
Go for it. Give it a try and see how you look in a mirror. It sounds like it should work. Wife was up and agrees.
..BJ

VeronicaMoonlit
03-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I believe that Red Heels will go with that also.

red heels? With turquoise linen? No way.

A light colored shoe would be best, white, or a nude/tan/beighe, followed by black. nude/cream hose only as Jodi said.

Veronica

Bridget
03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Hmmm turquoise? Turquoise works well with white, tan, brown, gold, bronze and other earthy and subtle tones tones. Black is not as good in my opinion, it's too strong and bold, turquoise is already a very strong color. (There are exceptions to this rule, like with black and white, and with some complimentary color combos)

Julie Avery
03-16-2006, 08:16 PM
All I know is that red goes with pink, and I only know that second-hand :)

Jodi
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Bridget, I fully agree with your recommendations on shoes, and that black would be the last resort. What she was asking was--Would black patent work? The answer is yes. I would not do black leather, but black patent is dressy enough and would go with the turquoise.

Jodi

Ranee Daze
03-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks ladies all for the input. Black patent leather it is. I'm not sure on the purse. Either a Gucci knock-off black velvet+ patent combo or a larger Club Monaco patent leather purse-with backpack straps. Larger, functional and stil elegant. All for Monday next....
Ranee

Jodi
03-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Rainey, With a nice dressy suit, please stay away from the backpack style--much too casual. I would go with the smaller knockoff Gucci.

Jodi

Bridget
03-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I agree with Jodi, in general, the more formal the outfit, the smaller the purse/handbag should be. Bigger handbags are more utilitarian, and are more for everyday usage.