PDA

View Full Version : So nice to have a local friend

tifftg
03-11-2018, 09:03 AM
I had an opportunity last night to get together with a local cd friend. While we were both in drab it was so nice to sit and chat about a wide range of things, our families, what's been happening and to speak out loud about our dressing, shopping, makeup and what is involved in being a crossdresser. We connected online-Craigslist-a few years ago. Most responses worthless and even a few creepy but we both happened to be online at the right moment. We shared a lot of emails before we met. So far circumstances haven't allowed us to be together dressed, my friend has a much more accepting wife it is far more problematic for me. In the interim we keep up with email. As much as I have loved this forum (amazingly 13 years since I joined) having a connection in the real world is a plus.

We were two guys sitting at a table talking, nothing out of the ordinary, no one staring just having a conversation like anyone else.

Hope others are inspired to reach out.

Tiffany

Maria_mtf
03-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Very nice post thanks for sharing. I would love to have someone like that to talk to, male or female.

Nikki A.
03-11-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm friends with a member here for quite a while. Yes it is nice to be able to catch a cup of coffee and just talk. We also have met at local venue dressed.

docrobbysherry
03-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Coincidently, Tiff, Atlanta is where I first went out dressed and met other dressers. Too bad the SCC isn't held there anymore!:sad:

NjJamie
03-11-2018, 08:57 PM
Tiffany, congrats on having a friend that bridges the divide, it has to be a fantastic feeling. Years ago I did manage to find a contact for a local NJ group in a chatroom and attended one of their meetings. That was a great night and I wish I had maintained that link but she was moving to Las Vegas. Just being there was a real breakthrough and I remember talking with a few members at the meeting as well as the trip to a local Dress Barn that was open just for us girls. One of my biggest CD regrets was not buying one particular outfit that fit perfectly.

I think I was so overwhelmed with the whole event that I was on pins and needles, in some kind of other world trance yet enjoying a simple night out. I was also so nervous about any leakage between my regular life and this side of me that I never followed up, the next time will be different!

SnowW
03-11-2018, 09:02 PM
I've been able to make some local connections, but often times for me it's not easy getting together with them on a regular basis. But I agree having someone local is a plus.

Cassandra Lynn
03-11-2018, 09:38 PM
Many years ago I became friends with someone I met here and it was really nice, it was with her that I first went out into the world fully dressed.

We stayed in touch for awhile but some personal struggles of my own got in the way and I lost touch with her; which reminds me I should reach out into the void and see what's going on in her world. I checked her profile when I came back here recently but she's not had any activity for a few years now.

I've just been in touch with a couple of new folks who are near by and so perhaps it'll be happening again.

Kinship and being with kindred spirits is a great thing.
Cass

Beverley Sims
03-11-2018, 11:31 PM
I always put reaching out with a caution.

It is wise to meet over a coffee at a suitable venue first.
Not at each others residence either.

alwayshave
03-12-2018, 07:42 AM
I'm glad you have a friend. I made a friend on craigslist more than a decade ago. Have never met, but have spoken on the phone, email every so often, are friends on facebook, etc.