PDA

View Full Version : Just what does it take to be "crossdressed"

barbie lanai
03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
On my morning walk, I was wearing all fem clothes. But unless someone read the lables on the white walking shoes, socks, bluejeans, sweater, and cute little black fanny pack; I looked drab. I had my new camisole with its bralette underneather, but no breast forms. The bralette is just enough to leave a little tingly feeling that something is there. Hair in a ponytail with scrunchy and earrings (diamond like studs) no make-up. All in all, felt regular drab, but dressed in fem clothes. No anxiety of being read.

1. So is it being crossdressed only when you are appearing as female? ie With breasts.
2. What about those lucky girls that pass so well, you wouldn't know they were male. Is that really crossdressed?
3. Is it only when you wear something that only a female can get away with wearing? Skirt, heels, mascara, lipstick.
4. Is it when you feel anxious that someone will read you in fem clothes?

Seems for each of these, a person could show exceptions that you'd said wasn't crossdressed.

Maybe its a combination and overall percentage of fem items. Any good definitions?

GypsyKaren
03-15-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Barbie

I don't know the answers to your questions because I really never think of such things, it's something I don't worry about. I recently got rid of all my guy clothes, and go out dressed now as you describe. To me, I just feel that I'm being myself, is all, if that's crossdressing, well that's something I'll let others argue over.

Karen

Sierra Evon
03-15-2006, 05:35 PM
# 3

JennMW
03-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Believe it or not, I think crossdressing is in your mind.

You have probably heard that ggs say that they feel more powerful, confident and sexy when they are wearing their special matched bra and panties under their day to day clothes. Only they know, so how does that happen?

Now that doesn't mean that I can get to that place in my mind in only guy clothes, but when I go out dressed as you described I can sense the difference and that is good enough for me! :cool:

Julie Avery
03-15-2006, 05:43 PM
The definitions don't matter. If the person appearing in public is really *you*, and is decently attired, there's no time like the present for getting comfortable being that person.

Marla S
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
If crossdressing is, as I understand it, the expression of your female side, then it is something mental. The "clichès" (heels, tights, skirts, makeup, breast forms etc.) aid to express this mental picture and help to make it believable, at least for oneself. (Those who fall under #2 are the lucky ones who make it believable even for the public.)
So, if one is aware of oneself wearing all female clothes, feels that way and is comfortable with it, I'd consider this crossdressing.
The lack of exitement (but still some tension), guilt, anxiety of beeing read, in combination with a good feeling was a nice and helpfull experience for me, when I did almost the same on a family celebration.

Kristen Kelly
03-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Now days with GG's in jeans, t shirts, sneakers, boy pants panties when is she a GG. The answer is always in the way she walks, talks, and acts, so when are you crossdressing, when that switch clicks in your mind? When you change how you act, your walk, things you do, are you crossdressing. I can be in my guy clothes, and walk as if Im dressed to the nines total enfem, IM CROSSDRESSING. There is no switch I turn on female to male, there are no two people trapped in this body the fem side shows thru in all I do. My life is cross living not crossdressing.

Annaliese
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I think it is when you feel female, in jeans and a cami, or all deck out. I feel female when in drab, not because I have on a bra and panty under drab, because it is my mind set of feeling female.

I was talking to a female student and was given her some advice and she said it was the same advice, her girl friend gave her. The clothes don't make the man or the woman or the CD it is in the mind set.

Anna

RenaCD
03-15-2006, 07:57 PM
It"s In Your Heart and the Song it Sings!!!

Rena

Karren H
03-16-2006, 08:01 AM
I think its when ever the person wears something that they know is not for their birth sex. Be it lingerie or the full wardrobe. But for me, just a single piece of female clothing doesn't work, doesn't feel like I'm crossdressed. It's everything fem with makeup and hair or nothing!!!!

Love Karren

MsEva
03-16-2006, 08:25 AM
I think its when ever the person wears something that they know is not for their birth sex. Be it lingerie or the full wardrobe. But for me, just a single piece of female clothing doesn't work, doesn't feel like I'm crossdressed. It's everything fem with makeup and hair or nothing!!!!

Love Karren
:iagree: So true Karren, all or nothing for me now. Maybe at one time wearing panties under drab was a turn on...I think I have evolved..no I am evolving ...it is a process not a destination.

MissHelen
03-16-2006, 09:11 AM
I've worn most of the things in your list in what I consider to be male outfits (I like to mess about with the line), my common response to the question, "why are you wearing a woman's top/pair of shoes/trousers/skirt etc)?" is I'm not, it's mine. I bought it. Bit of a smartarse response maybe and definitely in the realms of gender terrorism, but it does tend to end the conversation.

In the purest sense crossdressing is probably the best description of what I do, flitting back and forth between and mixing up gender elements as I see fit, but I tend to avoid referring to myself as a crossdresser due to the implication that the only reason to wear clothes intended for a female is to try to emulate a female (sometimes I do, but often I don't). I often refer to myself as a transvestite - it's like the common definitions of those two words have been reversed over the last decade or so, with high profile transvestites like Eddie Izzard who adopt female clothes without making any attempt to pass as a woman defining the term as someone with a taste in clothes beyond their birth gender and crossdressers being regarded as those who aim to get as close as possible to being a woman.

Eric/a
03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I've worn most of the things in your list in what I consider to be male outfits (I like to mess about with the line), my common response to the question, "why are you wearing a woman's top/pair of shoes/trousers/skirt etc)?" is I'm not, it's mine. I bought it. Bit of a smartarse response maybe and definitely in the realms of gender terrorism, but it does tend to end the conversation.

I use that myself sometimes, when I'm swimming or laying out by the pool in a woman's bikini bottom - or, more to the point we're making here, one of my bikini bottoms! They might also ask why I have women's nail polish on my toenails, and I'll either say the same thing, or maybe just say it's the best color I could find to go with my bikini.

michellecd9999
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM
For me CDing is wearing anything feminine. If I wear panties or hose under my guy jean, that is Cding in my book. If you can get away with wearing woman's jeans or blouse, that would be too!
Michelle

Snookums
03-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Barbie Lanai,all it takes is for a GG to wear mens pants,shirt,and shoes,to me thats crossdressing.:D