PDA

View Full Version : Is it Real or Just a Belief

Alice B
03-16-2018, 03:12 PM
I will start with some facts. I have always had decent looks as a male. But I am getting older and will be 76 next month. My time is short. When I get the chance to dress and do my make up I see myself as much younger once done. I do not go overboard or try the glam look. That is not me. I only need about 15-20 minets to complete my look and like everyone else here, feel great. But the question is... do I really look younger, or is it just my mind playing tricks, due to the excitment of bringing out my female side?

marshalynn
03-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Alice B, it is real, I am told all the time, that I look like I am in my 40 and 50 years old. I will be 75 in July and love it.. Marshalynn

Janie Jane
03-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Alice,
You are as beautiful as the person you see in the mirror!
Jane

Sarah Louise
03-16-2018, 04:18 PM
Well you look great for 76 and much younger.

I think men's skin ages slower than women's, but often we lose our hair which ages us. Add a wig and make-up and yes, we will usually look younger than we really are. I don't think I look nearly 50!

Tracii G
03-16-2018, 04:22 PM
I have to ask why does it matter?
As long as you like the end result thats what its all about.
Not sure why people go off on these lines of thought all it does is cause doubt and stress.

Hell on Heels
03-16-2018, 04:28 PM
Hell-o Alice,
If I had a dime for each of us that
looks younger while dressed.
I might not be rich, BUT.......
I’d certainly be lugging a big ‘ol sack
of dimes to the coin redemption
machine right now!

Much Love,
Kristyn

Nikki A.
03-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Make-up does make a big change in covering the blemishes and dark circles. A wig covers our balding scalps so of course we do look younger. Look at the difference it makes to women, why wouldn't it do the same for us.
I'm not so sure that I look younger, but I do know I look a lot better with make-up on.

CynthiaD
03-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Oh no, dear. It's real. You don't look a day over 25!

IleneD
03-16-2018, 07:29 PM
To answer your core question........
YES.

Sarah Doepner
03-16-2018, 07:46 PM
Alice,

I've seen you in real life and I would have never thought you were as old as you suggest here. You've stayed active and taken good care of yourself and that always helps one look younger. So yeah, you look good.

There are media stereotypes we battle all the time, both age and gender expression have very common images portrayed on TV and in movies. At 65 we are supposed to be doddering on the edge of the grave. And crossdressers are all too often depicted as deep-voiced, broad-shouldered guys with bad makeup in poorly fitting dresses, wobbly on heels and wearing mustaches swaggering into a bar on some ridiculous mission. (I don't have a mustache!!!!)

I look younger when I dress partly because I wear a dark wig rather than one that matches my gray hair. But I've never smoked, used sunscreen and tried to stay healthy. As such I am constantly told I don't look as old as I actually am. Again, I think they have a mental image of what someone "that age" is supposed to look like rather than the experience of knowing several and seeing the range of appearances.

Micki_Finn
03-16-2018, 07:59 PM
YES you look younger. That’s the whole purpose of makeup!

docrobbysherry
03-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Not many folks here know what 75 looks like, Alice!:heehee:

But, I do! Alice doesn't look it and u don't act it! I think it's because u live such a joyful, successful, and self actualized life!:thumbsup:

BillieS
03-16-2018, 09:28 PM
It sure looks real to me!

Alice_2014_B
03-16-2018, 09:52 PM
I think I appear younger, like many here, when dressed up.
:)

alwayshave
03-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Alice, of course you look younger. My fiancee looks younger when she dolls up. Most people do.

Connie D50
03-17-2018, 06:58 AM
Alice who cares if you think it then it must be. I believe youth is and always well be as much in your mind as your body. :)

Teresa
03-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Alice,
That is partly what makeup is about, we are bombarded with advertising trying to sell anti wrinkle creams and skin revitalising products all to make a woman look younger. I have had up to twenty years knocked off me when dressed and made up by other people so I'm very happy to spend a little time and apply my makeup the best I can. I don't feel any older when dressed, certainly not when I'm on the dance floor .

Stephanie47
03-17-2018, 11:39 AM
I have found the eyes see what the mind wants to see. I look in the mirror and I see an aging male. When I see pictures of my male self it really confirms that fact. The picture show my aging more than looking in the mirror. Of course as a male I do not try to coverup imperfections; blemishes, aging spots, lines or cracks in the veneer. If dressing gives you a lot of joy, then perhaps your face looks more youthful because of your smile and twinkle in your eyes. Makeup will hide minor imperfections. My wife is several years behind me. She still has terrific blue eyes and a great smile. She has aged well because she has never smoked. Keep that vice away folks! Smoking will age your face ten to fifteen years easy. Her facial skin is still tight and not saggy because she has taken care of it and has avoided sun tanning. Take some selfies and see how the pictures stand up to the mind's eye.

Alice B
03-17-2018, 12:28 PM
I really appreciate the kind comments many of you have given me, especially from those that I have had the peasure to get to know. I agree that the act of applying make up makes us look younger, but does it really, or is it the effect of advertising making us believe it. Up unitil two years ago I loved to dress up, spend time on make up and to go out. I felt younger and friskier. But after some tramatic injuries and accidents I no longer seem capable or desire this and feel older, thus think I am such. I still apply some make up almost daily, but does it really change how I look? I'm not so sure. Is there a point at which it becomes only an illusion? I guess getting old simply sucks. For those that know me, this thinking is not what or who I have been. Is this fun ride of self expression and exploration coming to an end? I hope not.

carhill2mn
03-17-2018, 12:41 PM
I know that I look younger when presenting as a woman. Make-up and hair do wonders!

Tina_gm
03-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Women generally look younger when they put even light make up on. Even guys tend to look younger when they shave, get a nice haircut, wear nice clothes etc etc.

suzanne
03-17-2018, 06:45 PM
I've heard it said that 50 is the new 30. So automatically you're not as old as your birth certificate says you are. Also, womens clothes tend to emphasize ones youthfulness. At first thought, there's no way this 57 year old should be rocking a mini skirt. But I get told a lot how my legs are so nice that I should be showing them off. Whats a girl to do? And you should be able to wear exactly what you want when you want as well.

Angie G
03-17-2018, 09:34 PM
I don't think it really matters if you look younger as long as it makes you feel younger. There is nothing wrong with a good feeling Alice.:hugs:
Angie

Jaymees22
03-18-2018, 10:19 PM
I may be old but I'm very immature. I know I look younger/better without my glasses everything just a little fuzzier. I usually do a temp tape/face lift that helps. I'm in my 70s too, anything that works to make us look younger is a plus. I really didn't start dressing until I was 67, so I had 2 problems to overcome I wasn't a woman and I was old.

Becky Blue
03-18-2018, 10:30 PM
Of course you look younger makeup and a wig will do that for you...

Beverley Sims
03-19-2018, 06:55 AM
If your mind is playing tricks, let it.

Me I just imagine I am gorgeous.

Seems to work for me.

sometimes_miss
03-19-2018, 01:59 PM
Everyone looks younger than they are, and everyone is above average. Just ask them.

Robbin_Sinclair
03-19-2018, 03:04 PM
If you ask this Buddhist, I should say it is “not real” because nothing is real.

That said, it is real for me because I see the difference in simple things like blood pressure and compliments. I also think our faces look more feminine when we find contentment. I eat better in fem. I’m not afraid to do what it takes to make my legs and feet pretty...and healthy.

People like me when I feel pretty. How many times have many of us thought of ourselves as a lady singing I Feel Pretty...and witty and sly...Is it real? It is for me.

Love to meet you in a stuck elevator. You’re pretty.
Four years your junior, i’d be robbin for you, mon cheri.
:kiss: