PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor will see you now!

Lisa Roberts
03-19-2018, 02:53 PM
I am sure that this is happened to many of us, some find it terrifying some find it just plain fun. After suffering a minor back injury, I waited for weeks to do anything about it. I decided that I wanted to see the chiropractor tomorrow. So I called the office today and as luck would have it they could see me almost immediately. Having underdressed in a very feminine manner for years, I didn’t think about what I was wearing and took the appointment. As luck would have it, the doctor wants to do a full exam, and asked me to strip down to my underwear. Gulp....I was wearing my red and black floral bikinis with the black lace waistband and matching bralette. After a moment of brief panic, I just decided to be who I am and trust my doctor to be professional. As it turns out, the doctor did not bat an eye and his therapy was effective and I left there feeling emotionally and physically recharged! Just be the girl you are!!
Lace and Smiles,
Lisa!

Jaylyn
03-19-2018, 03:14 PM
Good advice Lisa but so hard to take that first step. I'm a full time panty wearer but if I get hurt I'm still scared of what would happen at our small hospital...

Teresa
03-19-2018, 03:25 PM
Lisa,
The first time I experienced a problem wasn't so much the underwear but the shaved body . I saw a young Polish physiotherapist and when I stripped off he said, " OH , no body hair !" I told him straight why and before the next appointment I showed him some pictures . I had lost some movement in my left arm and shoulder and told him I would appreciate getting it back because I was struggling to do the zips up on dresses . He promised me I wouldn't continue to have that problem and I didn't , he was very good !!

Lisa Roberts
03-19-2018, 03:45 PM
Jaylyn, that is my wife’s fear too. She wonders what the community would think. I’m over the fear now!

Krisi
03-19-2018, 04:41 PM
I wear male briefs to doctor's appointments. I once wore yellow panties to the emergency room (it was an emergency) but nothing was said.

More than likely they will talk about you to each other and their friends but not mention any personal information, name, etc.

Kandi Robbins
03-19-2018, 04:44 PM
It's funny you post this today. I had to get a physical for work this afternoon, wore what I do every day of my life (panties), a complete nonissue.

Julie Gaum
03-19-2018, 05:29 PM
I usually go to the VA doctors in drab but last year I wanted a second (Non VA) opinion so I went to a lady doctor. My gg driver has only seen me as Julie and we have even gone shopping for bras together. I digress. I told this doctor that I was TG before she started. Before leaving she said "You present better as Julie than you would as Julian.
Made my day, month and year
Julie

Alice B
03-19-2018, 05:39 PM
Every time I see a doctor, be it in the ER, at an office or for a surgery I am wearing at minimum panties. No doctor has ever said a word or questioned me. However, almost every time a nurse will tell mehow much she loves the color of my nails and some times the color of my panties. It is so common now that I think nothing of it

Glenda58
03-19-2018, 06:06 PM
Last time at the doctors I had on a white bralette and white lace panties needed to get a shot had to take my shirt off. No problem I had already told them I was transgender.

Tracii G
03-19-2018, 06:13 PM
My chiro is a very nice lady and she has seen my undies a few times I am sure and has never mentioned it to me.
I love my chiro she is a miracle worker.

docrobbysherry
03-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Sounds a bit like another, "I want to be outed", story, Lisa!:heehee:

Kiwi Primrose
03-19-2018, 10:50 PM
If my wife and I go to our medical centre together I don't wear my bra at her request. Otherwise I go as I am usually dressed and the only comment I ever had was regarding my nail polish - it was a nice comment about the colour.
Be yourself, your doctor needs to know you.

Tracii G
03-19-2018, 11:03 PM
I will have to add my chiro has never asked me to strip down to my undies.

Becky Blue
03-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Nice story Lisa, thanks for sharing...

Beverley Sims
03-20-2018, 05:26 AM
That is something I would not do, I would have to be in a car accident and unconscious to appear at the doctors dressed.

alwayshave
03-20-2018, 05:48 AM
Lisa, my chiropractor has seen my panties, it was really a non event.

BillieS
03-20-2018, 07:56 AM
I'd always worn men's underwear to doctor's appointments -- until I went to a dermatologist a few years back. I'm prone to pre-cancer spots and scheduled an appointment, the first with this dermatologist, to have a couple spots on my arms checked. I showed up underdressed and with my toenails painted, thinking I wasn't going to disrobe.

I was wrong. He was insistent on doing a full body scan and, with two nurses present, told me to drop my pants and take off my shoes and socks.

I didn't have a ready response, so I went ahead and revealed my purple satin underwear and my crimson-red toenails! Though I turned several shades of red with embarrassment, nothing was said. They were total pros.

So now I wear panties (and painted nails!) to doctor's appointments all the time and I don't worry about it. It's never an issue.

Lisa Roberts
03-20-2018, 09:22 AM
Doc- not “wanting to be outed”. Just happy to be “out”. It’s so frustrating to have to live mostly “in”.
Lace and Smiles
Lisa !

Rhandi Spencer
03-20-2018, 09:33 AM
I went to the doctor one time with bright orange toenails. I actually knew she was going to look at my feet and wanted her to see them. She told me it was the first time she had ever seen a man with painted toenails and that was it.
I have had massages where you are just in undies and chose to be in panties. Never a word said.

Heidi

lingerieLiz
03-20-2018, 09:48 PM
Years ago I was receiving treatments from a chiropractor. The nurse put the probes on my back. One day she said undo your belt. She slipped the probes under my pants and never said a word. After that I didn't worry and just wore panties as I chose. I was laying on the bed and the doctor came in to take the probes out. She pulled my panties up to let me know she knew what they were.

She stayed my doctor,

Cherylgyno
03-20-2018, 10:03 PM
I've never been to a chiropractor. Drs yes, many times.
Only comment was from a dermatologists nurse. After the appointment I got redressed. She asked where I bought my panties. I told her brand, style everything. A short time later she informed me that she had bought the same style panties.
I have D cup breasts due to gynecomastia from meds. I wear a bra. One Dr said that I was obviously enough of a man to accept my breasts and wear a bra to support them. I said thank you, left it like that. Ya ya, I know. So I wasn't 💯 o/o honest.

Genifer Teal
03-21-2018, 03:51 PM
I was at the doctor recently and this young intern may be early 20s comes in and gives me the paper gown to put on. So I look at him straight in the eye and I say, what's this? The gowns I wear are usually a lot fancier than this! I think we both snickered as he walked out slightly embarrassed. After that the mood was great for the rest of the visit. Very light and fun.

Jennifer in CO
03-21-2018, 09:55 PM
I have shared in an older post about stopping by the Dr to get a script updated for my asthma meds. Well, the Dr said that while I'm there we might as well do a full checkup. If you were standing in front of me, you'd see I'm wearing a white wind-breaker over black pants and loafers. Weeelll...under it I had on a black charmeuse blouse with a black lace yoke and sheer chiffon sleeves, the slacks were side-zip - under was a black bra/pantie/garter set with rose-patterned hose. Once in the exam room I was asked to remove my coat/shirt...so I did. Nurse's only comment was "thats pretty". I said the truth - that it was a gift from my wife. As I reached behind me to remove the bra she said that wouldn't be necessary (mind you I still filled a 34B bra quite well at this point and it was a lace bra so what I was filling it with was very obviously me). Dr came in and didn't bat an eye. Did the exam and said I could re-dress. I was putting on my coat when the nurse stepped in and said "oh no - thats so pretty you need to show it off". So I left the room with my coat over my arm, stopped at the nurses desk and picked up my updated script. Didn't put the coat on till I walked out the door.

Nicole Erin
03-22-2018, 01:53 AM
I was hoping this would be about K&Y and rubber gloves snapping. Oh well.

Usually when i go to the doctor, chiropractor or whatever, there is hysterical laughter and pointing once they figure out my birth gender.

jennifer0918
03-22-2018, 02:08 AM
Great courage you rawk girl !

BrendaPDX
03-22-2018, 07:28 AM
I have some friends in the medical field, and quite honestly there isn't much they haven't seen. You wouldn't believe what they have done on the x-ray machine. But me, I am to drab:( but thanks you for all the great stories. Brenda

Tracii G
03-22-2018, 07:43 AM
LOLOLOLOL Erin that was funny.

Sometimes Steffi
03-22-2018, 08:30 PM
I'd always worn men's underwear to doctor's appointments -- until I went to a dermatologist a few years back. I'm prone to pre-cancer spots and scheduled an appointment, the first with this dermatologist, to have a couple spots on my arms checked. I showed up underdressed and with my toenails painted, thinking I wasn't going to disrobe.

I was wrong. He was insistent on doing a full body scan and, with two nurses present, told me to drop my pants and take off my shoes and socks.

I didn't have a ready response, so I went ahead and revealed my purple satin underwear and my crimson-red toenails! Though I turned several shades of red with embarrassment, nothing was said. They were total pros.

So now I wear panties (and painted nails!) to doctor's appointments all the time and I don't worry about it. It's never an issue.

I went to my dermatologist knowing full well that she was going to do a full body scan. My toenails had been recently painted in coral, and I had no intention of wrecking my pedicure. So, I just went in like I was, and it was no problem. She and her female assistant did comment on how much they like my choice of toenail polish.

SharonDenise
03-23-2018, 08:24 PM
My doctor knows I cross dress so I always wear my panties under my regular clothes when I have an appointment. However, the following you may find more interesting. I've had both of my hips replaced but not at the same time. Being as I'm widowed I would have to spend two weeks or more at a rehab center after each replacement. I visited rehab centers but had already made up my mind about one that had been favorably recommended. During my visits i told the staff that i was transgendered and would need a private room because I intended to sleep in nightgowns at night. The place I preferred agreed to my request. Both of the times I stayed there, I had my own room and went to bed every evening in a nightgown. Your name has to be written with a permanent marker on everything that goes into their laundry which included my nighties. I washed my own panties in the sink and left them in the bathroom to dry. The nurses and other staff and i got along well together. There was one male nurse that wasn't in on my dressing, came in the room looked at me, went back out to look at the name on the door and then asked if i was who i was. i assured him that i was. We had a laugh about him in the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

My doctor knows I cross dress so I always wear my panties under my regular clothes when I have an appointment. However, the following you may find more interesting. I've had both of my hips replaced but not at the same time. Being as I'm widowed I would have to spend two weeks or more at a rehab center after each replacement. I visited rehab centers but had already made up my mind about one that had been favorably recommended. During my visits i told the staff that i was transgendered and would need a private room because I intended to sleep in nightgowns at night. The place I preferred agreed to my request. Both of the times I stayed there, I had my own room and went to bed every evening in a nightgown. Your name has to be written with a permanent marker on everything that goes into their laundry which included my nighties. I washed my own panties in the sink and left them in the bathroom to dry. The nurses and other staff and i got along well together. There was one male nurse that wasn't in on my dressing, came in the room looked at me, went back out to look at the name on the door and then asked if i was who i was. i assured him that i was. We had a laugh about him in the morning.

CynthiaD
03-24-2018, 01:05 PM
My doctor has seen me in panties many times. I've been to the emergency room twice underdressed. No comments have ever been made.

LIKETODRESS2
03-24-2018, 03:32 PM
I hurt my back a few years ago, Had to go to the docter and ended up getting a shot in the lowere back / The nurse had me pull my sweats down. I did not pull them down far enough so she pulled thrm down showing my white bikini panties.

Michelle123
03-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Sorry. I just don't get it. Why is it so important for some to have their doctors see them in womens underwear? I have never been a fan of doing this. Why involve your doctor in such a personal part of your life? Why subject them to this? You are there for medical reasons. Have any of you considered it may make your doctor uncomfortable? Put him (or her) in an embarrassing situation? I'm just saying.....Being cd is Your thing...Not your doctors.

PamelaRI
03-25-2018, 10:32 AM
Michelle,

While I have plans to bring my primary care doctor in on the secret at some point this year to discuss the prospects of HRT, etc., I'm not wearing panties to a visit to shock her or to be discovered/outed. I wear them because I find them more comfortable than the underwear assigned to me by the overlords. My view is why change what I wear all of the time for an hour of my life three times a year? In the end, we all need to stay generally within our comfort zones.

suzanne
03-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Good decision, and it obviously worked. Doctors, like many others, have already seen it all. They only really care about your health and that you don't make the visit a difficult one.

CONSUELO
03-25-2018, 02:48 PM
There is a fine line between showing off to your doctor or chiropractor that you are a cross dresser and just being honest about yourself.

If you wear feminine underwear every day but go back to masculine underwear when you visit your doctor is it because you are ashamed of your cross dressing? If it is because you don't want to shock or embarrass the doctor or is it because you are ashamed or embarrassed of being a cross dresser and by extension of the very act of cross dressing.

Over and over there are posts here that complain about cross dressing not being accepted by society yet as a community we rush to the closet and hide at the slightest opportunity.

I thought that Teresa handled it well. She told the chiropractor that this is who she was and why. She was not trying to embarrass someone or "be in their face" but just being honest about what she is and that she is not ashamed.

char GG
03-25-2018, 05:41 PM
I just want to chime in. In my previous life, I worked in doctors offices and the X-ray Department at a large hospital. Doctors and nurses will be very professional - to your face. Of course, they have seen everything. That doesn’t stop some from giggling and relaying what they have seen to others after the patient has gone. And, they typically have the courtesy not to name names. I’m sure that doesn’t bother everyday underdressers.